Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 10:15 AM

2,312 posts, read 3,664,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonAreaWeatherSummary View Post
Sarasota murder: Shawn Tyson, 17, found GUILTY of killing 2 British tourists in Florida | Mail Online

Transcript of a phonecall this savage made.

Tyson: 'What's up, bro?'
Brother: 'What's up, lil' man?'
Tyson: 'S***.'
Brother: 'What them crackers talkin' about?'
Tyson: 'S***. I don't even know right now. I don't know why they talkin' about.'
Brother: 'Yeah, I don't know what them crackers talkin' about. S***, like. You was in the house, like.'
Tyson: 'I know... that's what I keep on... these crackers talkin' about that somebody say they seen me out there or some s***.'
Brother: 'Them crackers trippin', man.'
Tyson: 'Hell yeah.'
Brother: 'S***, you're chate, through. You know what I'm sayin' like? You ain't got no guns or nothin'. Like f*** them crackers talkin' about.'
Tyson: 'Only thing is, they found the bullets, though.'
Brother: 'Huh?'
Tyson: 'They found the bullets.'
Brother: 'Oh. Damn!'
Tyson: 'That's the only thing that's gonna f*** me up.'
Brother: 'They found them in the house?'
Tyson: 'M-hm-mm.'

Odd how the media has ignored the racist nature of the savage in this case, blatant though it is, but gone to amazing lengths to try and ensure Zimmermans indecipherable mumblings are interpreted as a racial ephitet.

Racism pure and simple. Hate crime
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2012, 10:34 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,993,500 times
At least Tyson will see justice in the USA for his senseless actions. If this had happened to American tourists in Great Britain he would have received a slap on the wrist and a stern finger-waving not to do it again.

Old 03-30-2012, 10:53 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,563,570 times
Levin talks about this case. He makes some great points.

Mark Levin: If I Had Another Son, He'd Look Like Brian Terry | RealClearPolitics

Old 03-30-2012, 11:24 AM

2,010 posts, read 2,371,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
I didn't realize that the word 'cracker' was a racial slur.
It is when it's said in a context meant to be an insult. So is snowflake, pinky, and whiteboy, which I was called almost daily in high school. Now bring on the apologists to make excuses because everyone knows that only white people can be racist.....

Last edited by SimpleMan; 03-30-2012 at 12:01 PM..

Old 03-30-2012, 04:00 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,635,426 times
Quote:
If this had happened to American tourists in Great Britain
I don't think it would happen to American tourists in the UK, though. I can't think of any instances of that happening. That's why the case was so shocking in England. The idea of two tourists simply being gunned down during a robbery is something you'd really only expect in the United States, when it comes to the "developed" western nations.

This is something Florida still hasn't addressed - why are there patches of its cities that basically operate as lawless, third-world warzones?

Old 03-30-2012, 04:06 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badhornet View Post
Racism pure and simple. Hate crime
Murder usually is a hate crime regardless of motivation.

I'm certain the Reverends Jesse Jackson & Al Sharpton will be all over condeming this murderous teen's actions (as actually convicted in court) since they are protesting for justice in Florida.

Old 03-30-2012, 04:14 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tablemtn View Post
I don't think it would happen to American tourists in the UK, though. I can't think of any instances of that happening. That's why the case was so shocking in England. The idea of two tourists simply being gunned down during a robbery is something you'd really only expect in the United States, when it comes to the "developed" western nations.

This is something Florida still hasn't addressed - why are there patches of its cities that basically operate as lawless, third-world warzones?
The problem is hardly unique to the USA or to FL. Why does the assailant's tool of choice matter in a robbery, assault or murder?

I was threatened at knifepoint in London in the mid-1980's in a robbery attempt. I found the nearest bobbie and pointed out the guy who was busy molesting others on the opposite side of the street and they just shrugged their shoulders suggesting as a tourist from the USA I simply should have turned over my wallet as any Englishman/woman would have done. Apparently it was my mistake, not the vagrant attempting to rob people at knifepoint.

Old 03-30-2012, 04:23 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,635,426 times
Quote:
The problem is hardly unique to the USA or to FL.
Well, more English tourists get murdered in the US than the other way around, by quite a large margin. That's something worth pointing out, because it reflects wider problems in our society. The murder rate in England and Wales is about 1/4th of the US rate. These are some pretty big disparities.

Old 03-30-2012, 04:51 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,416,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
Doesn't it bother you to perpetuate racism that may come back to affect you, your friends, and your future children if you ever have any?

cleveland : President Obama calls Chardon High principal, expresses condolences

Yahoo! News

Obama offers condolences to Paterno?s family - Boston.com (http://articles.boston.com/2012-01-24/news/30660128_1_penn-state-football-coach-joe-paterno-coach-paterno - broken link)
Yeah, Obama sends condolences to white people, too.
FYI. One of the students was black

Old 03-30-2012, 05:22 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,993,500 times
Quote:
It's strange how Europeans tend to live in their little bubble pretending that violence only happens in the U.S. but never in their part of the world. Facts show otherwise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies