Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 05:29 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,014,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Apart from that, pretty much all that is known with certainty is that Zimmerman called the police to report a suspicious character in his neighborhood, and shortly thereafter he shot and killed Martin.
On the basis of little else, the media conjured a Hollywood script: A "white" man was "stalking" a little black kid -- who could be Obama's son! -- confronted him, beat him senseless as the small black child screamed for help, and finally shot the kid dead, "just because he was black."

Two weeks of nonstop hysteria later, it turns out that every part of that gripping plot is based on nothing that could be called a reasonable assumption, much less a fact.

Those of us who've been contributing to the various merged threads have had the opportunity to read the police report, listen to all of the 911 tapes and read the various witness reports...including the one woman who was pressed to change her statement by a Sanford PD officer because it
didn't square with Zimmerman's account. President Obama is bi-racial;
he likely would have responded the same if the victim had been white. I'm white, and Martin could have been my son as well. If you really want to get political about it, how about Nixon's declaring Charlie Manson guilty while the trial was in progress?

Nixon Calls Manson Guilty; Attorneys Move a Mistrial | News | The Harvard Crimson

Old 03-28-2012, 05:35 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,416,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Honestly, I find this shocking, because these are the same folks who come down hard on folks who are unemployed and/or on welfare. I'm shocked that they aren't coming down hard on a 28 year old able-bodied man being unemployed and living with his parents.

Add to that, his Dad being a judge who has gotten him off the hook multiple times.

I bet they're cringing as they write their pro-Zimmerman tripe.
I thought he worked. Where are you getting he's unemployed?

Old 03-28-2012, 05:37 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,416,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Those of us who've been contributing to the various merged threads have had the opportunity to read the police report, listen to all of the 911 tapes and read the various witness reports...including the one woman who was pressed to change her statement by a Sanford PD officer because it
didn't square with Zimmerman's account. President Obama is bi-racial;
he likely would have responded the same if the victim had been white. I'm white, and Martin could have been my son as well. If you really want to get political about it, how about Nixon's declaring Charlie Manson guilty while the trial was in progress?

Nixon Calls Manson Guilty; Attorneys Move a Mistrial | News | The Harvard Crimson
Can you please cite this I have contributed extensively to several threads and haven't come across someone changing their statement.

Old 03-28-2012, 05:41 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,695,782 times
So now we have the Surveillance video of John Wayne being brought in, no broken nose, no bruises or scars, no wet clothing. That and the fact that his advocate on tV hasn't seen him since two wweeks before the incident.

Old 03-28-2012, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Honestly, I find this shocking, because these are the same folks who come down hard on folks who are unemployed and/or on welfare. I'm shocked that they aren't coming down hard on a 28 year old able-bodied man being unemployed and living with his parents.

Add to that, his Dad being a judge who has gotten him off the hook multiple times.

I bet they're cringing as they write their pro-Zimmerman tripe.

They're blind to their own hypocrisy, ChocLot. Only God knows what it would take for them to realize that. It's hurting the country.

Old 03-28-2012, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
So now we have the Surveillance video of John Wayne being brought in, no broken nose, no bruises or scars, no wet clothing. That and the fact that his advocate on tV hasn't seen him since two wweeks before the incident.
Thanks, Boompa! Do you have a link to the video? Thought this had it.

Surveillance shows George Zimmerman night of shooting | News - Home

Old 03-28-2012, 05:47 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,371,876 times
Quote:
Of course, if Zimmerman had killed a white kid, these same folks would be labeling him an unemployed, illegal, lazy, violent thug. Funny how that works.
And if Zimmerman were black, it wouldn't have even made the news. The media, nor the outraged people on this forum would give a s#%t. Racial tension and division sells, violence in itself does not. It's sickening.

Old 03-28-2012, 06:03 PM

288 posts, read 283,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Will you come back and offer an apology after FBI voice analysis is performed and Zimmerman is identified as the person screaming?

Probably not.

Would you come back and offer an apology after the FBI voice analysis is performed and Martin is identified as the person screaming?

Probably not!

Old 03-28-2012, 06:05 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
And if Zimmerman were black, it wouldn't have even made the news. The media, nor the outraged people on this forum would give a s#%t. Racial tension and division sells, violence in itself does not. It's sickening.

Using the same rational, the media use fear and intrigue whenever a White female or Child goes missing, however the same attention is not given when a minority female or child goes missing.

Old 03-28-2012, 06:06 PM

665 posts, read 1,243,516 times
its looking like the cops lied on the police report.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies