Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who is your SECOND choice for president?
Obama 3 4.48%
Paul 28 41.79%
Romney 22 32.84%
Santorum 3 4.48%
Newt 11 16.42%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 08:50 PM

2,652 posts, read 8,579,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
First choice Romney, second , Newt. Obama needs a man who can stand up to Obama's lies and manipulation and with some self control to get it done.
It's funny that you equate Newt and self control.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2012, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i disagree with that.

the most important thing they have in common is understanding that it is going to be the private sector that has to rise for america to recover, NOT the government sector.

i am not sure that newt or santorum, working as active lobbyists when they got booted out of the government sector, understand that at all.

i know obama doesn't understand any part of it.

i think america's future freedom hinges on this-because the bigger the government the less freedom you are going to have, and the less choices you will be able to make.
Romney doesn't believe in the private sector. He still, to this day, agrees with the bailouts.

Old 03-28-2012, 08:54 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,054,362 times
Paul

Old 03-28-2012, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
what do you consider the good of the nation? do you think reelecting a president who knows NOTHING other than massive spending, massive bailouts, massive foreign aid, and massive wars is going to be good for the next 4 years?

not to mention freedom-stealing legislation, no criminal prosecution, no wall street reform, devaluing our currency, causing inflation, wasting our money on impossible to work "green projects", and promoting rising US gas prices in a worldwide recession. (what is that about, other than stupid policies like iran boycotts and war fuel usage?)

i will vote for anyone who will stop that agenda. again, my #1 pick is ron paul -but it doesn't seem that he is going to get the nomination and he already said that he would not run 3rd party.

so now what?
Based on the four pages of this discussion it seems Paul is dominating the field. If only each one of us could convince a few others to ACTUALLY turn out to vote. I also would not discredit the end results of his grassroots organization. He will end up with a lot more delegates than people think. The GOP and the media are trying to silence his supporters. If you want specifics on this, PM me...

Old 03-28-2012, 08:57 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,950,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke9686 View Post
Based on the four pages of this discussion it seems Paul is dominating the field. If only each one of us could convince a few others to ACTUALLY turn out to vote. I also would not discredit the end results of his grassroots organization. He will end up with a lot more delegates than people think. The GOP and the media are trying to silence his supporters. If you want specifics on this, PM me...
I'm pretty active in the Republican party. You're wrong. There isn't some huge groundswell of support for Ron Paul. His supporters are just loud and obnoxious with apparently lots of free time to flood the internet with propaganda.

Old 03-28-2012, 09:03 PM

30,311 posts, read 51,917,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
Lamp
I love carpet. I love desk. I love lamp.

Hey, it sounds like a better choice than the other fools we have running!

Old 03-28-2012, 09:17 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,389,353 times
I support Obama, but if I absolutely had to chose between the GOPers I would choose Newt.

Paul, while I agree with him on some stuff is just too out there on too many issues for me to ever really support.

Santorum is crazy.

Romney I simply do not trust him. I think he has no core and will say anything to get along.

Newt, while he is a conservative he has a proven track record of being able to get big things done with the other side which is more then can be said of any GOP leader since. I think he is bombastic and a showman, but to be honest I kind of like that in a politician. Now I don't agree with him on anything, but other then Paul I don't agree with any GOPer on anything.

Old 03-28-2012, 09:22 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,602,543 times
1st, 2nd, and 3rd choices, are all the same guy to me.

Old 03-28-2012, 09:23 PM

3,128 posts, read 6,531,430 times
Paul

Old 03-28-2012, 09:24 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,602,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
I'm pretty active in the Republican party. You're wrong. There isn't some huge groundswell of support for Ron Paul. His supporters are just loud and obnoxious with apparently lots of free time to flood the internet with propaganda.

Why so much effort put forth to completely silence the man? So far, there has been corruption involving someone suppressing his votes and voters, in every state there has been a primary or caucus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies