Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 07:37 PM

488 posts, read 554,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
This video is irrelevant....it's new to you and me....but it has no bearing on the actual investigation. Why would it?
How is a video that depicts the physical condition of somebody who claims to have been assaulted irrelevant? I wouldn't say the video is the end all be all, but it's certainly not irrelevant. If he claims he was assaulted the police probably took pictures of any areas of his body he said he was injured. Perhaps those photographs will be released at some point and will help clairify what happened.

Old 03-28-2012, 07:38 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,918,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
I've seen someone with a broken nose, unfortunately, from the time it happened, to the ER, to home.

Even after being cleaned up at the ER, his nose swelled up immediately and the blood started pooling under his eyes right away... you'd be able to tell that in the video if it was the case.

And what about the supposed gash on his head that almost required stitches? Even if he was cleaned up, there would definitely be at least a bandage.
Bingo, his clothes also don't have any rips or tears like you would expect if someone was on the ground getting beaten. I have seen people look worse before their first cup of coffee in the morning. Zimmerman is lying and the cops helped him coverrup the crime.

Old 03-28-2012, 07:38 PM

1,182 posts, read 1,139,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
IF Zimmerman is guilty; he needs to be punished. It won't be murder 1 though; manslaughter at most.
It could be manslaughter or it could be 2nd degree homocide. I could see it going either way. In Florida it doesn't matter as both carry up to 30 years and I suspect if Zimmerman is convicted he will end up with at least 1/2 that because of all the anger and public outcry about this. I think he knows he is going to probably be indicted and possibly charged with a Federal hate crime as well when they figure out if he said "goon" or "coon" on that 911 tape. That is why he has that stupid rent-a-negro out there on TV crusading for him until he credibility was shot to hell today by Lawrence O'Donnell.
Joe Oliver

Old 03-28-2012, 07:39 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Are you serious ? Really ? You want to see pictures of his body ?

The point is that if Trayvon was the agressor, she shouldn't have a bunch of bruised and scars, especially on the back of his head. Zimmerman said his head was repeatedly pounded in the concrete, yet he walked away without a scratch or bandaid and that is what you choose to focus on? One sentence from my post

Old 03-28-2012, 07:41 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,166,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
He's certainly not the 250lbs we keep hearing from the Trayvon defenders.
And the 5 year old picture of Trayvon doesn't paint an accurate picture either.

The one in the link below does.

Trayvon Martin case: He was suspended three times and caught with 'burglary tool' | Mail Online

Quote:
Trayvon suspended THREE times for 'drugs, truancy, graffiti and carrying burglary tool' and did he attack bus driver too? New picture emerges of victim as parents claim it's all a smear

Old 03-28-2012, 07:43 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,817,540 times
Some say that riots are a "necessary evil". Never has the use of evil ever brought about favorable results. The reason why blacks are no longer at the back of the bus was not through the use of violent mob rule. This progress took place due to one intelligent and brave woman, Rosa Parks.

The memory of this fine and brave woman is insulted by the suggestion of regression and the use of evil..Those that want violence are bored and useless bums...what should be addressed here is what makes people like Zimmerman tick...to explore the mind of this man and find out how to better educate the public...Personally...I firmly believe that evil is stupidity...Zimmerman seemed very stupid..this stupidity should be explored. The man must be examined and his lawyers must act for the greater good.

Old 03-28-2012, 07:43 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,850,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
The point is that if Trayvon was the agressor, she shouldn't have a bunch of bruised and scars, especially on the back of his head. Zimmerman said his head was repeatedly pounded in the concrete, yet he walked away without a scratch or bandaid and that is what you choose to focus on? One sentence from my post
Its ironic that your name has even the word facts in it... because all you offer is opinion and not very good ones at that... I have been in fights before and socked a few people in their heads that they started bleeding... after they got cleaned up, no bruises or scars... can you see a scar on a low resolution camera like the rest of your liberal squad? No? Amazing powers of deduction from the camera then... so amazing... amazingly............. well you get the point...

Old 03-28-2012, 07:44 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Huh? The Sanford Police Department and Zimmerman got together one night and decided that they would together kill a 17-year old kid... you liberals are smart... the investigation just started from scratch again? Huh? There isn't that much evidence to go over, you have to be the world stupidest person to not be able to go over the evidence in one day... they went over the evidence and it didn't show anything, now the they are going over the evidence into further detail to see if they missed anything... which means they don't have a thing... I think it is amazing that someone thinks they have better vision on a low resolution video camera AFTER leaving the investigation scene than a police officer AT the investigation scene with clear vision and line of sight... really you people only making yourself look more stupid... the PD had ZERO interest in Zimmerman than to lie for him... makes anyone saying otherwise to look real stupid...

I don't know where you ever got the impression that I believe that the murder of Trayvon Martin was a conspiracy that was premeditated by the Sanford PD and Zimmerman, the point is that they lied, covered and did NOT arrest him, despite all the holes in his story. The investigation did start from scratch.

Trayvon Martin killing investigation starts over - CBS News

Quote:
(CBS News) - The investigation into the killing of Trayvon Martin is essentially starting from scratch, with the new special prosecutor and a team of investigators quietly re-interviewing witnesses and examining evidence related to the unarmed teen's shooting death.
I think that only someone with an agenda would ignore the fact that Zimmerman doesn't even have a band-aid on the same night that he claimed his nose was broken and his head was bashed in to the ground. However I am not surprised by some of you. If this were the other way around, you would be on this like white on rice - no pun intended.

Old 03-28-2012, 07:45 PM

378 posts, read 704,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Wrong. Paramedics don't wash you up and launder your clothes. The report says that Trayvon was shot in the chest; had Zimmerman been close to him, clenched in a fight as he claimed, he'd be covered with
blood spatter. EMTs wipe the affected areas with Betadine solution which leaves distinctive orange areas, stitch you up and that's about it. No bandages? No blood? No wet clothing with obvious grass stains? This blows the whole narrative out of the water.
Exactly. EMTs don't clean you up to pristine conditions, they work on you to contain the injury.

Old 03-28-2012, 07:45 PM

2,904 posts, read 6,915,579 times
My defense of Zimmerman certainly is predicated on the statement that he was getting beaten up pretty badly. Who exactly made that statement about his injuries? We definitely need more info here, as a video like doesn't have a close-up shot of his face.

Zimmerman could very well turn up to be a murderer. Still, the media and people in general need to wait until all the facts come out before crucifying him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies