Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 10:52 AM

3,052 posts, read 4,303,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
A Dispatcher is an "authority?"
There are two meanings of 'authority', I'm assuming you're referring to the one that has an authority as a member of law enforcement.

However, an authority is simply someone who is trained to instruct others how to act in particular circumstance. In this case it was the dispatcher.

It still goes back to the fact that you cannot follow someone, engage them in a struggle, shoot them and claim self defense.

Old 03-27-2012, 10:53 AM

1,081 posts, read 915,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Why paint all Blacks with a broad brush? Your post is disgusting!

95% then. Ignore it, it will go away haha

Old 03-27-2012, 10:53 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,206,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
There are two meanings of 'authority', I'm assuming you're referring to the one that has an authority as a member of law enforcement.

However, an authority is simply someone who is trained to instruct others how to act in particular circumstance. In this case it was the dispatcher.

It still goes back to the fact that you cannot follow someone, engage them in a struggle, shoot them and claim self defense.

Wrong again....

Can you help me with this math here?

Those who claim Zimmerman pursued and confronted Martin must overcome a mountain of evidence. From the time Zimmerman says "He [Martin] is running" to the 911 operator and exits the truck, the call continues for another 2 minutes. There is an additional minute between the end of the 911 call and the beginning of the confrontation.

During those 3 minutes, a person at a normal walk would move 800 feet. At a brisk walk (5 mph), they would move 1300 feet. Since the confrontation occurred maybe 100 feet from Zimmerman's truck, it's clear that Martin didn't even continue walking away at a slow pace. He either hid nearby or doubled back to confront Zimmerman. But in either case, his GF's affidavit is proven false.

But the location DOES closely match Zimmerman's statement to the police. You can hear him exit the truck and either wind or breathing starting at 2:15 of the 911 call. We can presume he is following Martin (who has a head start) at a brisk pace. After the 911 guy says he they don't need him to follow, you can hear the wind or breathing stop at 2:40. 20-25 seconds at a 8 mph trot moves him 250-300 feet. Returning at a slow walk after the exertion for 1 minute at 2 mph after the 911 call ends puts Zimmerman 70-120 feet from the truck - pretty much where the fight happened.

Zimmerman's police statement is supported by the physical evidence as to location.

Old 03-27-2012, 10:54 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,408,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Which I think is admirable and entirely the right thing. What about you?
He had a good father about all accounts. Every interview I've seen with the family he's been there. Frankly that's a rarity in these types of stories.

I took Courtlan Milloy of the Washington Post for suggesting otherwise.

1,489 posts, read 3,087,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
I hope I'm not neighbors with any of you crazed lunatics.

If you're worried about "crazed lunatics" and armed individuals why are you in Brooklyn again?

Someone can have a CW legally and question someone. There is nothing wrong with this. You don't have to put your gun away prior to asking someone a question, especially if they are suspicious for whatever reason.

If I see someone walk out of my neighbors backyard, and this person doesn't live there, I can't ask them who they are or what they are doing? Or would you only allow this if I wasn't armed.

32,084 posts, read 34,672,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
My error, but the entry wound will in the autopsy. If Zimmerman was far enough away from Trayvon when he shot him to use the gun as a threat as opposed killing him with it, that does not bode well for Zimmerman.
Good point.

4,520 posts, read 4,207,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
Really grasping here .... here let me educate you yet again

The PF-9 is a semi-automatic, locked breech pistol, chambered for the 9mm Luger cartridge. It has been developed from our highly successful P-11 and P-3AT pistols with maximum concealability in mind. The PF-9 has a single stack magazine holding 7 rounds. It is one of the lightest and flattest 9 mm ever made. Firing mechanism is Double-Action Only with an automatic hammer block safety. The PF-9 is available in blued, parkerized, and hard chrome finishes. Grips are in black, grey, and olive drab.

Animation of Kel Tec PF 9 Pistol Function - YouTube

Not grasping. Just asking a question. Now I know. Calm down.

9,961 posts, read 17,512,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyBaaBaa View Post
I'd be suspicious if a strange kid was outside my house that late. The left wants everybody to lock their doors, hide, and pray the bad man goes away.
It doesn't work like that. Its ok to be sispicious, especially with all the stuff going on these days.
I'd be extra suspicious if I saw a black kid on my block.
So a black kid can't walk to the store from a house he's staying in at the not-so-late hour of 7PM?

Sanford is 30% black, so I'm sure that there's plenty of black people walking around that town on a daily basis.

What year is it for some of you people--1955? We've abolished most of the sundown laws, folks...

Old 03-27-2012, 10:56 AM

3,052 posts, read 4,303,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
There also seem to be hordes of people ready to convict him in the court of public opinion. That speaks volumes as well, no?
Well yeah, as they should seeing....

A. Zimmerman had a known violent criminal history.

B. He was a habitual 911 caller...who could be heard ranting about a******* and accusing some random kid walking home from the store he was pursuing of drug use.

Old 03-27-2012, 10:56 AM

1,081 posts, read 915,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
They do in a sense that they lend credence to the initial observation Zimmerman had of Trayvon. If Trayvon has been caught once with narcotics. This would suggest he uses drugs. Zimmerman said he "looked high".

He was also found at school with "burglary tools" again this would lend credence to the view of Zimmerman's that he appeared to be acting strangle as if peering through windows. Also if Trayvon is a drug user how do you think he funds his habit? There's no mention of a job.

Their have been a rash of burglaries in the gated community. The fact that it's gated would suggest that insiders maybe involved. I know this first hand many times middle-class African Americans have lower class criminal relatives and friends my hunch is that the burglars would fall into this group.
Good post. The kid was suspected to be a dealer from what I read, the family scrambled to shut down his facebook and myspace accounts, even before the put a patent on his name.
For all we know, the kid was spaced out on PCP.
His parents should have never let him out at that hour anyway.
Nothing good happens after midnight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies