U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 10:56 AM

1,082 posts, read 391,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
They do in a sense that they lend credence to the initial observation Zimmerman had of Trayvon. If Trayvon has been caught once with narcotics. This would suggest he uses drugs. Zimmerman said he "looked high".

He was also found at school with "burglary tools" again this would lend credence to the view of Zimmerman's that he appeared to be acting strangle as if peering through windows. Also if Trayvon is a drug user how do you think he funds his habit? There's no mention of a job.

Their have been a rash of burglaries in the gated community. The fact that it's gated would suggest that insiders maybe involved. I know this first hand many times middle-class African Americans have lower class criminal relatives and friends my hunch is that the burglars would fall into this group.
Good post. The kid was suspected to be a dealer from what I read, the family scrambled to shut down his facebook and myspace accounts, even before the put a patent on his name.
For all we know, the kid was spaced out on PCP.
His parents should have never let him out at that hour anyway.
Nothing good happens after midnight.

Old 03-27-2012, 10:58 AM

19,818 posts, read 12,175,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWatson13 View Post
I wish, I'm not a stay at home 28 year old with mommy and daddy that can do neighborhood patrol since I am doing apparently nothing with my life.
Well you obviously have sometime on your hands.

Old 03-27-2012, 10:58 AM

872 posts, read 1,203,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
So a black kid can't walk to the store from a house he's staying in at the not-so-late hour of 7PM?

Sanford is 30% black, so I'm sure that there's plenty of black people walking around that town.

What year is it for some of you people--1955? We've abolished most of the sundown laws, folks...
How many of that 30% live in the gated community. Maybe only a few residents were black. Maybe Zimmerman knew all the black residents but didn't recognize Martin. That leads concern to be suspicious. Nothing wrong with that. Especially if there have been robberies. My friend is Asian and he lives in a court with just Asian folks..if he saw a white guy walking around his block he might look twice and wonder what that person is doing here.

Old 03-27-2012, 10:59 AM

14,294 posts, read 4,828,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Can George Zimmerman Get a Fair Trial? - Wendy Kaminer - National - The Atlantic

As millions of people rally online and thousands march in the streets demanding justice for Trayvon Martin, the state or federal prosecution of George Zimmerman seems increasingly likely. But ... as millions of people rally online and thousands march in the streets, Zimmerman's prospects for a fair trial seem increasingly unlikely.

Not in Sanford, he can't.

Old 03-27-2012, 10:59 AM

68,624 posts, read 57,303,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyBaaBaa View Post
Good post. The kid was suspected to be a dealer from what I read, the family scrambled to shut down his facebook and myspace accounts, even before the put a patent on his name.
Jeez, when my kids were 17 they were frequently seen in public at 7 PM. Sometimes even later than that!

Old 03-27-2012, 11:00 AM

6,175 posts, read 3,511,218 times
you can already tell they hate blacks,
so why argue with them?

lol..

6,887 posts, read 4,726,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
I question how Zimmerman was able to chamber the gun and pull the trigger with Trayvon on top of him, or maybe it was already chambered.

Your ability to do massive damage to someone doesn't directly correlate to anyone elses ability to do the same damage. People move, people block, some can fight, some can't.
EXACTLY! No zimmerman defenders answering this one.

3,056 posts, read 1,330,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post

Those who claim Zimmerman pursued and confronted Martin must overcome a mountain of evidence.
A mountain of evidence like his own statement?

Old 03-27-2012, 11:02 AM

9,663 posts, read 6,716,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyBaaBaa View Post
Can you read? It was at 7:00-7:30 PM when it took place.

No, Trayvon Martin was not on PCP or any other drug as he was tested by police for drugs or alcohol after he was shot and killed. No one has ever charged him with dealing drugs.

Perhaps Zimmerman was a predator pedophile deviant hopped up on amyl nitrates and Jolt Cola--I don't have any proof of this, but you don't have any proof he wasn't. That's how stupid your post is.

Old 03-27-2012, 11:02 AM

3,056 posts, read 1,330,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
I question how Zimmerman was able to chamber the gun and pull the trigger with Trayvon on top of him, or maybe it was already chambered.
I can't wait for this all to be dragged out in front of a grand jury.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies