Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 02:13 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,208,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
This folks, shows a racially motivated crime. Until we find Zimmerman say one negative thing about Trayvon, can we drop the race bait from that case for a while?

We need someone demanding justice for the white tourists, because life in jail for two lost lives is not justice.
Well, what's stopping you? Start your change.org petition. If you feel an injustice has taken place, don't look around for other folks to take action. YOU do it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2012, 02:21 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,530,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
SARASOTA --
A 17-year-old from Sarasota has been found guilty of first-degree murder in the deaths of two British tourists.

Shawn Tyson killed James Cooper, 25, and James Kouzaris, 24, on April 16, 2011.

Defense lawyers were scheduled to call another witness Wednesday but did not. The state then rested its case and closing arguments started a short time later.

According to investigators, the men had been drinking heavily that night and somehow ended up in the Sarasota neighborhood of Newtown.

Prosecutors say Tyson shot the men multiple times after a botched robbery attempt. Earlier this week, one of his friends, Latrice Washington, testified to that claim.

"He shot one of them in the side and one of them fell instantly,'' Washington said on the stand. "And then the other one was crying for his life and he (Tyson) shot him and emptied the clip on him.''

Teen found guilty of killing British tourists

Within 10 days this will be the second teenager who has been convicted of murder...this one killed 2 people, 2 young English tourists!
This kid sounds like a physco. The guy begged for his life and he killed him anyway. Well he is off the streets for good.

Old 03-29-2012, 02:22 PM

20,716 posts, read 19,360,295 times
I don't know why people want these people to be sorry. He murdered them. He might be sorry he was caught. Sociopaths need to feel the cold of an anvil on their testicles. They'll tear up when you bring out the sledge.

Old 03-29-2012, 02:26 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,646,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
This folks, shows a racially motivated crime. Until we find Zimmerman say one negative thing about Trayvon, can we drop the race bait from that case for a while?

We need someone demanding justice for the white tourists, because life in jail for two lost lives is not justice.
I didn't realize that the word 'cracker' was a racial slur.

I thought it pertained to all southerners..LOL
'scuse my yankeeness..

Old 03-29-2012, 02:29 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,088,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Well, what's stopping you? Start your change.org petition. If you feel an injustice has taken place, don't look around for other folks to take action. YOU do it.

Because
1). I have other things to do with my life like my job, take care of my family, maintain my property instead of parading around. While I feel for the family, I am not connected to them like everyone is connected to Trayvon.

2). What is it going to do besides create more white vs black tension. Look this black kid is a racist and hates whites. Keep bringing attention to a problem and it seems to grow and get bigger. Aren't we trying to blur the line between different people and races?

Old 03-29-2012, 02:48 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,635,426 times
It is very disturbing how the state of Florida and the city of Sarasota have failed to deal with the underlying crisis in the city's Newtown area:

After the verdict, a poison remains

Quote:
Witnesses openly threatened with retribution. Public housing residents terrorized by this crime, which occurred in their midst. Neighbors drained by the sounds of gunfire in the night.
That's not the type of thing that should be considered acceptable in a supposedly first-world state.

Old 03-29-2012, 03:01 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,845,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
What was sad is that when this occured many on the Sarasota boards(many of whom are realtors) blamed the victims. Can't admit the area has any problems.

"They must have been looking for drugs". No, they were two young guys who were looking for an IHOP and not knowing the area ended up in a bad area, which in place like Sarasota which is not that big isn't that difficult to do.

It's good he got 1st degree murder but two families still lost two young sons.
No what is sad is this page or the being upset over these teens isnt the same as it is T martin.

The president and our elected officials arent speaking about their death

Old 03-29-2012, 03:03 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,530,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
No what is sad is this page or the being upset over these teens isnt the same as it is T martin.

The president and our elected officials arent speaking about their death
In case you missed it he is in jail. He has been convicted. Your boy zimmerman is free enjoying life as I type.

Old 03-29-2012, 03:05 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,009,771 times
This is absolutely deplorable and disgusting...

I mean here you have these guys begging for their lives and you just empty your gun into them...

This is why I support the death penalty. A quick and swift execution on this one.

Old 03-29-2012, 03:16 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,088,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
In case you missed it he is in jail. He has been convicted. Your boy zimmerman is free enjoying life as I type.
Free yes, enjoying life, I don't think so with a 1 mill bounty on his head.

Is jail a justifiable form of punishment in this case, I don't think so
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies