Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 08:11 PM

288 posts, read 283,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
So we've seen the mass gatherings and protests over the Trayvon Martin case all across the nation this week. People are wearing hoodies and marching to show solidarity with the Martin family. There's nothing wrong with these rallies, but it does make one wonder why it took a black kid being shot by a half white/half hispanic shooter to get people come together.

The initial (and lingering) sentiment is that this horrible incident involved "white on black racism," which is guaranteed to get people to come out of the woodwork and jump to all kinds of ill-conceived conclusions, even if it's not a proven fact.

However, white on black crimes and similar types of heinous incidents are relatively rare, especially those that point to racism.

When can we expect that the same level of attention will be given to black-on-black crime that is committed every single day of the week?

Why does a black kid have to be killed by someone who is not black for there to be any sort of indignation?

On the surface, it sounds like perceived racism is the only driving factor here. Otherwise, wouldn't there be more concern for all of the black men who die nationwide on a daily basis?

What gives?

I don't know where you live, but we have marches here about stopping the black on black violence, you want to know why it doesn't make it to national news? Because it's black on black crime!

The media really doesn't care about those marches and you know it!

Old 03-26-2012, 08:11 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,520,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badhornet View Post
Wearing a Reds cap is a brand of the Crips gang
FYI...the color of the Crips is blue not red. And that would make you wrong.

Old 03-26-2012, 08:12 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,622,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
I'm trying to say I am reading accounts here that are being expanded on, exaggerated, imagined,speculated, race baited to high heaven. I am no neighborhood watch captain. If you come into my neighborhood and you appear strange to the neighborhood wearing a hood smiling at me with five front gold teeth and I follow you hopefully with some measure of discrete behavior and I call you in as suspicious and you come to my car pull me out throw me on the ground punch me in the nose bang my head on the pavement you better hope I can't access my gun because you will spring more holes than a colander and I don't care if you look like brad Pitt.

That is the story running in the news so you may want to revisit the version you prefer. I was just called a racist by one of you and now you know who the racist moniker really belongs to. To that person that called me a racist oh I almost forgot oj was innocent. Oh and Obama received 90 percent of the black vote. No racism here folks move along. I can tell you with pride I have helped many black people in my life and the only time I recall that reciprocal behavior was at the DMV. So whoever just called me a racist go take a nice long look in the mirror.
You're saying you're reading a lot of untrue comments, and then you post one.

Martin didn't go over to Zimmerman's car.

I'm going to assume you're a woman since you call yourself Valerie.

You're walking at night alone trying to get home and a strange man in a car(that is not a police car) is following you and coming after you, what are you going to do??????

Are you going to stop and do what they say?

Are you going to let that person do whatever they want to you?

Or you are you going to hit, kick, scratch, scream...whatever it takes.

Well what are you going to do??????

Old 03-26-2012, 08:12 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,368,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
He was hired. If he was some guy who didn't live there who sat in a car, people who lived there would find that strange.
It wasn't an official regsitered neighborhood watch.
That's why he was "self-appointed"

By the way there are people here selling "justice for trayvon" shirts, hoodies, bumper stickers etc. The people who attended the rally in sanford were buying them smh

Old 03-26-2012, 08:13 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,655,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
This information came tonight on oreilly. Zimmerman and his wife tutored black children among others according to one of his black friends. We will know for sure before it is over but bringing in the black Kkk is not the answer and giving Jackson and sharp ton another platform to pass the plate and stir up excuses to burn neighborhoods and hurt innocents is not the answer. As unfortunate as it is for anyone to die young for anything this is a trumped up deal wait and see. If I am wrong I forward apologize but I simply do not believe that Florida officials let him go because he had a permit and did a good job. If anyone believes that they are as naive as Obama sharp ton Jackson the black Kkk et al.
Did O'Reilly seriously say that Trayvon went to the car and pulled him out and started beating him? That would be seriously irresponsible reporting, as even Zimmerman himself did not report that happening. Zimmerman left the car, pursued Trayvon, and that is when the altercation happened. He was not pulled from his car.

Old 03-26-2012, 08:14 PM

2,904 posts, read 6,913,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
https://twitter.com/#!/No_Limit_*****

the link may not work because it includes a banned word
Here's a link about the twitter account:

Whoopsie – Police Reports and Witness Statements Back Up George Zimmerman’s Version of Events | The Last Refuge

It's not the point though-whatever he looks like, he didn't deserve to die.

My problem with the whole thing is with the media. They are out to start a race war, with the constant mention of zimmerman being a "White Hispanic".

Yet in many other crime stories, the race of the attackers is left unknown..
Mississippi State president: Student's shooting believed 'isolated incident' - CNN.com

Old 03-26-2012, 08:17 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,655,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by decafdave View Post
Here's a link about the twitter account:

Whoopsie – Police Reports and Witness Statements Back Up George Zimmerman’s Version of Events | The Last Refuge

It's not the point though-whatever he looks like, he didn't deserve to die.

My problem with the whole thing is with the media. They are out to start a race war, with the constant mention of zimmerman being a "White Hispanic".

Yet in many other crime stories, the race of the attackers is left unknown..
Mississippi State president: Student's shooting believed 'isolated incident' - CNN.com
Yes, a conservative website is claiming the twitter account belongs to him, just like they reported that the Facebook page belongs to him. So where is the confirmation that the twitter page is, indeed, his twitter?

Again, do you have a source for the photo that confirms that it is, indeed, the Trayon that was killed?

My point is that in the rush to paint this kid as some kind of ghetto thug, website after website is pulling whatever thuggish photo they can find, and saying it's him.

As for the other shooting, totally different circumstances. They do not even have a suspect in custody. Her killer was not found and then released.

Old 03-26-2012, 08:20 PM

812 posts, read 594,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
You're saying you're reading a lot of untrue comments, and then you post one.

Martin didn't go over to Zimmerman's car.

I'm going to assume you're a woman since you call yourself Valerie.

You're walking at night alone trying to get home and a strange man in a car(that is not a police car) is following you and coming after you, what are you going to do??????

Are you going to stop and do what they say?

Are you going to let that person do whatever they want to you?

Or you are you going to hit, kick, scratch, scream...whatever it takes.

Well what are you going to do??????
Like so many here sad u r making assumption, having visions, cant believe so many psychics and clairvoyants have gathered in one place. I do not know for sure if the current fox accounts will bare the final truth but the current reports are closer to the version I presented not the ones imagined here by the psychics.

Old 03-26-2012, 08:21 PM

2,904 posts, read 6,913,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
https://twitter.com/#!/No_Limit_*****

the link may not work because it includes a banned word n g g a, missing the 2nd letter

Again, they're pulling photos from any Facebook or Twitter they can find without verifying who the account belongs to.

Now... your source for the photo?
Looked at the account. His last tweet was Feb 24. His name is SLIMM. I think that's about as concrete as we're gonna get.

Old 03-26-2012, 08:21 PM

2,312 posts, read 3,663,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
FYI...the color of the Crips is blue not red. And that would make you wrong.

My bad...I was wrong it was the Bloods. Cant keep up with all those posers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.