Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2012, 04:24 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,469,490 times

Advertisements

If 2 armed men in Fla. have a confrontation and they both invoke the Stand Your Ground rules do they fight a duel to the death?

Old 04-03-2012, 04:24 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,014,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
The Market Ticker? Yes...I'm betting they have some quality, unbiased
journalists there. The whole issue is whether Zimmerman acted within the law when he pursued Martin...the kid could have been purple. Just because Zimmerman thought he looked "suspicious" is no license to pursue and question him.

Old 04-03-2012, 04:50 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,911,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
journalists there. The whole issue is whether Zimmerman acted within the law when he pursued Martin...the kid could have been purple. Just because Zimmerman thought he looked "suspicious" is no license to pursue and question him.
do you think we have quality unbiased journalism now?

i saw a response on the comments section in that denninger post which made a lot of sense:

Of course, the facts are someone is dead who shouldn't be dead. The problem is the game is being arranged where issues that are minimal at best are being promoted by the press. We have a black kid who got shot in a series of mistakes. If this guy had been white, we would have never heard a word in the national media. Or had Zimmerman been black also. Had Zimmermann had a club with him instead of a gun and Martin was brain dead, nothing would have been said beyond the county in which this incident occurred. The fact the same howling dogs are involved as any scripted racial matter should clue the public as to what this is really about. Politics. The same politics that have run the USA off the end of the pier the past 35 years. (end)

this blow up of this tragic issue is ALL about politics. if obama weighed in at all, it should have been on how to fix it, not what he actually said, which was pathetic.

(black agenda report)

Obama isn't Trayvon's father, and he isn't ours either, so his imagined emotional connection is beside the point. He's not a pastor, he's a president. For a president, saying there ought to be a national debate without being willing to lead it is a weasely cop-out.(end)

it seems to me that the media agenda is to divide the races, (although they inadvertently threw hispanic into the "bad whitey" mix), and to push for disarming the general law-abiding population.

Last edited by floridasandy; 04-03-2012 at 05:10 AM..

Old 04-03-2012, 04:51 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,751,121 times
Quote:
And what kind of crap do you get your news from? Really doesn't matter where it came from, fact is a fact.

Old 04-03-2012, 05:04 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,504,849 times
Quote:
GZ didn't need a license to follow and question tm. Of course he acted within the law. If the whole issue is whether Zimmerman acted within the law when he pursued Martin, the answer is a big Yes.

Old 04-03-2012, 05:11 AM

3,345 posts, read 3,074,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
There is a racial war? Maybe for you, not for me.

Sieg Heil!!!
Your party has been trying to start one for decades now.... good job Spike

The rest of us just want to live in peace and harmony. We don't want your race baiting and hatemongering....Ok? Democrats.

Old 04-03-2012, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
do you think we have quality unbiased journalism now?

i saw a response on the comments section in that denninger post which made a lot of sense:

Of course, the facts are someone is dead who shouldn't be dead. The problem is the game is being arranged where issues that are minimal at best are being promoted by the press. We have a black kid who got shot in a series of mistakes. If this guy had been white, we would have never heard a word in the national media. Or had Zimmerman been black also. Had Zimmermann had a club with him instead of a gun and Martin was brain dead, nothing would have been said beyond the county in which this incident occurred. The fact the same howling dogs are involved as any scripted racial matter should clue the public as to what this is really about. Politics. The same politics that have run the USA off the end of the pier the past 35 years. (end)

this blow up of this tragic issue is ALL about politics. if obama weighed in at all, it should have been on how to fix it, not what he actually said, which was pathetic.

(black agenda report)

Obama isn't Trayvon's father, and he isn't ours either, so his imagined emotional connection is beside the point. He's not a pastor, he's a president. For a president, saying there ought to be a national debate without being willing to lead it is a weasely cop-out.(end)

it seems to me that the media agenda is to divide the races, (although they inadvertently threw hispanics into the "bad whitey" mix), and to push for disarming the general law-abiding population.
It's unnecessary for President Obama to be inserted into every post one makes. Unlike many, I have some understanding of what's entailed in getting a degree in journalism, and am mindful that many journalists risk life, limb and reputation daily in order to report ethically and comprehensively. This thread is not about President Obama's reaction when asked about Martin's death at a press conference, it's about the death that prompted the question. His answer was brief, tactful and honest. Reading some of the hyperbolic Republican posts would have one believing that he'd blown a trumpet and urged Blacks to riot 24/7. Nothing could be further from the truth. Politicizing the tragic loss of anyone's child is unnecessary; when emotions are high, wiser heads may voice an opinion or cite a source while being mindful that a full investigation will answer many of the legitimate questions that have been raised about this case and the way it's been handled to date.

Old 04-03-2012, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
And what kind of crap do you get your news from? Really doesn't matter where it came from, fact is a fact.
I get my news from a wide variety of sources, but I wouldn't go to a site
about economics/ business to find information about a criminal case. And actually, just because you read it somewhere doesn't mean that it's true.
Writers say that, "Paper never refuses ink." It's a good maxim to remember.

Old 04-03-2012, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
GZ didn't need a license to follow and question tm. Of course he acted within the law. If the whole issue is whether Zimmerman acted within the law when he pursued Martin, the answer is a big Yes.
Revisit the Fifth Amendment; you have the right to refuse to answer a police officer, much less a self-appointed Neighborhood Watch "captain."
Did Zimmerman act within the law? Not according to the two co-sponsors
who drafted the SYG legislation in Florida.

Old 04-03-2012, 05:31 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,911,536 times
Quote:
Revisit the Fifth Amendment; you have the right to refuse to answer a police officer, much less a self-appointed Neighborhood Watch "captain."
Did Zimmerman act within the law? Not according to the two co-sponsors
who drafted the SYG legislation in Florida.
do we know who confronted whom?

was george shadowing trayvon, waiting for the police, and approached by trayvon or did he approach trayvon? isn't that part of what the grand jury has to decide?

wasn't george's usual methodology (from his 41 pages of phone calls to the police) to call the police and try and follow "his suspects" until the police arrived?

i am not saying, just asking, because i really don't know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies