Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 08:45 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,479,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Do you bother to actually read the posts within a thread before you post your own contribution?
I do. But what if I didn't?

Quote:
If you did, you would know that b/b crime has been addressed, ad nauseum. Why do you persist in introducing this strawman argument?
I'm about to light up a cigarette in my living room right now. Is that OK with you?

The next time I submit a post -- I'll check with you first - to see if it's OK. I'll try my best from now on -- to reply in a way that doesn't upset you.

If Trayon had been white and the shooter Black -- Obama would have to find some other incident to take advantage of, in order to further divide the country and get his racist constituency passionate about voting for him in Nov.

Obama is nearly unlimited in his anecdotal opportunities to lie to the American people. And unusually lucky that so many Left Wing Americans are stupid enough to believe his fairy tales and vote for him.

Old 03-26-2012, 08:47 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,191,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post

In this case Zimmerman had a documented physical injury on the back of his head that was bleeding when he was "cuffed and stuffed", along with bleeding from his nose. It was also apparent from physical evidence that he was on his back on wet ground (grass stains and water on the BACK of his shirt.) Reports are that Martin was shot in the front of his body, not in the back, so he was facing the weapon when it discharged.

In no way am I condoning what happened, but based on Florida law if you are attacked and being pummeled without means of escape, in some cases deadly force is authorized even under law existing before stand your ground.
Trayvon was probably fighting for his life as Zimmerman pulled a gun on him after stalking him on his way home. Zimmerman was the aggressor, Trayvon wasn't following Zimmerman. Zimmerman had been told to back off and not follow or approach the kid, we now know as Trayvon. Zimmerman was not doing his job, obviously since the community asked him to move out following the incident. This kid did not have to die.
This being able to shoot someone that is hitting you back is BS. I guess there are a lot of cases where ppl get away w/ this?? You can stalk and aggressively confront someone, possibly physically and pull a gun and shoot them when they fight back??? Steps away from their Fathers house??? Sick

Old 03-26-2012, 08:47 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,107,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Just what higher level do you hold yourself that you can believe the eye witness, and I can't second guess the eye witness? It is not the justice system that gives any credibility (not credit) to an eye witness - that is determined by a jury.

Apparently you hold yourself high enough to judge people's intelligence and telling them when they look "ignorant". Now, that in my book is quite ignorant.
You should disavow yourself from speculating what happened on the night Trayvon Martin was killed. At a minimum, you should preface your posts with "This is my version of events, not a version of events taken from an official investigative perspective." Everyone who surmises that Zimmerman is guilty should do this. Otherwise passing off your opinion of how you think it actually went down while disregarding the eyewitness account makes you look like you're ready to skin Zimmerman alive without an ounce of care towards the real version of events.

Like I said, you should hold yourself to a higher standard than drooping to the level of those who let their emotions make this event into something it may very well not be.

Old 03-26-2012, 08:50 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,391,873 times
smh you must don't think president obama
has a right or you just get offended when
he tactically speaks out about racial issues.

Old 03-26-2012, 08:50 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,268,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
Roderick scott confronted 3 teenagers not one, and was arrested the night of the shooting. So the similarities are not really all that much the same.

Roderick Scott's Girlfriend Testifies in Manslaughter Case - YNN, Your News Now

Old 03-26-2012, 08:51 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,136,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperManGuy View Post
I always thought that the picture you see in the media is someone who look much younger than age 17. Then, I found out that the picture was taken at age 13! What? Don't they have more recent pictures? Has he not taken any pictures in the past 4 years? He is in high school! They take required pictures every year for the year book.

If the picture was at 16, it's understandable. If it's at age 15, it might still be understandable if that's the ONLY good and clear picture. But at age 14, it's getting rediculous. But at age 13??????

If they want to be bias and deceptive about, they might as well show a picture of him when he was a toddler.

http://www.slate.com/content/dam/sla...nail-small.jpg
Introducing the topic.

Amazing! 12-14 pages : off topic

Old 03-26-2012, 08:51 AM

994 posts, read 724,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
The problem I have with Zimmerman, well among others, is that the dispatcher for 911 told him not to pursue, and he made the decision to ignore him. Hiw can you argue self defense when you ran after the kid?
Running after the kid isn't asking to get assaulted by him. Your question is the same as blaming a rape victim because she wore a short skirt.

Old 03-26-2012, 08:53 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,116,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Clearly, we are not using "attack" in it's proper context here...
No we are. A citizen acted like a police officer. A police officer goes through countless hours of training. Zimmerman was a vigilante who attacked an innocent citizen.

Old 03-26-2012, 08:54 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,933,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Yea, we haven't seen a lot of stuff yet....

So pretty much all of it is speculation. I'm not sure what your point is. I am saying that the media is sensitizing this and nobody knows what happened. But there is a witness account, who also called 911, who saw Trayvon Martin ON TOP of Zimmerman beating him while Zimmerman screamed for help...

if you want to get serious about it...people don't even know how far he was pursued AFTER the 911 call. Some are saying he stalked him.... it could have been a few steps... Zimmerman COULD have followed orders for all we know...

It's reported Zimmermans account of him walking back to the truck and he was ambushed. Not sure if that is the witnesses account, but if it is....how does anybody know that Zimmerman wasn't walking back to his truck to go meet the police as instructed??

Trayvon Martin is dead, Zimmerman killed him, local PD totally screwed the investigation and the media is running absolutely wild with narrative. Those are the 4 things that are without a doubt set in stone.
The last sentence is my point. Speculation all over and what annoys me is that people are saying the guy witnessed "the whole thing". I don't have a dog in this fight other than that the cops screwed this up royally regardless of what happened.

Old 03-26-2012, 08:55 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,116,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
Trayvon was probably fighting for his life as Zimmerman pulled a gun on him after stalking him on his way home. Zimmerman was the aggressor, Trayvon wasn't following Zimmerman. Zimmerman had been told to back off and not follow or approach the kid, we now know as Trayvon. Zimmerman was not doing his job, obviously since the community asked him to move out following the incident. This kid did not have to die.
This being able to shoot someone that is hitting you back is BS. I guess there are a lot of cases where ppl get away w/ this?? You can stalk and aggressively confront someone, possibly physically and pull a gun and shoot them when they fight back??? Steps away from their Fathers house??? Sick
Re-Post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.