Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 08:24 AM

1,672 posts, read 1,770,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Media driven - to bring about crisis - in order to change laws, and view whites (even though Zimmerman ain't white) as racists.

This happened on 2/26. It was around until 3/19 before it became a hot topic.
And here is one of those extreme opinions I mentioned. Thank you for the quick example. Seriously, you're pointing to "information momentum" as a conspiracy?

Old 03-29-2012, 08:26 AM

3,078 posts, read 4,373,819 times
I don't think it's media driven. People are outraged for various reasons. Some see it as a white man getting off scot free for killing a black kid. Some see it as a case of police incompetence or even corruption. Some see it as a case where a guy trying to keep his neighborhood safe shot someone who deserved it. The personalities who have jumped on it like Spike Lee and Geraldo Rivera have added fodder to the controversy. And then there are those who see the media coverage itself is controversial and needs to be discussed. As long as all those groups out there continue to show interest - and they will until their is a resolution - it is going to stay in the news.

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Interesting that the funeral director did not see any evidence of a fight on Trayvon's body. Isn't this something that the coroner and forensics checks for? I wonder if they will come up with any evidence to the contrary. If Trayvon beat on Zimmerman as Zimmerman described wouldn't there be traces of blood and skin on the boy's fists? That should be the result in the forensic report.

2,010 posts, read 2,371,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Why is one needed? the funeral direcetor said that there were no signs of bruises anywhere on Trayvon. zimmerman and his so-called friend have oth been caught in numerous lies regarding zimmerman's injuries
Because the funeral director is not trained to look for cause of death and other numerous details, an ME is.

Old 03-29-2012, 08:27 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,656,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
Because the funeral director is not trained to look for cause of death and other numerous details, an ME is.
But the funeral director would be able to see things like bruised or cut knuckles.

Old 03-29-2012, 08:27 AM

1,672 posts, read 1,770,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Will the grand jury pass the racial scrutiny test?
Looks like the special prosecutor is thinking of making a decision without a grand jury. Which makes me heavily believe she is thinking of doing a non-capital charge against Zimmerman. I would find it very unlikely she would straight up drop the case without a grand jury with the current emotions running. I would 100% want a grand jury backing me up if I was looking to drop this case if the evidence warranted it.

Old 03-29-2012, 08:28 AM

3,078 posts, read 4,373,819 times
The funeral director got the body after the autopsy. If Trayvon had decked Martin there should have been damage to the boy's hands.

Old 03-29-2012, 08:28 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,111 times
Just in case anyone missed it after the merge and lock

Trayvon Martin Case: Exclusive Surveillance Video of George Zimmerman - ABC News

Old 03-29-2012, 08:29 AM

957 posts, read 757,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
This is a manufactured "tragedy" to keep the media and public from covering the Supreme Court hearings. This event occurred over a month ago. Who decided it was newsworthy?

What is more important? A court case that will impact the entire nation or some kid being shot for attacking a neighborhood watch captain doing his job?
This is precisely why it's important. Evidence as well as eye witnesses suggest otherwise & Sanford PD had already washed their hands over it.

Old 03-29-2012, 08:29 AM

754 posts, read 1,738,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
So tell us, then, what exactly do you want if you feel that "justice" has not been served? What official legal opinions do you have......and based on what evidence...... would you use to conclude that "justice" has not been served?

I'll remind you....your emotions and ill-informed opinions are not valid criteria for serving "justice."

Tell us what you know that the police, the prosecutors, and the Department of Justice don't know.

Thanks!
FACT: When Zimmerman first spotted Martin, he was in a vehicle and Martin was walking on the street.

FACT: Martin was killed on a sidewalk which clearly demonstrates that Zimmerman exited his vehicle to pursue Martin, or confront Martin.

There is no evidence, and Zimmerman has not claimed, that Martin attacked him in his car, or busted out his windows or anything of the like.

So, ignoring everything else that has been shown/mentioned (witness testimony, testimony from Martin’s girlfriend, the police video, etc). Explain to me how one claims self-defense if they were in a safe environment and chose to place themselves in harms away, without provocation?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies