Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 05:13 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Unlike those on the Left, I defend free speech.

Obviously that is no longer true, as the guy from MM, behind the whole "boycott", has ADMITTED. In other words, he lied to you.

Oh yeah, he's really been hurt.

Why aren't you believing what the guy who's been lying to you all along is now saying?

Awwww....I hope more than their hopes are dashed. Last I heard, MM was investing $100K in certain states, trying to get radio stations to dump Rush.

Oh yeah, he's a real loser. Still on the air, still heard on over 600 radio stations, something the Left would kill for.

Yep...we learned how dumb Americans really are (see Nov 2008). Imagine, people actually believing their god would heal the planet and slow the tides. Can't get any more duped than that.
This is so funny, Sanrene... I looked at that list they provided... I didn't see ONE Rush advertiser among them. Admittedly, I didn't look at the entire list. but none of the ones I saw have EVER advertised on Rush's show. NONE, ZERO, NADA! LOL Joke is on them. They've been duped big time!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2012, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Since when is he a "news" personality. He's a great bull**** artist, but that is about it.
Well, we know for sure you have never listened to his show, don't we?

Old 03-29-2012, 05:17 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,329,966 times
I finally had a day off and was able to listen to Rush for the first time in weeks. His show was loaded with ads, and only four in one hour of a PSA nature (but that's typical of this radio station).

I'd drifted away from his show. He'd become repetitive and IMO his heart wasn't in it anymore. But you chuckleheads on the left changed all that. I don't remember the last time I heard him this fierce and passionate and directed. Any new listeners are going to hooked and mesmerized by the guy - I bet his ratings explode. And just in time for the elections

You libs could not have timed it better.

Old 03-29-2012, 05:21 PM

Quote:
The rest of the sentence from the quote you provided!

As the guy from media blathers ADMITS, fewer than 5 advertisers and ONE station.

Wow! Good job!

Love this. Meanwhile, the Left continues to attempt to deny free speech to those they disagree with.

How can anyone not believe it is the Left that is intolerant, divisive and wants to shut up those that have smashed to smithereens their monopoly on the "news"?
Too funny. I coud only think of a few that dropped him, Sleep Number, Carbonite, Sherris Berries and Pro Flowers (same company ownership), Legal Zoom. That's it. I haven't noticed any others missing.

Carbonite and Sherri's Berries (Pro Flowers) are left wing ownership. No surprises there. I don't know about the others.

Old 03-29-2012, 05:31 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Too funny. I coud only think of a few that dropped him, Sleep Number, Carbonite, Sherris Berries and Pro Flowers (same company ownership), Legal Zoom. That's it. I haven't noticed any others missing.

Carbonite and Sherri's Berries (Pro Flowers) are left wing ownership. No surprises there. I don't know about the others.
The company that wanted to come back was Sleep Train I believe. Rush said no.

Stink progress and media blathers create a "list" of advertisers that have never advertised on Rush, but might have stipulated they didn't want to in the first place.

As the guy who is behind the whole astro-turf campaign against Rush has said, approx 5 advertisers have left, to THEIR detriment.

Old 03-29-2012, 05:33 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
The company that wanted to come back was Sleep Train I believe. Rush said no.

Stink progress and media blathers create a "list" of advertisers that have never advertised on Rush, but might have stipulated they didn't want to in the first place.

As the guy who is behind the whole astro-turf campaign against Rush has said, approx 5 advertisers have left, to THEIR detriment.
Rush: Since Sandra Fluke incident my ratings are up between 10% and 60% » The Right Scoop -

Quote:
The simple answer is that on the range of all 600 radio stations, our ratings are up anywhere from 10 to 60 percent depending on the station.

Old 03-29-2012, 08:55 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,529,230 times
Are April and October still the two months of the year when the Ratings are tallied for the "bible" that comes out with the big news? I hope we're pretty close to finding out just how well Rush is doing. It'll help quell the dreams of the left for a season.

Old 03-29-2012, 10:56 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,450,610 times
Quote:
No, you're condoning the Left astro-turfing/threatening/pressuring businesses into cancelling ads on his show. Just because you don't like what he says.
No one on "the left" forced those companies to cancel their ads; they chose to do that based on their business interests. What's wrong with that? Free country.

Old 03-29-2012, 10:58 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Zero impact? Hmm, I haven't listened to him for 25+ years.

That hasn't changed except I laugh when I see his picture now.

Because he spilled his guts and groveled for forgiveness from someone he called a prostitute. Seems he is the only prostitute in this story.

So how is that zero impact?

Old 03-30-2012, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
They are all listed here.

Please list the names of all the advertisers still advertising on the Limbaugh show.
The problem with your list (and I did look at it briefly) is that none of the companies listed that I saw have EVER advertised on his show.

Sorry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies