Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2012, 07:05 AM

1,063 posts, read 1,777,163 times

Advertisements

because ghost rider is an overt racist obviously...

Old 04-03-2012, 07:07 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,014,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
When I was a youth long ago, I was taught to have respect for authority and older adults. It was not unusual for an older adult to put a foot up my arse if I go out of line and it taught me to stop and listen to someone who may be older and wiser. Youth today don't seem to have the same respect for older adults, especially black youths.
Walking down the street is not being "out of line." It seems more likely that you are out of touch with reality when it comes to kids and predators. By your standards, you'd be that kid who obediently followed a sexual predator into the woods to help him find a lost puppy; your own lack of knowledge would get you killed. Children are taught to GO, RUN and YELL...it seems that Trayvon did everything right, yet ended up dead at the hands of a judgemental and biased adult.

Old 04-03-2012, 07:08 AM

957 posts, read 758,083 times
Quote:
When I was a youth long ago, I was taught to have respect for authority and older adults. It was not unusual for an older adult to put a foot up my arse if I go out of line and it taught me to stop and listen to someone who may be older and wiser. Youth today don't seem to have the same respect for older adults, especially black youths.
When I was a youth, I was told not to talk to strangers & have since passed the same advice to my own children. Zimmerman cannot lay claim to authority, as he's not a police officer.
If I were into profiling (which I'm not) I would have to think Zimmerman escaped from a mental institution, and/or is a serial killer, based on his latest photo.
One has to wonder if Trayvon had the same thoughts when this strange man was following him?

Old 04-03-2012, 07:38 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,851,320 times
George Zimmerman deserves our protection, not to be arrested. He defended his life against an attacker and did nothing wrong.

Old 04-03-2012, 07:38 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,238,044 times
Quote:
Well, if TM is like most black youth today, he had a chip on his shoulder the size of the rock of Gibraltar and probably got smart with Zimmerman. What is it with black youth thinking they don't have to answer for they're actions to anyone?
"TM is like most black youth today, he had a chip on his shoulder the size of the rock of Gibraltar"

Let's see some proof of that statement.

What about white youths or Hispanic? Do they have a chip on their shoulders?

Old 04-03-2012, 07:42 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,851,320 times
Quote:
Well, if TM is like most black youth today,
You mean was right?

Old 04-03-2012, 07:52 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,009,771 times
The press hasn't leaked all of the details so I'm thinking that Zimmerman must have a rock solid case for him not to be arrested at this point. It is very strange though that all you need is probable cause to arrest someone and three separate investigations can't come up with a single thing. But I will say, unless this information about the voice recognition is something that the feds and the SPD knew about beforehand, I expect him to be arrested any day now before 4/10

Old 04-03-2012, 07:52 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,751,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorfml View Post
because ghost rider is an overt racist obviously...
Label me as you like, but it seems every time someone on this forum takes a differing opinion to everything/anything related to ''Black'' they get labeled a racist. Good diversion and nothing but a way to discredit the poster.

Old 04-03-2012, 07:54 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,646,362 times
Quote:
Label me as you like, but it seems every time someone on this forum takes a differing opinion to everything/anything related to ''Black'' they get labeled a racist. Good diversion and nothing but a way to discredit the poster.
Can you not answer my question because I didn't tell you the race of the foul-mouthed maggot?

Old 04-03-2012, 07:58 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,751,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Walking down the street is not being "out of line." It seems more likely that you are out of touch with reality when it comes to kids and predators. By your standards, you'd be that kid who obediently followed a sexual predator into the woods to help him find a lost puppy; your own lack of knowledge would get you killed. Children are taught to GO, RUN and YELL...it seems that Trayvon did everything right, yet ended up dead at the hands of a judgemental and biased adult.
Times were much different then, and yes we were aware of strangers and ran away many times. For you to say TM did everything right is wrong, none of us have any idea what happened, so as I have said many times, I will wait out the investigation and view the results.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies