Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2012, 06:59 PM

3,325 posts, read 3,170,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
90% of all the half asian half white people I have met look entirely Asian. Lol.

I have never met an Arab that I consider white. They can be in denial if they wish though. I have a pretty narrow opinion of what is white and I always find it highly amusing that so many brown people want to creep into the category.
Arabs are considered caucasian. Hell I consider them caucasian. They are just not of european origin. Perhaps you should reconsider your terms or perhaps lean some history.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2012, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Then Obama is white. His ethnicity is white . He was brought up in a white household .
Yet he identifies with the black community. I'm saying this if only because he "seems" to have chosen to live within a black community far from the shores of a very multi-cultural multi-racial culture in hawaii.

Old 03-27-2012, 07:04 PM

31,035 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbuskirk View Post
What's really sad to me here is that a lot of people are so focused on race. It's really sad. Children that are black and white deny their white side, and rarely vise versa. I am a white woman with bi racial children and I am raising them to be proud of both sides and love themselves. I myself by the way and comfortable in my white skin and would never claim to be something I'm not. I love all races and would never disrespect someone because of the color of their skin. WAKE UP AMERICA!!!!! You are way behind ;(
Actually, most of the Biracial people I know were raised by their White mothers. So it is really up to the mothers to raise them to be happy with both sides!

Old 03-27-2012, 07:08 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,336,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X14Freak View Post
I don't know about that. Blake Griffin, Shane Battier, Shaka Smart, Soledad O'Brien, and Jason Kidd are all half White and half Black and they don't really look Black to me. Vanessa Williams is supposedly "Black" but her European features are quite prominent. All the mixed White people I have met don't really look White but they don't really look like the non-White race either. In any case, the One Drop Rule is really really dumb.
Soledad is of almost entirely European extraction. The others you mention look like a somewhat even blend, but those are outliers when it comes to the appearance of mixed race people.

Old 03-27-2012, 07:09 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
1/2 this 1/2 that doess not matter to me, in the least. I have bi-racial friends, all black friends, asian friends, mexican friends, and friends from european background.
More importantly then a friend being half this or half that, i look to see what kind of person this person is, Are they sincere, and honest, trustworrthy, someone i could trust with confidence.
Are my inlaw sides, there are many bi-racial marriages. My sister inlaw's husband has a Father who is black, and Mother who was white white.

My nieces and nephews from that side, are so beautiful, the women are stunning to look at and the young men so very handsome, overly so. They are lighter then JLO a lot in color. They have mostly since i have know them, dated white or mexicans. MY niece thru marriage, just had the most beautiful baby, i sincerely mean this, and i have adult kids and grandkids. I never have seen such a beautiful babies, and i have seen many in my time. They my nieces and nephews do embrace both sides, without hesitation. But have never dated a black person.
I just think we need to start embracing who the person is, and not if they are half this or half that, but look for the good of the person, and all races have good, and they have the bad.

Old 03-27-2012, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Actually, most of the Biracial people I know were raised by their White mothers. So it is really up to the mothers to raise them to be happy with both sides!
The bi-racial children in the small community where I teach are being raised by white mothers as well. However, they're pretty much raising them as they were raised, like poor white kids. It's all very interesting.

Old 03-27-2012, 07:14 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,336,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
Arabs are considered caucasian. Hell I consider them caucasian. They are just not of european origin. Perhaps you should reconsider your terms or perhaps lean some history.
Um. No.

All the Arabs I know are shades and shades darker than me. Heck sone of them are as dark as sub Saharan Africans. Two people I know from Yemen come to mind. If they consider themselves white they must have sone serious self loathing issues. Same with all those Hispanics who are mostly of indigenous descent but mark white on the census. They are just trying to be something they are not. I wonder how many readers do this themselves.

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
Nope half Italian and half Peruvian = Latino 100%
And that my friend is why u don't jump on a Mexican with a shotgun

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
1/2 this 1/2 that doess not matter to me, in the least. I have bi-racial friends, all black friends, asian friends, mexican friends, and friends from european background.
More importantly then a friend being half this or half that, i look to see what kind of person this person is, Are they sincere, and honest, trustworrthy, someone i could trust with confidence.
Are my inlaw sides, there are many bi-racial marriages. My sister inlaw's husband has a Father who is black, and Mother who was white white.

My nieces and nephews from that side, are so beautiful, the women are stunning to look at and the young men so very handsome, overly so. They are lighter then JLO a lot in color. They have mostly since i have know them, dated white or mexicans. MY niece thru marriage, just had the most beautiful baby, i sincerely mean this, and i have adult kids and grandkids. I never have seen such a beautiful babies, and i have seen many in my time. They my nieces and nephews do embrace both sides, without hesitation. But have never dated a black person.
I just think we need to start embracing who the person is, and not if they are half this or half that, but look for the good of the person, and all races have good, and they have the bad.
when I was young I thought we could overcome the race issue in this country. I now believe we were wrong. Race has been institutionalized now. We'll have racial problems from now on. I'm not sure where this leaves our bi-racial bretheran in the future. It'll be interesting if nothing else.

Old 03-27-2012, 07:17 PM

26 posts, read 35,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
This is true and yet every mixed person I know refuses to achknowledge their white side, it's seems to be more of an ashamed attitude to be white kind of thing. Sad for the white parent that raised them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies