Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 12:15 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,814,161 times

Advertisements

Being CANADIAN....the day after...OBAMA...got in--I was in a rough part of town...and this drunken black fellow with scars all over his face..approached me..and stuck his face in mine...and with a threatening voice whispered "Obama"....as if retribution and revenge were about to fall on me...I was shocked///I am a good guy...YES - I believe since the election of Obama...the bitter less informed black population believed it was pay back time...Meanwhile Obama is NOT concerned about justice for blacks..which is ironic....most don't get it...Obama does not identify himself as black.

Old 03-28-2012, 12:18 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,528,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Hmmm, ok lets look at it this way. Im going home from the store and some stange guy starts following me, I call my girlfriend and she tells me to run, I being a young black male in a strange community thinks differently. The man approaches me with no badge or identification (rathe r he questioned him or not is unclear) and brandishes a weapon. I scream for help and (possibly) try to defend myself from this unknown attacker and in the melee I get shot.

Now I ask you, during this confrontation exactly who is the antagonist? The person that is questioned by an unknown person or the person with no authority to stop anyone?
Forget it. Those facts do not matter to people for whom this is a big middle finger to black men in America. It has been explained over and over and you still get that Trayvon deserved to die for walking and not bowing his head and answering zimmermans questions.

Old 03-28-2012, 12:21 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Found out today that Zimmermans Daddy was a former Magestrate Judge in Florida. Wonder if this had anything to do with the quick decision by the DA not to persuit any charges.
My, you're late to the game. This has been a question people are pondering for a couple of days now. It certainly does shed a new light on some things.

George Zimmerman, Son of a Retired Judge, Has 3 Closed Arrests

George Zimmerman, Son of a Retired Judge, Has 3 Closed Arrests | Rolling Out - Black News, Celebrity Videos, Entertainment, Business & Politics

Old 03-28-2012, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
Your rabid hatred for conservatives is blinding you from logic. No matter how many times you repeat a lie, it's still a lie. Yes, there are some racists around, but most people just want to see a trial by jury, not a trial by the media and public opinion who base their verdict on limited information.
A trial? He has not even been arrested. Trial.......dont talk about trial......are you kidding me?..........trial........

Cant even get a damn Florida LEO to ride by his house

Old 03-28-2012, 12:23 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
i have followed these posts closely. i think i am learning something. the question. why do AA jump on armed people on the street? my SO suggested bek they are so afraid that the person with the weapon is going to go nuts and shoot them, they jump on them first.
this applies to cops, security, and to even neighborhood watch. the fact that they were selling dope or breaking into a car is not the issue. they are worried they are going to get shot.
does this sound right?
of course from the cop perspective, leaving your glock at home will not guarantee that the dope peddler on the corner will not beat u up when u ask him what is he doing.
how do we overcome this problem??. how do we avoid another zimmerman? please dont just post the solution is for the cops to just get lost or never carry any weapons.

i feel at times the AA community is asking PD to control and handle angry violent sometimes large & armed men without in anyway harming them or allowing anybody else to get harmed. they want PD to "do something" but what?

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 03-28-2012 at 12:40 PM..

Old 03-28-2012, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
My, you're late to the game. This has been a question people are pondering for a couple of days now. It certainly does shed a new light on some things.

George Zimmerman, Son of a Retired Judge, Has 3 Closed Arrests

George Zimmerman, Son of a Retired Judge, Has 3 Closed Arrests | Rolling Out - Black News, Celebrity Videos, Entertainment, Business & Politics
You wont get limbaugh or the right/tea party to talk about that I bet

Old 03-28-2012, 12:27 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,814,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Forget it. Those facts do not matter to people for whom this is a big middle finger to black men in America. It has been explained over and over and you still get that Trayvon deserved to die for walking and not bowing his head and answering zimmermans questions.
The kid was normal and well bred....I don't see why he should have bowed to Zimmerman who clearly showed himself as an inferior..through his actions and attitude...ZIMMERMAN...simply had horrifically bad judgement..

Old 03-28-2012, 12:27 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,314,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
no offense, but just HOW LONG do you think the POLICE can detain someone??? seriously... weeks, months?? They can't, that's the law. they have to let them go unless they have enough evidence to charge them..

No, not really the folks in Guantánamo Bay might think differently. Actually here is the answer:

[SIZE=3]How Long Can I Be Detained? | JKR Law | Los Angeles Criminal ...[/SIZE]

Now you tell me was there a reason for them to detain him? He was not there long enough forthem to do a drug and alchol test on him AND they gave a potentially dangerous man back his gun

Old 03-28-2012, 12:30 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,923,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
Or he was an idiot. Any fool who is that out of shape who tries to engage an able bodied young man in a foot pursuit probably also has no idea how to handle a handgun properly.
I'm trying to figure out why he had a concealed weapons permit in the first place. He's been arrested for Domestic Abuse, Felony Assault, and had a restraining order against him. I know this was over 5 years ago, but shouldn't previous charges for violence prevent someone from owning a gun, or least carrying one around with him?

In any case, he was violating the Neighborhood Watch rules. First of all, every report from day one, including the Police Chief's account, says that Zimmerman wasn't on patrol that evening when he first spotted Martin. For all we know he followed him all the way from 7-Eleven. His past 911 calls aren't just about crimes in that gated community. He's chased shoplifters, bad drivers, etc. Did he murder Trayvon Martin? I have no idea. However, something just isn't right with the man.

Old 03-28-2012, 12:37 PM

32,087 posts, read 34,676,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
It never occur to me that he could have pistol whopped him, I was thinking on the lines of shooting him in a no vital area (arm, leg shoulder) that would have stopped any assailant as well. It just seems to me that he really wanted to kill him, especailly at point blank range
Sure. If he was able to get the gun out of his waistband, point it at Martin, and fire, then he was surely able to take the gun and whack him in the teeth with it. I'm certain that would have ended the fight. Hitting someone in the mouth with a loaded gun is probably the equivalent of hitting them in the mouth with a hammer.

I think simply pointing the gun at Martin would have ended the fight. You draw the gun, point it at him, and then back up. Once the gun is drawn, and all Martin has is a bag of Skittles, what threat is he facing at that point? Again, there are only three men on earth who I'd be afraid of in that situation:

Bruce Lee

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...uceLeecard.jpg

Bob Sapp

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ABP...2004179102.jpg

Zangief

http://starsmedia.ign.com/stars/imag...oxart_160w.jpg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies