Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2012, 12:38 AM

29,095 posts, read 25,956,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
A lot, when you consider how many of those 50,000,000 babies would have been non-white... and as I already stated, anything OTHER than a healthy white baby has a harder time being adopted. So it's really quite relevant, when you're suggesting every single woman who gets pregnant should have the baby - and simply put it up for adoption, while you sit back and smugly assume they'll find some Daddy Warbucks to adopt them. But the real world isn't like Annie, and SO many of those children end up in foster care until age 18. That's reality, sad as it may be.
What do you have against foster care? The children in FC at least have a chance at life. You are acting as if foster homes are some horrible living environment that is one step above a prison.

And yes - if a woman had consensual sex and a pregnancy results - she does not get to decide that she "doesn't want the baby" and therefore she can kill it. The responsibility for bringing the child into the world became hers the moment she had consensual sex. If she doesn't want the baby - then someone who does care about human life can adopt the child or take care of the child (foster care) until maturity.

Abortion on demand is a sick byproduct of a society that has eschewed personal responsibility - it is truly the ultimate level of selfishness.

Old 03-28-2012, 12:39 AM

30,286 posts, read 51,837,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
100% of "fetuses" become human beings once they leave the womb alive.
But not 100% of fetuses become viable babies... approximately 1/4 of pregnancies end in miscarriage before the second trimester, which would suggest it's not quite ready to sign contracts yet.

Old 03-28-2012, 12:41 AM

Quote:
What do you have against foster care? The children in FC at least have a chance at life. You are acting as if foster homes are some horrible living environment that is one step above a prison.
It is, in many cases. Do you have any experiences with foster children and group homes? I do, and it's not always pretty... downright abusive in some cases, like the horrible situations my ex-boyfriend was subjected to in his childhood. I've also personally reported a few abusive foster parents (I'm a mandatory reporter at my job), and the conditions of those children would make your heart ache.

I'm not saying ALL foster homes are bad, but many of them are even worse than prison. Part of the problem is the money foster parents receive, so it's turned into a scam for lowlifes who think "easy money!!" They don't give a rat's arse about the kids, just the checks they receive every month for keeping them.

Old 03-28-2012, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
It is, in many cases. Do you have any experiences with foster children and group homes? I do, and it's not always pretty... downright abusive in some cases, like the horrible situations my ex-boyfriend was subjected to in his childhood. I've also personally reported a few abusive foster parents (I'm a mandatory reporter at my job), and the conditions of those children would make your heart ache.

I'm not saying ALL foster homes are bad, but many of them are even worse than prison. Part of the problem is the money foster parents receive, so it's turned into a scam for lowlifes who think "easy money!!" They don't give a rat's arse about the kids, just the checks they receive every month for keeping them.
The solution then is to regulate and reform the foster care system - not to use the potential that a baby might be placed into an imperfect system as an excuse to prevent them from having a chance at life.

Old 03-28-2012, 12:51 AM

Quote:
The solution then is to regulate and reform the foster care system - not to use the potential that a baby might be placed into an imperfect system as an excuse to prevent them from having a chance at life.
Yeah, good luck with that... and while you're at it, lemme know how the recruitment of 50,000,000 adoptive families goes. Oh, and then we'll talk about how to sustain that many humans in our already overpopulated nation.

Look, I don't like abortion any more than you do - but I can also see reality, and know that it's a necessary evil in our society. And at least for now, the government agrees with my position on the matter. Btw, have you adopted any children?

Old 03-28-2012, 12:56 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,570,693 times
Quote:
I agree with the idea of abstinence until marriage. I have never denied a woman "choices regarding their bodies" - I have said that it is wrong to murder a baby. Do you think it is OK for a woman to murder a baby?
Of course not. For instance, a woman who throws her just born into a dumpster and it dies is a murderer. But you want everyone to believe that a person should have full rights of a human being at the moment of conception, which is very, very wrong.

Old 03-28-2012, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
But you want everyone to believe that a person should have full rights of a human being at the moment of conception, which is very, very wrong.
Why?

Old 03-28-2012, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
I am still agog to learn exactly who will actually purchase this insurance product. Any takers to answer this one?
I guess people who believe in banning abortion.

Old 03-28-2012, 01:05 AM

Quote:
I wouldn't describe a discussion about 50,000,000 deaths to be "silly".
Then what do you want to see done? Have abortion banned and women who violate the ban would be put to death to assure you they will never, never get any more abortions again?

Old 03-28-2012, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Then what do you want to see done? Have abortion banned and women who violate the ban would be put to death to assure you they will never, never get any more abortions again?
I am anti-capital punishment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.