Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 12:26 PM

30,891 posts, read 36,937,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
"HER" has it completely bass ackward. Liberals tend to logically anaylize a question until it is too late for a solution while emotional Konservatives alread have every answer already in place because god told then what to do.
I don't think it's an issue of conservatives being more logical or liberals being more logical. It's more that liberals and conservativers have different emotional hot buttons. I.E. Conservatives put too much faith in organized religion and liberals put too much faith in big government programs. In this example, both are off the mark.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2012, 12:45 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
How is unwavering faith in an ideology despite all evidence pointing to it being a failure logical?

Certainly both sides play on people's emotions when it comes to social issues, but it seems the right engages in those tactics a lot more. Look at their scaremongering over gay marriage, their labeling of pro-choice people as pro-murder, their constant attempts to scare the public into going along with whatever their latest giant military boondoggle is.

Old 04-03-2012, 12:47 PM

594 posts, read 1,633,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
How is unwavering faith in an ideology despite all evidence pointing to it being a failure logical?
Ask a communist.

Old 04-03-2012, 03:09 PM

1,331 posts, read 2,334,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC1981 View Post
Ask a communist.
I consider myself to be liberal. I am nowhere near Communist. Calling all Liberals Communists is like me calling all Conservatives Fascists.

Old 04-03-2012, 03:11 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC1981 View Post
Ask a communist.
What is a communist?

Old 04-03-2012, 03:15 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
Do you have any proof whatsoever for your claims?
Sure. FDIC.

Quote:
I will ask this question a third time, please provide a single example of a poorly functioning government run system which was reformed to the point where it performs better than a private counterpart.
For the third time: Health care for the most vulnerable/poor.

And for the umpteenth time, show me a society where social programs are run by private interests and works.

Quote:
Just give me one example.
Yes, just one will do.

Quote:
Relying on wall street for retirement is proven to give people over four times as much money at retirement.
Ahem, how many times must I repeat that private enterprise is NOT the answer to societal issues? To quote Madison:
If men were angels, there would be no need for government.

I agree. Do you?

Not embracing a system that has been proven to give more money to retirees simply because it is associated with wall street is nothing short of stupid. I sincerely hope you are never in charge of anything significant. You seem extremely clueless.

Quote:
Good god, it is like talking to a 19 year old. I am going to save this debate so you can read it once you have lived in the real world and apologize for your ignorance.
Might as well make it 17, if you believe that helps make you look more logical.

Old 04-03-2012, 03:38 PM

Fascism, pronounced /ˈfæʃɪzəm/, is a political ideology that seeks to combine radical and authoritarian nationalism with a corporatist economic system, and which is usually considered to be on the far right of the traditional left-right political spectrum

Old 04-03-2012, 03:48 PM

409 posts, read 254,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyyo View Post
I consider myself to be liberal. I am nowhere near Communist. Calling all Liberals Communists is like me calling all Conservatives Fascists.
Fascism is a far left doctrine.
http://www.amazon.com/Liberal-Fascis.../dp/0385511841

Old 04-03-2012, 03:51 PM

30,891 posts, read 36,937,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Certainly both sides play on people's emotions when it comes to social issues,
Social issues are an emotional hot button for conservatives because the US is getting more socially liberal (for better, for worse, or for both).

We usually notice the hot buttons of people we perceive as different from ourselves, but not our own.

The common denominator is always some kind of security. Conservatives tend to focus on military security. Liberals focus on economic security. Both sides are played against each other so that we can be manipulated into giving up our freedoms to BOTH Corporate cartels AND government bureaucracies.

Old 04-03-2012, 05:26 PM

Fascism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A major element of fascism that has been deemed as clearly far-right is its goal to promote the right of claimed superior people to dominate while purging society of claimed inferior elements.

Fascism is often considered right-wing due to its social conservatism and authoritarian means of opposing egalitarianism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies