Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2012, 12:38 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Can't believe people have not been suspicious ...and questioned WHY the Sanford police have been soooooooo protective of Zimmerman? Was he 'their' guy?
I think that some people are listening to biased information, others just don't care, some will not have the common sense to understand and see what is obviously questionable and suspect. If Zimmerman is eventually arrested, brought to trial and found not guilty on any counts, we will have no choice but to accept the verdict even if we are not convinced...but at least have this incident follow the due process of law. It is a spit in the face of jurisprudence if this does not get thoroughly and painstakingly investigated.

Old 03-31-2012, 12:43 AM

4,367 posts, read 3,483,876 times
Hispanic Democrat George Zimmerman.

Old 03-31-2012, 12:51 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,660,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
You know, in some profound sense....that SPEAKS VOLUMES!!

Old 03-31-2012, 12:59 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
civil disobedience, refusal to obey a law or follow a policy believed to be unjust.

I don't think you understand what "Civil Disobedience" actually means.

Never read the book of the same name by Thoreau...I'm guessing.
Although I agree with you, I also think we need time to let the Federal Investigation more forward. However, I am puzzled that Zimmerman is still free, since even Jeb Bush said last week "the lack of arrest doesn't make sense to me." He added, "This law does not apply to this particular circumstance… Stand your ground means stand your ground. It doesn't mean chase after somebody who's turned his back."

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
huh? Florida has a Republican Governor and a Republican Legislature. What the heck does any of this have to do with the shooting? I often think people on this board must be kidding around just to get a rise out of others. Anyway, Zimmerman's father, the retired Supreme Court Magistrate, is a Republican, and the State Attorney who decided not to arrest him is a Republican. I doubt if anyone in the Sanford Police Department looked up his party affiliation or even if he votes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
You know, in some profound sense....that SPEAKS VOLUMES!!
Only if you are delusional.

Last edited by justNancy; 03-31-2012 at 01:20 AM..

Old 03-31-2012, 01:03 AM

9,138 posts, read 5,803,654 times
Quote:
Trayvon Martin was not stalking Zimmerman. It was the other way around. As the days progress more and more people are coming forward to reveal Zimmerman's history of violence, quick temper and erratic behavior. It was an issue and relevant as to how this might have played out. If you choose to negate it, that's your choice. His character and history are more relevant...IMO...than the expression in the eyes of the kid that his heart stopped by Zimmerman's gun.

That's how it started, but..
Zimmerman said that he was walking back
to his car when the confrontation started.
None of us, as yet, know what happened.

Old 03-31-2012, 01:06 AM

Quote:
civil disobedience, refusal to obey a law or follow a policy believed to be unjust.

I don't think you understand what "Civil Disobedience" actually means.

Never read the book of the same name by Thoreau...I'm guessing.

I don't think there's anything "civil" about what's gonna happen.
The Walgreen's that was looted by High School students is prelude.

Old 03-31-2012, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
That's how it started, but..
Zimmerman said that he was walking back
to his car when the confrontation started.
None of us, as yet, know what happened.
I agree that we don't know what actually happened. But look at a map of the development. He was very far from his car when he shot Martin. Why did he follow him all that way in the dark? Even if he never planned to harm anyone, he still should be charged with manslaughter. You can't just go around shooting people. If Martin had shot Zimmerman, would people be crying "it was self-defense?" We all know the answer to that question, don't we?

Old 03-31-2012, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
We all know the answer to that question, don't we?
You may think so, but some of us may still require the facts.

Old 03-31-2012, 01:38 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,660,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Although I agree with you, I also think we need time to let the Federal Investigation more forward. However, I am puzzled that Zimmerman is still free, since even Jeb Bush said last week "the lack of arrest doesn't make sense to me." He added, "This law does not apply to this particular circumstance… Stand your ground means stand your ground. It doesn't mean chase after somebody who's turned his back."

huh? Florida has a Republican Governor and a Republican Legislature. What the heck does any of this have to do with the shooting? I often think people on this board must be kidding around just to get a rise out of others. Anyway, Zimmerman's father, the retired Supreme Court Magistrate, is a Republican, and the State Attorney who decided not to arrest him is a Republican. I doubt if anyone in the Sanford Police Department looked up his party affiliation or even if he votes. Only if you are delusional.
So, are you a shill for Zimmerman? Are you part of a massive 'cover-up.?' hmmm.....

Old 03-31-2012, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMH2507 View Post
It may seem irrelevant to you but most people can see that a six ft tall 160 LB 17 year old might be viewed as more of a threat than a 12 year old doe eyed child. If you can't see the difference I would say that you may not be being objective.

That's the problem. Why should any 17 year old be viewed as a threat? He wasn't doing anything wrong!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies