Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2012, 04:39 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,042,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
No it is not, go learn the basics of biology.
Again, have you ever seen an ultrasound?

Old 03-28-2012, 04:39 AM

68,326 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
No.

Mandated sterilization.
Ah, a policy statement from the 'Pro in-utero life, all others fend for yourselves' party.

Old 03-28-2012, 04:45 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,042,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
Now, don't get all proud of yourself because you claim to be pro-life. We all know you guys wouldn't give a damn about that same kid if it ended up with a disease and had no access to affordable care. Then it's suddenly "Not my problem" IMO, there's no difference between people who support abortion and people who oppose universal health care. Both are willing to see people die if it comes to that in order to avoid getting the government involved.

It's easy to be "pro-life" when it doesn't cost any money to be so.
Lefties always state that because we conservatives are against charging other people (without a choice in the matter) for YOUR family's healthcare, that we are against healthcare for children.

NO child in America can be turned down for medical attention because of the SCHIP program.

BTW....it's easy to be proabortion when someone else is paying.

Old 03-28-2012, 04:49 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,478,235 times
Quote:
Lefties always state that because we conservatives are against charging other people (without a choice in the matter) for YOUR family's healthcare, that we are against healthcare for children.

NO child in America can be turned down for medical attention because of the SCHIP program.

BTW....it's easy to be proabortion when someone else is paying.
Um..that's because you are against health care for children. And you would have opposed the SCHIP program, (actually, you conservatives did) and medicare and medicaid and every other program that's designed to help the poor. For the record, I'm pro life. I'm just not a hypocrite about it.

Old 03-28-2012, 05:31 AM

25,939 posts, read 22,089,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
If you have a responsibility to protect all those babies then you should put all your energy into adopting all of those babies that were not aborted. They are obviously not your but they certainly do need protection.
Adoption of an infant is next to impossible in the US as there are even long waiting lists for babies with special needs. Many individuals/couples adopt children from foreign nations for this reason. For babies with Down syndrome, there is a waiting list of families and we were fortunate enough, some 25 years ago, to be blessed with our son whose young mother placed him for adoption versus the horrible alternative. It has probably been 50 years or more since it was at all difficult to place an infant. Also, it is not the poor who are aborting at astounding rates so it is not "economics" but "convenience".

I don't understand the idea of "insurance" unless it is to cover the rights of the human being (fetus per Webster's is the unborn young of any animal especially human beings) to pay for court costs associated to stop them from being murdered but you would think that would be a human right anyway. Seriously, "unborn young" and as the sign on the highway into town says "Abortion stops a heartbeat", chilling.

Old 03-28-2012, 05:51 AM

25,939 posts, read 22,089,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyriverranch View Post
Maybe it should be illegal for men to masturbate because they're killing sperm that has the potential to become a child.
That makes no sense. You would need to stop a woman from ovulating and having a period since each egg has the potential to become a baby. It is not a baby until conception where the egg and sperm unite. And, men are not the only ones that masturbate. Would it be illegal for women also? The monitoring of this legal requirement would be interesting. My gosh, were you the one that mentioned gluing "it" to their leg? I see "choice" as before the sexual act and a "choice" as to whether you take personal responsibility for your actions. OK, surely everyone had biology?

Old 03-28-2012, 06:05 AM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
Quote:
Are you for abortion up to the moment of birth?
Absolutely not... where did you get that idea? Unless maybe you're talking about a medically necessary induced birth, which is what you'd call a baby being "aborted" after a certain point. My friend had to have her twin girls at 5 months, as the placenta couldn't sustain life anymore - but that certainly wasn't an abortion, and they're alive and well (not to mention adorable) today.

Old 03-28-2012, 06:11 AM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
That makes no sense. You would need to stop a woman from ovulating and having a period since each egg has the potential to become a baby. It is not a baby until conception where the egg and sperm unite. And, men are not the only ones that masturbate. Would it be illegal for women also? The monitoring of this legal requirement would be interesting. My gosh, were you the one that mentioned gluing "it" to their leg? I see "choice" as before the sexual act and a "choice" as to whether you take personal responsibility for your actions. OK, surely everyone had biology?
It was a joke, for goodness sakes...

Old 03-28-2012, 06:32 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
It is a human life and I have a responsibility to protect the baby - whether it is "mine" or not.
Were you in every war zone protecting the actually LIVING babies who were blown up?

Why not?

You have fallen down on your responsibility to save all babies..

See how silly it is to think that all human life is YOUR responsibility....and rather arrogant, too.

It isn't.

Old 03-28-2012, 06:40 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
Self explanatory.
Well the thread is self explanatory....it's been awhile since we had a

"Abortion Thread of The Week Where Everyone Says The Same Things AGAIN"

I guess any silly excuse to start another one is...welllll....necessary to some...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies