Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2012, 12:11 PM

7,931 posts, read 15,820,326 times

Advertisements

Its not a circus until Al shows up....

www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YyLPWVzySA

Old 03-30-2012, 12:13 PM

70 posts, read 43,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Can you tell us what his tone of voice was when he said all those things? HAHAHAHAHA
I mean, you HEARD this, right?

I am going from the interview that Zimmerman's dad gave to a reporter yersterday. Unless Trayvon comes back from the dead and says otherwise then that is what happened.

Old 03-30-2012, 12:13 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,229,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I know I've watched a lot of TV crime dramas, but Zimmerman fits the profile of a sad, angry man whose parents are very successful and he can't put his life together. His father is a very wealthy retired Supreme Court Magistrate and his mother was Deputy Clerk of Courts. He can't even keep a job as a security guard because of his temper. This is very sad, but his anger management issues should have been addressed a long time ago. Yet Daddy or whoever kept cleaning up his boo-boos was in denial or just didn't care that chasing down drivers, shoplifters, arrests for felony assault, the restraining order from his ex, and all the other problems we haven't heard about would some day escalate to actually killing somebody.
I can just picture the Sanford police arriving on the scene, looking it over, and saying, "boy oh boy, George, you really done it this time."

Old 03-30-2012, 12:14 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
The ambulance-chasing race-mongerer threatens to start a race riot, I'm shocked.

So where is Al Sharpton's outrage over all the black kids who've been senselessly killed in Chicago this year and in years past?

Chicago loses more black kids than soldiers in Iraq to gun violence

Hence why many of us take issue with the media and others calling this man a Black Leader. If your going to speak up for victims, then dang it speak up for ALL Not matter the race of the person who committed the crime.

Old 03-30-2012, 12:15 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,129,622 times
The race baiting promoted by the media has to be seen for what it is. I'm bowing out on the bs and hope it doesnt get ugly. This fool doesnt represent the good black folks out there.

4,367 posts, read 3,483,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Hence why many of us take issue with the media and others calling this man a Black Leader. If your going to speak up for victims, then dang it speak up for ALL Not matter the race of the person who committed the crime.
But the Treyvon-Zimmerman case is about race, at least that's how its been politicized. And the fallout, which may include "civil disobedience" will also be about race.

11,186 posts, read 6,506,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Okay, so where's the evidence? Certainly if Zimmerman told the police at the scene that he had to shoot Martin because he was "struggling for the gun" they would have bagged it and taken fingerprints, no? Did he touch the gun? The holster? Did the police even check Zimmerman's clothing for blood from Martin's fists, since he claims he was pummeled, almost to death. Maybe you watch too many "Walker, Texas Ranger" reruns, but usually people who use their fists hard enough to break a nose and cause life threatening injuries would have some abrasions. Did Martin have any blood on his hands from the fight? I mean, Zimmerman claims he was bleeding profusely.
The SPD did take the gun into evidence.

This broken nose has taken on a life of its own, like skittles and iced tea. It doesn't take lots of force to break a nose. Whether or not the nose was broken, the basic issues of the physical confrontation don't change.

Old 03-30-2012, 12:16 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,195,706 times
In the checkout line yesterday I saw the cover of some magazine (People?) with the headline screaming "Tragedy in America". Of course it was the Martin kid looking out from the cover. A maybe 12-13 year old Martin! Why is the "real" present day, 17 year old not shown? To garner sympathy, that's why.

White, bleeding heart liberal Americans should just stay out of this issue. Look what you did for this country by voting in Obama, tyvm. It's non of our bee'swax what happened down there and shame on Jessie Jackson and Sharpton for getting "their" folks all riled up and shame on all the others from across the country for causing such disruption across the land. Especially those on the capital hills across America.

I am not being prejudiced either. I am commenting on what I'm seeing with my own eyes and wondering why this has never and will never happen if the victim had been anything other than black. Why do blacks still continue to play "victim"? Oh yeah, Jackson and Sharpton to name a couple. Get over it! The Irish, the Swedes/Norwegians, the Italians did and live in harmony with the rest of America. Why can't you?

Old 03-30-2012, 12:17 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
^^^^^this is what I meant^^^

Like I said, Big Perm does not speak for all Blacks. And the answer for ALL BLACKS is NOT to burn down cities or resort to Violence. Using your rational, do all WHITES kidnap and rape? Give it a break already.
Of course he doesn't speak for all black people. But he's certain to have a huge following even as he ratchets up the vitriol. Will he be the one to take responsibility when some idiot takes it too far by breaking the first window and starting the first fire?

Of course not. But he'll sure take the credit for it. And guess who will look bad because of it? Black people.

Old 03-30-2012, 12:18 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
But the Treyvon-Zimmerman case is about race, at least that's how its been politicized. And the fallout, which may include "civil disobedience" will also be about race.

Unfortunately race and bias is the same thing. It appears that Zimmerman was bias by profiling Trayvon, there's really no getting around that. BUT to say the man was totally racist is a leap without definite proof. Zimmerman apparently was a wanna be cop and unfortunately thats how cops operate, they profile. BUT, folks need to calm down, get Big Perm off the air and let the investigation and justice system move forward. All of this hollering is going to turn into another Sean Bell fiasco.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies