U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 10:11 AM

3,397 posts, read 2,649,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
You know, blacks always reffer back to white trailer trash for comparison to ghetto blacks, but when do you ever see trailer trash rioting, making mad dash for sec 8 housing or tennnis shoes. They seem to live quietly in their poor rural area and interact among themselves without bothering anyone else.
I don't know about that. A lot of the poor white trash I have know are aggressive mean-spirited types who have a habit of making themselves a problem. That is what kinda makes them trash as opposed to just being poor and white.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Plenty of black people "scream" about b/b violence. It's usually covered on the local news. You rarely hear about it on a national level. Just because you don't see it, doesn't make it so. I could tell you about dozens of protests for a variety of things that were covered in my area that you'd be clueless about...again, doesn't mean it didn't happen.

If you can find a case of b/b violence with these same set of circumstances, please provide a link. Otherwise, realize that this is an entirely different type of case.
Exactly. I have heard a lot of black people talking about black-on-black violence. Oddly enough, a lot of conservatives turn that discussion into "Does that mean black-on-white violence is more acceptable?" which misses the point entirely.

Also, I always remember the line in the Dr. Dre song Bang Bang "N---as doing each other worse than the Klan"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2012, 11:58 AM

839 posts, read 478,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
The comments made on Twitter paint a different portrait of Mr. Martin than that of a sweet, gentle child with a great respect for women.
Apparently he was your average 6'2" teen with 'Hoes' on his mind, drug use "all we do is smoke & f***", and violence (you can read the crude text yourself).
I fail to see what a twitter account has to do with someone following you as you're walking from the store talking to your girlfriend on the phone.

Old 04-01-2012, 12:10 PM

2,079 posts, read 1,546,857 times
I work security in a strip club down on the southwest side of Detroit. For whatever reason we got a TV in the bathroom. These days whenever I'm there to take care of my business I notice a bunch of people crowding the pissers just to glimpse the latest on CNN. People are angry, and I'm hearing all sorts of things out of the mouths of all sorts of people.

I think the guy is going to get indicted so all this speculation will be worthless in the end. I don't find the atmosphere is ready for a repeat of the RK riots. I was a teenager in south LA at the time and the amount of anger and frustration doesn't feel as comparable. But I was more plugged in then, now I do my job, have a couple of beers, and go home.

Old 04-01-2012, 12:30 PM

3,335 posts, read 1,365,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PosterExtraordinaire View Post
I work security in a strip club down on the southwest side of Detroit. For whatever reason we got a TV in the bathroom. These days whenever I'm there to take care of my business I notice a bunch of people crowding the pissers just to glimpse the latest on CNN. People are angry, and I'm hearing all sorts of things out of the mouths of all sorts of people.

I think the guy is going to get indicted so all this speculation will be worthless in the end. I don't find the atmosphere is ready for a repeat of the RK riots. I was a teenager in south LA at the time and the amount of anger and frustration doesn't feel as comparable. But I was more plugged in then, now I do my job, have a couple of beers, and go home.
CNN... what about the pole? Get the tata's on the screen, don't let the people see what's going on in the world. It's too scary... boobies on the other hand are soft and inviting.

Old 04-01-2012, 01:10 PM

9,865 posts, read 3,119,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Well, you're white and you notice the crime, so it obviously is something that concerns you. Either take action to see change or just don't even worry about it. You can't criticize others for not taking action, when you don't do it yourself.

Everyone wants to see change, but everyone stands around waiting for someone else to get the ball rolling.
I don't see any change in the blacks . They are just creating a bad situation into a worse situation . They don't call on an investigation only. No,, they want to put a bounty on Zimmerman.. I don't see Sharpton coming out against that.. he wants escalation of the violence.

One is dead and the whole way it went down is unknown. and it is tragic that it happened . We do know that Zimmerman was beaten and it was a bad situation that escalated into a death . Some things are just crazy how they happen.

Then calling an Hispanic a white is for the purpose of racial division against whites as a whole.. we know how they want to orchestrate this, right down to denying Zimmermans culture. If that is the case they bring into this situation, then Obama is white too.

This whole thing with Al Sharpton is crazy bad. They ought to silence him because he is an inciter of racism.

Blacks got to condemn this whole way of going about it.. talk about vigilante.. they are promoting it now with Sharpton rallying for more.. Sharpton is just like the black panthers. I am sick of him and his loud mouth cries of profiling and racism.

Old 04-01-2012, 01:42 PM

2,079 posts, read 1,546,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
CNN... what about the pole? Get the tata's on the screen, don't let the people see what's going on in the world. It's too scary... boobies on the other hand are soft and inviting.
I don't blame them for being more interested in cnn. The quality of the girls there are

Old 04-01-2012, 01:47 PM

3,335 posts, read 1,365,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PosterExtraordinaire View Post
I don't blame them for being more interested in cnn. The quality of the girls there are
LOL! Got's to have quality talent, or strong drinks.

Old 04-01-2012, 11:34 PM

8,046 posts, read 4,404,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovethecommunity View Post
I fail to see what a twitter account has to do with someone following you as you're walking from the store talking to your girlfriend on the phone.
The Twitter has nothing to do with talking on the phone.
The Twitter feed was to show that perhaps what is being portrayed in the media is spin doctored to sanitize Mr. Martin.
Likewise, the media is demonizing Mr. Zimmerman.

Without all the facts, one should not jump to conclusions.

But one conclusion can be drawn - "someone" is hoping for a violent reaction - regardless of the initiating party.

Old 04-02-2012, 09:23 AM

971 posts, read 886,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Okay, after listening to the new leader of the new Black Panthers, he is basically inciting a riot.

Do you think there will be one? Due to Trayvon shooting?

Do you think Obama, or other presidential candidate should get involved?
The leader of the black panthers has next to no influence on the people of America. And I doubt a riot will ignite anytime soon. Believe or not, people are rather relaxed these days...

Old 04-02-2012, 12:05 PM

839 posts, read 478,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by overdose View Post
The leader of the black panthers has next to no influence on the people of America. And I doubt a riot will ignite anytime soon. Believe or not, people are rather relaxed these days...

There are already flash mobs that are looting stores over this case...
Yeah, people are real relaxed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies