Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Concerning abortion - are you pro-life or pro-death?
Pro-life 70 44.30%
Pro-death 66 41.77%
No opinion 22 13.92%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 11:03 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I have a good reason. It is against the law for tax dollars to be used to pay for abortions. The sonograms would be considered a part of the abortion prep....just like any meds and supplys used.....the woman herself has to pay for it. Insurance wouldn't even be allowed to pay for it....for the same reason....pro-lifers are against any part of their premium money possibly being used for an abortion.

Good luck with getting pro-lifers to agree to pay for what would become a part of the abortion process.

Just as with babies and children....pro-lifers want them born.....but don't want to pay for them. They want the sonograms, but don't want want to pay for them.

Ya know, the Repulican/Conservative motto: "Your problem....not mine."
Tax dollars help fund Planned Parenthood.

Old 03-29-2012, 11:19 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,044,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
An entirely unqualified assertion. There are plenty of kids who practice abstinence until marriage. It isn't some extremely hard thing to do - it does require education, commitment, and a strong moral foundation.
Yet, even kids who are brought up in educated, commited, moral, religious homes still have sex and get pregnant out of wedlock.

Do I need to give you an example? OK! Bristol Palin. See how well your solution works in REAL LIFE?

Old 03-29-2012, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Yet, even kids who are brought up in educated, commited, moral, religious homes still have sex and get pregnant out of wedlock.

Do I need to give you an example? OK! Bristol Palin. See how well your solution works in REAL LIFE?
You never studied statistics, psychology, or sociology - did you?

Old 03-29-2012, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Could it be that when the hormones rage..that fate is also involved and that cosmically speaking that the coupling is part of a divine plan to create another person that is MEANT to be born?

Why are males and females persecuted for breeding? Is it all about economics...social expectations?....I believe if I had my first child at 18 rather than 33...I would be a younger more vibrant father today...instead of an old man with less energy and interest to interact...with a young child..or grown child...abortion stops people from being born that are meant to be born..

Look how much we messed with the gene pool through abortion...30 years latter we can not even find a good leader...cos they are not here and should be here...all we have are dumb folks and 40 million detained angels WHO'S landings were aborted...the people we need are not here...abortion was a mistake...the road to hell is paved with good intentions and "choice"...wrong choices.
Could it be that when a woman decides to abort fate is involved and that cosmically speaking that person was NOT meant to be born?

How do you know that the next Hitler or Mussolini wasn't aborted?

I wonder how many serial killers and child rapists have been aborted?

See how that works?

Old 03-29-2012, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Could it be that when a woman decides to abort fate is involved and that cosmically speaking that person was NOT meant to be born?

How do you know that the next Hitler or Mussolini wasn't aborted?

I wonder how many serial killers and child rapists have been aborted?

See how that works?
Nature vs. Nurture - I don't think you can say you have been persuasive with this argument unless you state where you stand.

Old 03-29-2012, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Tax dollars help fund Planned Parenthood.
Those tax dollars DO NOT go towards abortions....they go towards the other 97% of the services PP provides.

There are strict accounting procedures and audits to make sure of that, yet certain people still would rather see all of the services PP provides ended......to hell with the collateral damage...... poor women's health.

And you are a prime example of why Vic 2.0's proposal that tax dollars be used to fund pre-abortion sonograms would never work.

Old 03-29-2012, 11:41 PM

30,353 posts, read 51,937,226 times
Quote:
My solution is based in reality.
Not even close, sorry...

Do you really think teens would suddenly stop having sex, just because abortion was outlawed? They had sex in the days before Roe v Wade, and were getting pregnant just like today... teen pregnancy rates were actually in higher in number, if you compare certain decades to now. The only difference is that unwanted pregnancies were generally handled in one of two ways - a dangerous "back alley" abortion or a "home for unwed mothers." Out of sight & out of mind, I suppose?

Old 03-29-2012, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Nature vs. Nurture - I don't think you can say you have been persuasive with this argument unless you state where you stand.
Isn't it obvious where I stand?

Old 03-29-2012, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Those tax dollars DO NOT go towards abortions....they go towards the other 97% of the services PP provides.

There are strict accounting procedures and audits to make sure of that, yet certain people still would rather see all of the services PP provides ended......to hell with the collateral damage...... poor women's health.
Money is fungible. Planned Parenthood performs abortions. Money can be "accounted" for and the report can show that "no tax dollars were used for abortions" but that doesn't really mean anything. The tax money goes in the general fund and the fact that they use that money means that it is helping them perform abortions - regardless of accounting tricks.

Old 03-29-2012, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Isn't it obvious where I stand?
I think you will find the Nature position rather difficult to defend, but I would certainly be interested in hearing your argument.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies