Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2012, 12:05 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
I noticed that also..the older photos show the change..He did look like he was becoming a product of the hood and that bad culture.....That is not the point..you don't kill someone for simply being a bad ass if that is the case.

PREJUDICE...has a side effect..it clouds the mind and creates a picture that is not hand in hand with full reality...I still believe..that Zimmerman could not see straight...or think straight..The whole thing would not have happened if cooler heads and clear vision prevailed.

If the kid was white...Zimmerman's actions would have been more contained and careful...Zimmerman saw black and to him all black is bad...and black does not have the full protection of the law...Zimmerman knew this..his father is a lawyer..and belonged to the judiciary...
I don't know if his father was a lawyer, as I don't believe a magisrtate judge needs a degree, but his father is connected. Zimmerman's actions might not have been racist, but I also believe that Zimmerman felt that skin color would affect the handling of the crime.

Old 04-02-2012, 12:08 PM

409 posts, read 254,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnRn View Post
I agree, why do they keep showing the old photo that makes him look like a sweet innocent kid. Instead of this one which tells you so much more about him?

http://cdn2.dailycaller.com/2012/03/...6.05__2_DC.jpg

A sweet young boy who calls himself the “NO_LIMIT_*****.” Trayvon Martin Tweets | Twitter Account | The Daily Caller

That photo is disgusting.

Liberals want to believe he's an angel so they'll deny reality and call it racism until they are blue in the face.

Old 04-02-2012, 12:13 PM

1,182 posts, read 1,139,716 times
This case is basically over as far as the criminal justice system is concerned. If they had something to prosecute, charges would have been brought by now by either the FBI/DOJ for civil rights violations or by the state of Florida for murder/manslaughter. They have had many days to go over whatever evidence exist and to speak to any and all people involved. If there was going to be an arrest, one would have been made by now.

Old 04-02-2012, 12:14 PM

20,718 posts, read 19,360,295 times
We are talking about two cases here right?

In the case of the thuggish, gold toothed Martin who pounded Zimmerman, the upstanding citizen and guardian, into a bloody mess, I'd have to say that justice prevailed.

In the case of of the innocent child, also named Martin, hunted and executed by the ex-convict, also named Zimmerman, that Zimmerman needs to dim the lights in Atlantic city.

Oh right, I forgot about the third case, reality which should go to trial. I should submit my screen plays to the creative section. No?

Old 04-02-2012, 12:16 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,319,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnRn View Post
Yeah, I guess the police gave him medical attention because he had no wounds.
Not without any gloves on? If there any police officer in this country of hepatitis, HIV and AIDES willing to touch neverless treat (which they are not authorize to do) a bleeding patient with no gloves. He may have had a scratch which I find hard to believe if someone was "banging" their head against concrete in a rage

Old 04-02-2012, 12:21 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,319,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine Shadow View Post
i never did. neither did i do drugs or engaged in sex when i was in my teens. i also have never been into a fight. i applaud my parents for raising me properly and sending me to top quality private schools. btw, i'm not white.

to be objective, photos really doesn't reveal a person's personality. all it is is a snapshot of that person at that time. how a person is raised contributes more to their personality. i really would like to see his school grades. that's a reflection of one's motivation. it was originally reported that he was an AB student. i would like to verify that.

None of this has anything to do with the fact that he was shot and was unarmed Even if he was a dopehead, he was at the time of the shooting. Why are people trying defame his character? regardless of what you may think that he is judging from his picture he still does not have a history of violence.

Old 04-02-2012, 12:23 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,063,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Not without any gloves on? If there any police officer in this country of hepatitis, HIV and AIDES willing to touch neverless treat (which they are not authorize to do) a bleeding patient with no gloves. He may have had a scratch which I find hard to believe if someone was "banging" their head against concrete in a rage
It is already on record that he was given medical attention before he was brought into the station where the video was made. Get your facts straight.

Old 04-02-2012, 12:23 PM

2,312 posts, read 3,664,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
None of this has anything to do with the fact that he was shot and was unarmed Even if he was a dopehead, he was at the time of the shooting. Why are people trying defame his character? regardless of what you may think that he is judging from his picture he still does not have a history of violence.

Thats true. Pot smokers usually arent violent

Old 04-02-2012, 12:28 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,506,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
George Zimmerman's record was in Florida.

His father was a magistrate in Virginia.

Nice try and the "small town" angle. But no dice.

Now, back to your insistance that it's been proven that the screams on the 911 were Trayvon Martin - I'll ask again: Link, please.
I can imagine a retired magistrate from Virginia getting laughed at trying to exert his non-existent influence over police departments, state attorneys, and judges in Florida. They call me Mr. Zimmerman, and I'm one of thousands of retired magistrates in Virginia. Don't do what I want and I'll, ummm, errr, ?

Old 04-02-2012, 12:38 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,931,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
We are talking about two cases here right?

In the case of the thuggish, gold toothed Martin who pounded Zimmerman, the upstanding citizen and guardian, into a bloody mess, I'd have to say that justice prevailed.

In the case of of the innocent child, also named Martin, hunted and executed by the ex-convict, also named Zimmerman, that Zimmerman needs to dim the lights in Atlantic city.

Oh right, I forgot about the third case, reality which should go to trial. I should submit my screen plays to the creative section. No?
So you agree that had the lead investigator's affidavit on Feb 26, which requested an arrest for manslaughter, should not have been cast aside? To me, this is the only reason the case got so much media coverage and has angered citizens across the country. Nobody I know who wants Zimmerman arrested is asking for blood, only for the evidence to be presented fairly to determine if Zimmerman did or did not kill Martin in self defense. It's very possible that both your stories are completely wrong and that the Florida gun laws will protect Zimmerman, even if Trayvon was a great kid who was only walking home with a bag of Skittles. Either way, I don't believe a shooting like this ever should be dismissed without a thorough investigation, and it looks as if Wolfinger made up his mind before examining all the facts. If any citizen can shoot an unarmed person and call it self defense and walk away, simply because nobody saw what really happened, none of us are safe.

I do agree there are many rumors and versions of the story spreading around the internet. I read somewhere The Retreat at Twin Lakes is not a gated community and that the "Liberal Media" just want to project an image of a nice kid visiting his Dad, blah, blah. The poster (can't find it) claims it's a low income housing project. Really? Low income? Well, I get MLS Listings from all over the place and if you live in Florida, you know that in 2012 a 3/2 townhouse listed for $119,000 isn't "low income housing." Heck, I've seen newer townhomes in a community in North Port for $65,000.

Anyway, I brought this up because of the ridiculous assumption one person made, that it must be a low income housing project because Black people live there. It's really no different from the images posted of Trayvon Martin, portraying him as some kind of gangsta who probably was looking for trouble. I suppose it's possible that those Skittles were spiked with vodka, or even worse, he filled them with mini explosive devices.

Last edited by justNancy; 04-02-2012 at 12:57 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies