Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 10:38 AM

2,441 posts, read 3,423,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1
I am on the side of Zimmerman? Care to point out which in context statement I made about that?
I think I get it: So now its white folks who are assumed oppressed underdogs, turning tables and playing victim's advocate, guilty or not, because presumably that's what black people did about O.J Simpson, and other black guys who apparently invented crime in America, as if two wrongs add up to right.

Ok then I will toss the ball back and declare that it is fine that many black people were on O.J's side, and yes we did and will vote for Barack Obama just because he happens to be a brotha, qualified citizen or not. At least now we are on the same page as all the other illogical morons. Lol

Old 03-28-2012, 10:39 AM

2,010 posts, read 2,367,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
You already have a scenerio in your head.
And where did that scenario come from? Zimmerman's statement maybe? I have said this before that if, IF IF IF IF IF Zimmerman's statement is true, then TM is not a victim. If Zimmerman is lying, then TM is the victim. Make sense now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Are you overlooking the fact that TM was on the phone with his gf, he tells her some guy is following him, she tells him to run, he says he won't run just walk faster, and then she hear's him ask someone: why are you following me?
Her account is as much of a "fact" as Zimmerman's statement. One of them is lying. I don't presume to know which one.

Old 03-28-2012, 10:40 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,293,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
What do they charge him with, or is the new law to detain people w/o charges, until we can find evidence of some crime to charge them with?
Actually you can charge him with discharging a firearm in a residential area, possible manslaughter, assualt I'm sure that the police dept can "find" something like they do with young males that they don't like

Old 03-28-2012, 10:40 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,344,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
And so what if someone else will, the mother of this child should not profit from her son's death, that's absolutley morbid.
Guess you missed all the books, tv shows, movies, etc from other parents who have lost their children.

I'll wait to see what the money is used for before I say it's "absolutely morbid"

As far as the hoodie sales go...I have a 2008 Obama Hoodie...it's off-white and just says Obama 2008 in red, white and blue letters...if I can find it I'll post a pic of me wearing it.

Old 03-28-2012, 10:41 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,519,867 times
Quote:
So how can you condemn people for thinking that all blacks are a certain way and in the same breath turn around and say that everyone in the Tea party is a racist?
Easy tea party members had a choice You cant compare a group formed out of hate to a race of people. Why is it so important to the right/tea party of this Country that zimmerman get away with this? Why are they angry that people are asking for justice? Lets face it some one like Trayvon according to the right/tea party doesnt deserve justice. What ever is done to him he deserved right?

Its this attitude all over again

Birmingham 1963 - YouTube

Old 03-28-2012, 10:42 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,769,906 times
Quote:
Her account is as much of a "fact" as Zimmerman's statement. One of them is lying. I don't presume to know which one.
If I had to put my money on who is lying it would be GZ. After all, he was the one with the gun and pulled the trigger. She has nothing to gain, he has everything to lose.

Old 03-28-2012, 10:44 AM

2,010 posts, read 2,367,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Guess you missed all the books, tv shows, movies, etc from other parents who have lost their children.

I'll wait to see what the money is used for before I say it's "absolutely morbid"
Did you miss this post?

Quote:
Well on that front I stand corrected, never heard of such a thing until this case. Learn something new everyday.

Old 03-28-2012, 10:44 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,293,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
So, the police are supposed to use taxpayer funds to shelter and protect someone who's not being charged with any crime?

Yeah, that's a great idea.

Tell that to the folks down on the other side of Cuba. It is done all of the time, just apparently selective of when they apply it

Old 03-28-2012, 10:45 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,080,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Uh, because you don't get to make up your own rules for how you think investigations work.
Considering the fact that the head homicide detective was not satisfied with not arresting Zimmerman along with the obvious slipshod treatment of a crime scene, every citizen in this country should be angry about how this case was handled. Due process of law is what will either exonerate Zimmerman or bring him to trial. The due process of law was not adhered to by the Sanford PD.

Old 03-28-2012, 10:45 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,519,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Zimmerman looks like a Mexican to me. Do you think anyone in Utah could claim him as a third cousin? So I have no idea what dope you are on. Maybe Asians all look the same to you. Who knows?

It has nothing to do with it. Its the media trial that irks me. Its a lynch mob. I just finished watching a media lynching go wrong and the political hay that some people are trying to make out of is not making me happy. Lots of people die every day for really stupid reasons and not a peep, so we are not saving any lives here. On the other hand we have lots of potential for reactionary violence.
Yeah and I'm sure these same people were glad to see justice work when OJ was acquitted. These same people couldn't believe that Ron Brown got money from a man not convicted of a crime. Its so obvious why the right/tea party is doing all it can to let zimmerman get away with this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.