Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 09:12 AM

11,431 posts, read 18,999,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
It’s an Obama World… Gay Flag Flies at Afghan Base But the Christian Cross Is Banned

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012...oss-is-banned/

non-issue. I personally think that the ONLY flag or symbol should be our country's flag. NO crosses, no KKK flags, no gay flags, etc. Maybe this flag was part of a special occasion? Maybe to reflect the lifting of DADT? If so, I think that it was temporarily appropriate. why do christians always play that "persecution card"?- it gets old.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2012, 09:13 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganusn View Post
The cross represents christianity. The gay rights movement or being gay isn't a religion......Was that difficult?
It is a religion, It is a secular humanistic belief against the religion of Christianity.

Government allows the beliefs of secular humanism in.. they should keep out anything against Christianity.

This is secular humanism.

Secular Humanism - Excluding God from Schools & Society
Secular Humanism is an attempt to function as a civilized society with the exclusion of God and His moral principles. During the last several decades, Humanists have been very successful in propagating their beliefs. Their primary approach is to target the youth through the public school system. Humanist Charles F. Potter writes, "Education is thus a most powerful ally of humanism, and every American school is a school of humanism. What can a theistic Sunday school's meeting for an hour once a week and teaching only a fraction of the children do to stem the tide of the five-day program of humanistic teaching?" (Charles F. Potter, "Humanism: A New Religion," 1930)

John J. Dunphy, in his award winning essay, The Humanist (1983), illustrates this strategic focus, "The battle for humankind's future must be waged and won in the public school classroom by teachers who correctly perceive their role as the proselytizers of a new faith: A religion of humanity -- utilizing a classroom instead of a pulpit to carry humanist values into wherever they teach. The classroom must and will become an arena of conflict between the old and the new -- the rotting corpse of Christianity, together with its adjacent evils and misery, and the new faith of humanism."

Is this what's happening? John Dewey, remembered for his efforts in establishing America's current educational systems, was one of the chief signers of the 1933 Humanist Manifesto. It seems the Humanists have been interested in America's education system for nearly a century. They have been absolutely successful in teaching children that God is imaginary and contrary to "science."

Secular Humanism

11,431 posts, read 18,999,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
I'm sure the tolerant Muslims of Afghanistan will give gays the welcome they want.
I doubt that those primitive illiterate heathens have any idea what a "gay flag" is.

Last edited by wehotex; 03-29-2012 at 09:28 AM..

19,784 posts, read 15,109,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
Only takes a "single Marine" to hoist a Christian Cross to raise awareness of redemption also; but that would come down lickety split and, in this day and age, may even result in some charges and certainly faux lwnj outrage, as well.

Again, the chapel in a war zone is..wait for it..NONDENOMINATIONAL, and the religious symbols are...wait for it...PORTABLE, and INTERCHANGEABLE.

Save your outrage for something that is truly outrageous.

Old 03-29-2012, 09:15 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,109,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I really don't need to look any further. When a gay pride flag can be raised and religious flag with a cross cannot, I have a problem with it. I don't care what manual gives who the right to do or not do something. That manual and that policy are counter to my principles and beliefs.

Dude, the religious symbols are portable and are changed according to what kind of service is going on, will you for God's sake get a clue???

There was no endorsement of gay pride by the military. It was one freaking marine.

Why not get pissed off about the fact that we're still there?

A gay flag doesn't even raise a blip on my "outrage" radar. But williful ignorance by otherwise intelligent people gets on my last good nerve.

Old 03-29-2012, 09:16 AM

3,451 posts, read 7,054,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
It is a religion, It is a secular humanistic belief against the religion of Christianity.

Government allows the beliefs of secular humanism in.. they should keep out anything against Christianity.

This is secular humanism.

Secular Humanism - Excluding God from Schools & Society
Secular Humanism is an attempt to function as a civilized society with the exclusion of God and His moral principles. During the last several decades, Humanists have been very successful in propagating their beliefs. Their primary approach is to target the youth through the public school system. Humanist Charles F. Potter writes, "Education is thus a most powerful ally of humanism, and every American school is a school of humanism. What can a theistic Sunday school's meeting for an hour once a week and teaching only a fraction of the children do to stem the tide of the five-day program of humanistic teaching?" (Charles F. Potter, "Humanism: A New Religion," 1930)

John J. Dunphy, in his award winning essay, The Humanist (1983), illustrates this strategic focus, "The battle for humankind's future must be waged and won in the public school classroom by teachers who correctly perceive their role as the proselytizers of a new faith: A religion of humanity -- utilizing a classroom instead of a pulpit to carry humanist values into wherever they teach. The classroom must and will become an arena of conflict between the old and the new -- the rotting corpse of Christianity, together with its adjacent evils and misery, and the new faith of humanism."

Is this what's happening? John Dewey, remembered for his efforts in establishing America's current educational systems, was one of the chief signers of the 1933 Humanist Manifesto. It seems the Humanists have been interested in America's education system for nearly a century. They have been absolutely successful in teaching children that God is imaginary and contrary to "science."

Secular Humanism
The gay rights movement is not a religion, and has nothing to do with any belief against Christianity.

Old 03-29-2012, 09:17 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,662,054 times
gay is not a religion.

simple as that.

Old 03-29-2012, 09:19 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,099,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
non-issue. I personally think that the ONLY flag or symbol should be our country's flag. NO crosses, no KKK flags, no gay flags, etc. Maybe this flag was part of a special occasion? Maybe to reflect the lifting of DADT? If so, I think that it was temporarily appropriate. why do christians always play that "persecution card"?- it gets old.
The flag was flown by a male Marine to bring attention to homophobia in the military. His wife then posted the photograph on a Facebook page titled Wipeout Homophobia on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/WHOF1 (broken link)

While I agree with this couple's message wholeheartedly, this Marine probably chose the wrong time, place, and manner to make his point.

Old 03-29-2012, 09:20 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,279,947 times
The orginates from someones fb page, so who knows what even happened or if this was just staged for a photo. However i agree if a cross can be flown for those reasons then neither should this be allowed.

Old 03-29-2012, 09:21 AM

1,063 posts, read 1,777,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
It is a religion
lol no it's not...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies