Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 08:49 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,119,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
The boy looks very normal to me. I don't know why some folks are trying to portray him as some thug. I'm sure there maybe some pics out there that some may deem unflattering. Unfortunately this "thug" look is popular even with solidly middle class kids like Trayvon.
He doesn't even look like a thug in the recent pics. it seems white people think anything with "darkskin, baseball cap, and hoodie" equates to thug without looking at other factors. They act like he looks like Lil Wayne or something with a bunch of tattoos all over his face and body--now that is a truely thugged out look. but he doesn't look threatening at all.

Old 03-25-2012, 08:50 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,998,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Think about how much they pushed the candy angle.....it's no coincidence they were pushing the babyface pics ad nauseum. He should still be alive right now. If they were both alive right now to tell the story Trayvon Martin would most likely be on bail for assault. It's only right Zimmerman go through the proper process.
"Candy angle"?
Really?

Old 03-25-2012, 08:51 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,910,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
You must understand that black people don't age as quickly as you all do. We stay youthful looking for a very long time. We don't change that much over the years like you all do
He looks much older @ 17....just sayin

Old 03-25-2012, 08:52 PM

11,251 posts, read 11,022,956 times
I mean, really! What is the big deal here? Why such the hoopla?

If this was a:

black on black crime

white on white crime

hispanic on hispanic crime

black on white crime

Would there be an outrage? Probably not. The liberal media would sweep it under the rug like they do everything else that is not rating worthy. Obama would not have come out of the woodwork. Nobody would have cared less. I'm sure some other posters on this board have noticed this nonsense, but it is amazing nonetheless.

Yet, somehow, this case is occupying 4 or more threads on this board.

18,630 posts, read 19,416,507 times
Default It's official "White Hispanic" enters the media lexicon.

I think this is the first time I've come across the term in a reputable news service. I wonder if from here on out we will have qualifiers to Hispanic.

Joe Oliver, George Zimmerman's Friend, Defends Shooter In Trayvon Martin Case
Quote:
George Zimmerman cried for days in remorse after shooting dead a black Florida teenager, a family friend of Zimmerman said on Sunday, offering a sympathetic portrayal of the man at the focal point of a national uproar.

Zimmerman, 28, a white Hispanic, shot Trayvon Martin, 17, in what he said was self defense during an altercation in the gated community Zimmerman was watching on Feb. 26 in Sanford, Florida. After barely going noticed for weeks, the case has since galvanized the country and renewed a national discussion about race.

"He couldn't stop crying. He's a caring human being," Joe Oliver, 53, a former television news reporter and anchor in Orlando who has known Zimmerman for several years, told Reuters in a telephone interview.

Last edited by EdwardA; 03-25-2012 at 09:02 PM..

8,091 posts, read 5,910,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
"Candy angle"?
Really?
Yes the candy "angle"

Totally irrelevant....has NOTHING to do with what happened.

Old 03-25-2012, 08:53 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,119,687 times
Quote:
He looks much older @ 17....just sayin
He still looks really young though at 17.

Old 03-25-2012, 08:54 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,375,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
The boy looks very normal to me. I don't know why some folks are trying to portray him as some thug. I'm sure there maybe some pics out there that some may deem unflattering. Unfortunately this "thug" look is popular even with solidly middle class kids like Trayvon.
You know what gets me about the whole "hoodie and baggy pants" thing...on black kids its gangsta or thug but on other kids it makes them look like a "slacker". Neither is a compliment but they certainly conjure different ideas.

Old 03-25-2012, 08:55 PM

2,904 posts, read 6,916,294 times
All around ****ty situations, and it sucks the guy got killed. But it's painfully obvious that the media has a vested interest here. By showing an old photo, never failing to mention the races of the respective parties, etc, the media is increasing outrage. And outrage=more revenues. The fact that this horrible event is going to make some fat cats rich is beyond disgusting.

There should be enough outrage based on the facts, and without the need for propaganda.

Old 03-25-2012, 08:55 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,998,001 times
Quote:
Yes the candy "angle"

Totally irrelevant....has NOTHING to do with what happened.
Funny, I've been watching this since the day it happened, I am about 50 miles away from Sanford.
Are you watching something that says Martin wasnt eating Skittles and carrying an ice tea?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies