Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 04:29 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
I think you're just trying to be outrageously offensive. It's really quite sad. I hope you aren't a parent.

I am a parent. I have two college age children and the last one in high school. They are very successful, as they have been raised properly. None of them carried weapons to school, were expelled for using pot, nor assaulted other people.

Again, this is a classic case of bad parenting and a kid out of control. I am simply surprised that people are shocked at how his life ended. A tragic ending was pretty predictable for this kid.

Old 03-28-2012, 04:31 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
What he said!

She

Old 03-28-2012, 04:33 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
It's funny how parents who say this stuff change their tune when it happens to their own kid. I know some examples of same, and these people are not "bad" parents.

Of course. If they did nothing, they are, by definition, bad parents. Did it ever occur to you that sometimes enforcing discipline, which may work to a child's short term disadvantage, will probably help them long term?

Apparently you and I are from different parts of the country and are from different socio-economic classes. This kind of behavior is simply not tolerated and those with an inclination for repeatedly "testing the rules" are sent to military academies where the rules are beaten into them.

Old 03-28-2012, 04:34 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
What ever happened to "let the police handle it". No wonder no one gets involved when they see anything suspicious anymore. People don't even want to call the police when they see a crime being committed so they won't get caught up in the turmoil/mess. I don't blame them.

They are trying to make out that Zimmerman is a wacko because he made 40 or 60 reports to the police about a suspicious character in the neighborhood. Hey, the guy was a neighborhood watch captain, that is their job.

My hubby was in the neighborhood watch but we lived in a peaceful place and the most that happened were teens trashing things on the weekend. If we had lived in a bad area I would have told my hubby not to volunteer for anything.

IMO the police have enough evidence to exonerate Zimmerman from any wrong doing. After this is over though they will HAVE to arrest him just to keep people from rioting and killing innocent people that are caught in between and sparring property from being damaged in the millions.

Although, that may not stop the rioting either. The media need to stop rebel rousing for sure. Sharpten and Jackson live for these things.

Please elaborate. This might be the break that the Zimmerman attorney, who fled a TV interview so as not to be asked to answer any real questions, is waiting for. Thus far, there is nothing that is close to a thorough disclosure of a thorough investigation...but Zimmerman should already be exonerated...in your opinion.

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
31. The President makes a benign statement extending symapthy for Martin's family and says that
Trayvon could have been "his son." Anyone could say the same in light of the cause of death.

I disagree that this is a benign statement. Why not just express sympathy for the family and THEN call for order while the case is being investigated? For the public not to jump to conclusions. Oh that's right, Obama jumped to conclusions with the police in the Stanford case. That's his MO. He is continually campaigning. Never mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
I think people are just trying to show the "bad " side of Trayvon due to the media's attempt to show him as this sweet innocent angel and Zimmerman as this monster. T his could very well be the real image, or it can be the other way around, but the media is being WAY to bias and not up front. People want to even the playing field a bit by swapping roles that the media depicts. Media is obviously picking and choosing their pictures to create more of an outrage and get ratings.

Realistically though, it doesn't seem like Trayvon is a thug or anything much more than what most teenagers have been. The empty baggy arguement should be dropped, the old picture of Trayvon should be dropped, and his meager suspension should be dropped, and Zimmerman should also have a normal picture so that no one is coming to conclusions based on image, which obviously sways people one way or another.
The bad side? What does a teens misbehavior in school have to do with a wanna be cop apparently profiling him at an apartment complex. NO matter what good side or bad side there is. Zimmerman percipatated the entire nights event. These excuses are getting extremely old.

Old 03-28-2012, 04:35 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
there is a grand jury handling this.

I made note of that.

they will hear all of your presented "evidence" and more, including all the tapes and eyewitnesses.

I noted this as well.

people are killed all the time-and the wheels of justice often grind slow, and sometimes don't grind at all-and that has nothing to do with racism.

To have one's child lie dead in a morgue for three days as a John Doe even though he'd been identified is slow justice indeed.

it crosses all racial borders.

I believe we all understand that.

of course, we have a president who has now chosen to comment on 2 specific cases to stir it up-both of which involve black people, (hosting a beer summit on one of them)-- even though we have countless crimes every day in america, and broken-hearted families across america.

Yes, I noted that some would try to politicize this tragedy; it didn't take long. And #50 covered the fact that young people continue to die.

i will say that i don't see the point of discussing trayvon's history at all in relation to this case, because zimmerman had no idea who he was and therefore trayvon's history would have meant nothing to him and nothing to the incident.
Zimmerman apparently felt that a young Black man walking in the rain with his hood pulled up justified a 911 call. By all accounts, he called 911 frequently for miniscule reasons.

Old 03-28-2012, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I guess, in your mind, eye witnesses mean nothing? How about the 911 call as well? How about the physical evidence? You have simply made up your mind and have the luxury, in that case, of simply ignoring the facts.

It does not take being "clairvoyant" to understand what happened- it just takes an evaluation of the facts and common sense.

A thug died doing what thugs do. Take home message- don't commit crimes and perhaps you will not suffer consequences.

Are you referring to Zimmerman as a thug? Its funny how the victim who did NOT have a record is called a thug, but the person who pulled the trigger who actually has a record for assult is NOT.

Old 03-28-2012, 04:39 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
31. The President makes a benign statement extending symapthy for Martin's family and says that
Trayvon could have been "his son." Anyone could say the same in light of the cause of death.

I disagree that this is a benign statement. Why not just express sympathy for the family and THEN call for order while the case is being investigated? For the public not to jump to conclusions. Oh that's right, Obama jumped to conclusions with the police in the Stanford case. That's his MO. He is continually campaigning. Never mind.
The POTUS said nothing wrong.

Old 03-28-2012, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
If one of my kids was caught with a "baggie" with marijuana residue, they would have alot more to fear from me than the school system. What is this a symptom of? Bad parenting. However, Martin being a thug is also a reflection of bad parenting, so it makes sense. The "community" is not to blame for this tragedy- it is the parents and lack of discipline enforced at home.
Again funny, you call the VICTIM of this tragedy a thug, but the person who PULLED the trigger, who has a history of assults, you do not. Why is that?

You would think Zimmerman would know better considering his father was a former Judge, but then again, seeing how he skated on lesser charges previously, he doesn't believe the law applies to him. But Hey, he's NOT a thug in your eyes I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies