Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 09:47 AM

78,866 posts, read 46,384,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Many of us aren't as charitable or in bed with corporate interests as y'all. I would rather have every penny from my pocket be used for the purpose I put it forth.

May be the insurance companies be left unregulated. Great idea if the rest of us get to choose between that, and public options. That will be pretty close to Germany's system (although, Germans benefit from some strict regulations on insurance companies).
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
All I'm saying is, yes lets ensure everyone has access to health care, but at the sametime, something has got to be done about the costs. ER visits are ridiculous and tax payers no matter what will continue to pay for it in the end.

You both sound like you're in bed with big insurance monopolies?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2012, 09:52 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,731,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
If we were, you would be a happier person.

Old 03-30-2012, 09:55 AM

78,866 posts, read 46,384,516 times
Quote:
If we were, you would be a happier person.

Really, I couldn't fathom it? Hahahahaha!

Old 03-30-2012, 10:12 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,546,026 times
Quote:
I would rather have every penny from my pocket be used for the purpose I put it forth.).
By sending it to the government? That's a good one.
Quote:
May be the insurance companies be left unregulated. Great idea if the rest of us get to choose between that, and public options. That will be pretty close to Germany's system (although, Germans benefit from some strict regulations on insurance companies).
Insurance companies are far from unregulated. It may be poor regulation, but there is a lot of it.

Old 03-30-2012, 12:22 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,866,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
If you mow your own lawn you are depriving a lawncare service from commerce and economic activity. Where does it end?
When you stop mowing it and the rats living there start spreading out to other peoples property and costing them money to deal with our problem. See how easy that is.

Old 03-30-2012, 12:23 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,866,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendell Phillips View Post
That's why health insurance companies should not be regulated. Their purpose is to provide the least coverage for the most money; to deny claims; and pay big bonuses to their CEO's. That's the American way!
And the Republican way

Old 03-30-2012, 12:25 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,516,671 times
Quote:

Why, because I'm questioning why the insurance company would pay a $4K ER bill without questioning the service?

Old 03-30-2012, 12:29 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,731,012 times
Quote:
Really, I couldn't fathom it? Hahahahaha!
You could. But that conservative blood flow is limiting the abilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
By sending it to the government? That's a good one.
Well, yeah, I don't believe in charities that only masquerade as private enterprise. With such thoughtfulness in mind, I must admit, we're doomed. We're incapable of getting things done as a people. Mussolini was right.

Quote:
Insurance companies are far from unregulated. It may be poor regulation, but there is a lot of it.
But you want unregulated. I'm willing to give you that! Now, I want public option, instead of dancing with y'all. Free choice?

Old 03-30-2012, 02:08 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,546,026 times
Quote:
But you want unregulated. I'm willing to give you that! Now, I want public option, instead of dancing with y'all. Free choice?
I do? Can you point to a place where I have ever said I want unregulated?

Old 03-30-2012, 02:35 PM

16,214 posts, read 11,262,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud
That would be your perception of it, either way, your wrong on both fronts. The stupid insurance company paid the entire bill which I called them and disputed it as being ridiculous, 4 Grand for 10 minutes of breathing steroids out of a tube.

Sounds to me like you're still trying to palm the responsiblity off on anyone but yourself -- Please grow up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Why try growing up yourself. My point is the COST of health care today is outrages and the fact that folks WITHOUT insurance are told to go to the emergency by Conservatives. WHY when it cost thousands of dollars for a 10 minute visit. Just like the ignorant self-rightous folks to completely miss their complaint of health care cost and jump right into the juvenile rants. Typical.
I am 62 years of age, and have lived with spinal curvature (idiopathic scoliosis) for 53 of those years. I have held a full-time job for all but about two of those years, plus a sideline business.

But my most stable employment ended in the mid-1990's; since then, I've been limited to the no-major-medical policies peddled to the blue-collar market. And I know that, as a mature male, the only plan Obama and Co. have for me is to force me into the Medicaid ghetto. I'll be better off under traditional Medicare, if the Democrats' redistribution scheme doesn't loot and strip it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies