Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you wear the shirt?
Yes 15 25.00%
No 41 68.33%
Not sure 4 6.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 01:50 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,088,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Um no, because a crime is already being committed which led to the assailant getting stabbed. No self defense there. Let's be realistic. If Zimmerman pulled his gun FIRST and threatened Martin's life before anything else, that would not be self defense because his OWN actions caused someone to get killed. You could say that Zimmerman's actions are what killed Martin, which is true, but the actions of Martin caused the gun to come out. If he wouldn't have attacked Zimmerman, he'd still be alive most likely. It's a real tough call, let the law sort it out, not public opinion, the American public are mostly dumb and just believe whatever they read or hear on their nightly network news.

Did Martin in fact attack Zimmerman first, or is that what he is saying? Serious question, because at first it seemed unprovoked on Zimmerman's behalf, and now it seems the story has changed way after the fact.

Old 03-26-2012, 01:51 PM

6,793 posts, read 5,662,429 times
The VICTIM always gets tried in these types of cases. If you think any jury will simply say getting kicked out of school for drugs is 'no big deal' when these facts and others are brought to light, your fooling yourself. Remember it only takes one dumb azz on the jury to hang such cases and the more ammo you give the defense the more chances they find that dumb azz to fall for this stuff...

not good, not good at all.

Old 03-26-2012, 01:52 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Martin didn't know he had a gun. If he did, he is one stupid assed mofo!
So what is your point? Are you saying Zimmerman is lying or that he's not? Yesterday we heard that he was on his way back to his car and Martin struck him from behind. Why would he do that if he was running in the other direction (per Zimmerman's 911 tape)

The debate here is that Zimmerman now claims Martin grabbed his gun and that's why he had to shoot him. Before it was because he broke his nose. I bet soon we'll be hearing witnesses come forward who claim Zimmerman was helping Martin pick up some Skittles he dropped.

The young man ran away and Zimmerman went after him with a gun. Period. It's self defense when you are in your home, in your car or even on the sidewalk and someone confronts you in a manner that is threatening. As soon as Zimmerman told the police 911 operator "he's running" he lost his self defense claim. Hate crime? Maybe not. Premeditated murder? No. But Zimmerman made a very bad judgment call when he chased an unarmed teenager with a gun and he cannot simply walk away from this.

Old 03-26-2012, 01:52 PM

3,078 posts, read 4,375,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Too bad...he's not credible.

Zimmerman can say anything he wants to clear himself.
Trayvon is dead and cannot dispute anything.

I bet that original police report is getting a good, thorough editing job right now!
Zimmerman can say whatever he wants - and probably will. He has a history of lying to cover up his violent behavior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Again, the innocent black boy defense is severely marred by the revelation that the family/friends lied to the media about his suspension. In fact, the earliest known information about the suspension was that it was due to "tardiness." Unless there's been more than one suspension recently, then the parents and the media have willingly led us astray (lied) on the background of their son.
Please link to an article which shows that parents sayng that Trayvon was suspended for tardiness. As far as I know that information came from an English teacher. The school had refused comment.

Old 03-26-2012, 01:53 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,949,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
I agree, and that's why it's so pitiful that Obama has politicized this death.

And you don't know he was innocent. You just assume he was because he was unarmed. Your prejudice is obvious.

Not true. There was an eyewitness who has given a fairly detailed account.

You don't know that Martin was minding his own business. You don't know what Martin was doing.
If you believe that Obama has politicized it, how do you feel about every Republican candidate that made a comment about it? The same day that Obama made the comment, there were conservatives whining about him not making a comment. Obama can't please certain people and shouldn't bother to try because before they supported anything he did, they'd cut off a limb.

I suppose you think you are fair and objective. That is BS.You are being quite hypocritical for a person that has taken an obvious stance on this and clearly wants Zimmerman to get away with murder, but you DON'T KNOW either. Is there a sworn affidavit for this witness or just a report that they spoke with Fox News or the police? Why didn't the witness call 911? According to the witness, he said he went to call the police.

Also according to Zimmerman he was attacked from the back but then he also says Travon confronted him and asked him if he had a problem and when Zimmerman said "No", he said "you do now" and took him down with one punch. Sounds like that would've happened from the front. This also contradicts the story from his girlfriend who was on the phone. For someone who is telling people that they don't know, you sure are anxious to place all of your stock in one unkown witness and have no problem making assumptions that Trayvon was the aggressor and that Zimmerman is innocent.

I admit, I am biased as a human being and as mother. I do not think that a teenage boy walking back from the store with a bag of skittles and Arizone iced tea deserved to be killed by a self appointed neighborhood watch guy. What about you, I think I know where your bias comes from, but why don't you tell us?

Either way, the jury will decide, not you or I.

Old 03-26-2012, 01:53 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,338,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
I'm won't condemn Zimmerman until ALL of the information is made public. That said, the story keeps getting worse for those who wanted condemned Zimmerman from day one.
I will.

Trayvon was walking home. He committed no crime.

Nevertheless, Zimmerman chased Trayvon, and Trayvon, justifiably, was afraid of him. Anything that Trayvon did from that point on was in his own self-defense.

If Zimmerman had not been chasing this young man, none - NONE - of this would have happened.

Zimmerman, no matter his intentions, is responsible for Trayvon's death.

Old 03-26-2012, 01:54 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
The mayor does not speak for all black people. The mayor speaks for himself. Obama is the POTUS but it's clear by the comments made on this forum that not every American shares his opinions or beliefs...so why should the mayor represent all black people and their beliefs?

Your comments are offensive, justify if you want to.
The mayor has the obligation to caveat his thoughts.....preface them....with "this is my opinion only."

This is common nomenclature when holding public office. Did he do that?

If not, he was speaking in the capacity of Mayor of Philadelphia.

Old 03-26-2012, 01:55 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,341,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Mother Seeks Trayvon Martin Trademarks | The Smoking Gun

MARCH 26--The mother of Trayvon Martin has filed two applications to secure trademarks containing her late son’s name, records show.
Sabrina Fulton is seeking marks for the phrases “I Am Trayvon” and “Justice for Trayvon,” according to filings made last week with the United States Patent and Trademark Office.

Just curious, but I'm trying to figure out why one would do this.
I guarantee you that somebody (other than the family) is already profiting from the quotes that she's attempting to trademark. This should've been done by an attorney the second the story blew up.

Old 03-26-2012, 01:55 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,474,745 times
You know despite all of this, Zimmerman would still need to be charged if any of this would ever come out in trial. Unfortunately the local police department botched this investigation so bad that Zimmerman may never get charged. I mean the incident happened a month ago. i'm curious to see what the police have gathered from the potential crime scene. You have witnesses that reports conflict each others. You have a phone witness that say she heard the confrontation. Before he got shot. You have different people claiming who was the one yelling. Apparently, Zimmerman's broken nose was so bad it needed stitches and yet there is no evidence of him going to a hospital to handle that. Where is the evidence? Do the police have the gun? The blood soaked clothes? Bullet Trajectory? Blood Spatter analysis?

Old 03-26-2012, 01:56 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
Zimmerman can say whatever he wants - and probably will. He has a history of lying to cover up his violent behavior.

Please link to an article which shows that parents sayng that Trayvon was suspended for tardiness. As far as I know that information came from an English teacher. The school had refused comment.
Go back and look. 2 links.....plenty more where those came from. Whether the parents have been quoted or not is 100% irrelevant. They certainly didn't deny it, nor did they come forth with the marijuana revelation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies