Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 10:29 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,099,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
What do they charge him with, or is the new law to detain people w/o charges, until we can find evidence of some crime to charge them with?
The head homicide detective was not convinced of Zimmerman's account of what occurred and did feel he should have been arrested.

Trayvon Martin Investigator Wanted to Charge George Zimmerman With Manslaughter - ABC News

Old 03-28-2012, 10:30 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,304,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Smack yourself a little harder because the fact is, he WAS detained.

And two, why do you keep insisting that Zimmerman should turn himself in? For what? There are no warrants, he's not being charged and the police, to my knowledge, aren't seeking him for additional questioning.
The same reason that some of you claim that the media is making him look guilty. I will repeat (for the hard of reading) being detained for a couple of hours is a hell of alot different than being detained until a proper investigestion is conducted. No he does not HAVE to, but if he really feels that he is innocent and actually cares that this can blow up he would voluntarily turn himself him until the trial.

Old 03-28-2012, 10:30 AM

17,257 posts, read 14,553,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
If these officers were disciplined for beating a innocent youn man why can't zimmerman be detained for killing one
Uh, because you don't get to make up your own rules for how you think investigations work.

Old 03-28-2012, 10:32 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,774,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
You know that I'm being selective in what I'm reading? lol. I don't have all the facts, neither do you. You're assuming, I'm not. I don't rule out any possibilities. If TM pursued Zimmerman, was attacking him and not letting up, and there was a true threat to Zimmerman's life, then TM was NOT a victim. Many people, including myself, think that there's something more to the story. I want to know what it is before I pass judgement. If Zimmerman shot TM when he didn't need to, then lock his ass up and throw away the key. I'm not defending or condemning anyone until I know what actually happened that night.
99% of the posts on this thread and other threads are speculation. The eye witness accounts are inconsistent and fractured because no one saw it from beginning to end. You're not passing judgement? You already have a scenerio in your head.

Are you overlooking the fact that TM was on the phone with his gf, he tells her some guy is following him, she tells him to run, he says he won't run just walk faster, and then she hear's him ask someone: why are you following me?

Old 03-28-2012, 10:33 AM

Quote:
The same reason that some of you claim that the media is making him look guilty. I will repeat (for the hard of reading) being detained for a couple of hours is a hell of alot different than being detained until a proper investigestion is conducted. No he does not HAVE to, but if he really feels that he is innocent and actually cares that this can blow up he would voluntarily turn himself him until the trial.
Different post, but you get the same response:

Quote:
Uh, because you don't get to make up your own rules for how you think investigations work.

Old 03-28-2012, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I beleive in saying what i believe to be truth. If whites acted in this way and they have plenty of times, they are wrong too.

Because of one incident, you do not have to act like the fools you are, to get a point across. We get it, believe me we get it.

But acting like fools, also sends a message.

What you mean like this:
Images of pictures of a lynching

I noticed that the whites there are all calm and collective, I wonder if the blacks even had a chance to defend themselves or even make it to the jail before this happened

Old 03-28-2012, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Different post, but you get the same response:
What I stated was a suggestion, which would have prevented the marches and protest and not a rule

Old 03-28-2012, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Riiight, so I guess that you understand why blacks are rightfully upset

Old 03-28-2012, 10:37 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,774,410 times
Quote:
if he really feels that he is innocent and actually cares that this can blow up he would voluntarily turn himself him until the trial.
Or, at the very least, make a statement himself. It doesn't have to be a live statement. He can send a video to a news station. Not have his friend and lawyer (who has yet to met him or, according to him, knows where GZ is) serve as his messenger.

Old 03-28-2012, 10:38 AM

Quote:
What I stated was a suggestion, which would have prevented the marches and protest and not a rule
So, the police are supposed to use taxpayer funds to shelter and protect someone who's not being charged with any crime?

Yeah, that's a great idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies