Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 08:32 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,165,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Stand your ground is a terrible law. No one is going to act on the bounty, people aren't stupid.

Stop bringing race into this. If it was a white kid, would you be lambasting the KKK for putting out a bounty on the perps head?

I didn't think so. Something out of nothing.
He didn't stand his ground, he assaulted someone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2012, 08:40 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,680,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Stand your ground is a terrible law. No one is going to act on the bounty, people aren't stupid.

Stop bringing race into this. If it was a white kid, would you be lambasting the KKK for putting out a bounty on the perps head?

I didn't think so. Something out of nothing.
Why is Stand Your Ground a terrible law. Care to expound?

The only people bringing race into this are the original race baiters in the Black Community.

If it was a white kid no one would even care.

Old 03-28-2012, 08:54 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
With msnbc screaming racism against a white Hispanic, they will lose the white Hispanic vote.

Hispanics are very family oriented and they will recognize that Zimmerman was trying to keep the neighborhood safe of burglars or those up to no good. What was this black guy doing at 1 o'clock in the morning anyway?? What is wrong with the parents letting him roam the streets?
Reading 101 would help you immensely. The kid was walking in the neighborhood at 7:30 p.m. And what made Zimmerman think that Trayvon was "up to no good?" Sounds like Skittling While Black to me.

I am damn glad you don't have a gun. You might hurt someone - or yourself.

Old 03-28-2012, 09:03 AM

11,758 posts, read 14,644,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperManGuy View Post
Aren't blacks ashamed of their leaders?
This guy is, at best, the leader of a fringe group that has been denounced by, among others, the original Black Panther Party. Saying "blacks" should be ashamed of him is like saying "whites" should be ashamed of David Duke.

Old 03-28-2012, 09:25 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,594,686 times
Quote:
How can this guy be their leader if they've never heard of him? Our leader is your leader. And that's President Barack Obama.

Old 03-28-2012, 09:29 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,472,864 times
Quote:
With msnbc screaming racism against a white Hispanic, they will lose the white Hispanic vote.

Hispanics are very family oriented and they will recognize that Zimmerman was trying to keep the neighborhood safe of burglars or those up to no good. What was this black guy doing at 1 o'clock in the morning anyway?? What is wrong with the parents letting him roam the streets?
Wow. Lets see

According to you Trayvon was walking around at 1am circling the neighborhood.

Can you please point me to the news article that states that? Please stop lying. It makes you look like an idiot.

The problem with threads like this is that it's another one of those "Look what black people did" threads. They like to attribute the action on one individual on an entire race. How does that make sense? SuperCoolGuy or whatever said we should be ashamed of our black leaders? Since when has a black nationalist of a fringe Group ever spoken for 40 million people. I didn't vote for him. He wasn't elected for anything. WTF. I think it is interesting that "black people" have leaders and yet "white people" dont have leaders. How the hell does that work? After while it gets tiresome don't you think. I know half of you guys are trolling because you have nothing better to do sitting at home or (improbably) sitting in an office. It's the other half I really worry about because they actually believe the crap they spew.

Old 03-28-2012, 09:31 AM

419 posts, read 365,171 times
Quote:
Blacks have a leader?

Old 03-28-2012, 09:34 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:

We are voting for MSNBC now?

The second paragraph is just silly. Many, many people have already noted that this young man was walking home at 7:30 pm, not 1:00 am and yet this lie continues to fester, like so many others.
And, if you are really interested in how many Hispanics feel about this sort of incident, you might want to visit the Southwest where it is just as likely that a young Hispanic male will be targeted by the police and/or neighborhood watch for simply being 'brown.'
Happens all the time in my area.

Old 03-28-2012, 11:01 AM

4,373 posts, read 3,227,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Why is Stand Your Ground a terrible law. Care to expound?
In the states that have that law (I am only aware of Florida at the moment, so forgive me on not knowing which states have it), it doesn't matter what happens before I decide to shoot you. All that matters is that I tell the police that I felt threatened and took appropriate action. Allow me to give an example on that.

Say you're a black person and me - a white man - came walking down the street with a gun tucked away. Then out of the blue I off and call you the a n*gger and you decide to get pissed off at me because of it. You then charge at me furiously with every intention beating my ass. What do I do because of this? I pull out my gun and unload the clip until you're dead on the ground. The police come and all I have to say is that I felt threatened that you were going to do me bodily harm and I am under the protection of the 'Stand Your Ground' law. Meaning the police won't ask/care *why* I discharged my weapon, but that I felt threatened and chose to take appropriate action. I would never see the inside of a courtroom.

THAT is why I don't like the 'Stand Your Ground' law because that situation - as farfetched as that appears to be - can and WILL happen. Let's cite the case of the 85 year old man who killed a mother and her child with a double barrel shotgun when they knocked on his door on halloween. You're telling me you don't see a problem with this law? It's full of crap and people WILL abuse this in order to get away with murder.

That's why I can't stand that law.

Old 03-28-2012, 11:02 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,104,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
The article seemed to indicate that he was convicted of a felony last month and pawned a gun recently, leading to his arrest on Monday.

Thank you.

...for the rest...the truth is your friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies