Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 12:38 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,197,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
Anything necessary to say your life. Who says Martin wasn't trying to kill him when they were fighting the grass, and he was reaching for Zimmermans gun.
If Trayvon was strong enough to keep Zimmerman pinned, how did Zimmerman overpower him to get the gun first? How was he able to reach for it in his holster?

11,186 posts, read 6,473,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unbreakable View Post
[snip]Also get the story on his suspensions straight! He was ACCUSED of spraying graffiti on a locker and when a security guard searched his backpack he found NO EVIDENCE of any paint or anything, but instead a strew driver and some lady's earrings (could have been his girlfriends) and which administration claimed that they were Bulgar tools.

[snip]
The school security knew tm, recognized him from security video, and the school suspended him and 2 other students for the graffiti. This isn't really important for the shooting, so why try to deny it happened. Next you'll be arguing that if we look carefully at pics of tm we'll see a halo.

23,838 posts, read 23,056,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unbreakable View Post
In other words a person who knows who is MUCH MORE QUALIFIED in how to handle these situations told his fat overzealous ass to stay put because the REAL POLICE WERE ON THERE WAY! He couldn't resist though, he had to try and be superman and harass the teen. Point blank if he would have stayed put LIKE HE WAS TOLD then the kid would still be alive today!
You're not qualified to make these statements. Why? Because you don't know what conversation actually transpired. Therefore, making claims that he "harrassed" Travyon Martin is pure speculation with no evidence to back it up.

You should go join the Al Sharpton rally. You'd fit right in with the 1000's of others who don't have a clue about what actually transpired. Thinking you know what happened doesn't make it a fact.

61,289 posts, read 87,176,206 times
read the posts, i am pleased that the people for the most part dont buy into nbpp, of course. by comparison, what worries me is that publically, muslims denounce terrorism, but not privately.

9,961 posts, read 17,458,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
I think the ballistic and forensic evidence will complete much of the story here. If he shot Martin from a distance of 6 or 7 feet, I think a jury could conclude that it was virtually impossible that Zimmerman acted out of self-defense.
That's a good point. Although don't count on the Sanford PD to provide any help with that one. They apparently decided this was a closed case the night of the shooting--until weeks later after Martin's family raised concerns and this story hit the national media.

6,032 posts, read 9,180,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
Last night I was on the train coming home from work, and some toothless, long haired guy started randomly yelling, ranting in favor of Zimmerman and against the "mongrel hordes".

I told him to be quiet and he called me an animal, a mongrel, and a c***. To my face. I've never been talked to like that in my life.

The highly ironic fact is though, he was standing in that car ranting about black people in a train car full of ghetto black people with their pants hanging down, they were just shaking their heads and telling me, "Chill ma, chill."

I cried for an hour and a half after that.

I live in New York City. This was on the 2 train going into Brooklyn, of all places.

Until this past week honestly, I never gave race more than two passing thoughts. Maybe I'm naive as all heck.
I think you encountered one of NYC's crazy homeless people. That shouldn't be all that uncommon an encounter in New York.

Do you think you would be justified in assaulting him? Or any of the guys on the train?

No , he had a right to say whatever without being attacked.

Old 03-27-2012, 12:39 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,092,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWatson13 View Post
Curious here. Was 28 year old Zimmerman visiting like Martin or was he a 28 year old living with mommy and daddy? Did he have a job? Was he enrolled in school? He is 28, what was he doing with his life?

He seems to be able to know how to carry a gun and kill people. Did he live at home at 28? Was he the home owner? If he was on the neighborhood watch how was that possible if he wasn't he home owner?

I hate to say this but if Martin was 28 living at home he would have been called a bum and every welfare name in the book.

Seeking to understand here and maybe someone can answer these questions.

Did 28 year old gun toting Zimmerman
1. Live at home?
2. Have a job?
3. Enrolled in school?
Oh how naughty of you to imply anything bad about the racist's hero!!!!

HIS background doesn't count, doncha know, ONLY the BLACK VICTIM'S background matters because he forced the shooter to shoot him....

I do have more questions like

What was Zimmerman The Loser wearing?

Was he dressed like a killer or a victim???

Slightly off topic, does wearing Hilfigger imply victim or killer???

Ralph Lauren??

Old 03-27-2012, 12:39 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,329,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
Yes... you can clearly hear him exiting his vehicle in the 911 call, then breathing heavy as he follows, then when dispatch instructs him, he begins walking back, no longer breathing heavily.....

The timeframe is all on the tape. You can listen yourself, just search for the recording.
And from the tape you were able to determine how fast they were moving and how far they went? Wow...I need to listen to that tape again

Old 03-27-2012, 12:40 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,197,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
Yes... you can clearly hear him exiting his vehicle in the 911 call, then breathing heavy as he follows, then when dispatch instructs him, he begins walking back, no longer breathing heavily.....

The timeframe is all on the tape. You can listen yourself, just search for the recording.
LOL...so your breathing is heavy when you are following someone and then returns to normal when you turn away and change your mind?

By your logic, I can run on a treadmill and as soon as I step off, my breathing will return to normal.

Yikes!

Old 03-27-2012, 12:41 PM

6,032 posts, read 9,180,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
And from the tape you were able to determine how fast they were moving and how far they went? Wow...I need to listen to that tape again
HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF THE AVERAGE SPEED A HUMAN WALKS? It is clearly stated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies