U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2012, 12:45 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,393,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
But his son is still ALIVE
His son didn't physically attack someone who was carrying a gun for self protection.
Rate this post positively

Old 03-29-2012, 12:45 PM

4,521 posts, read 4,012,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Because the Black community produces a disproportinate amount of killers, robbers and rapers. The Black community is featured in several videos acting a fool. The Black community pushes as its image a hip hop mantra which is about instant gratification, rudeness and generally considered threatening behavior. The Black community is at the bottom of almost all of the key demographic indicators that determine a healthy community. Need I go on?

Please note any reference to "Black" in my post in specific reference to the descendents of African slaves in the USA.
Oh, yes, but of course. We all know that the black people who live in Africa are a peaceful people. They are the model for all US Blacks to strive toward.

I know some African people and they are really nice folks. That's the only thing preventing me from saying what I really want to say to you.

Old 03-29-2012, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
His son didn't physically attack someone who was carrying a gun for self protection.
Yes, because you were there. Are you still hanging on to this tired and unproven lie?

Old 03-29-2012, 12:52 PM

7,801 posts, read 9,493,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Oh, yes, but of course. We all know that the black people who live in Africa are a peaceful people. They are the model for all US Blacks to strive toward.

I know some African people and they are really nice folks. That's the only thing preventing me from saying what I really want to say to you.
Africans? Peaceful? The only time Africa was peaceful was when the King's African Rifles, la Force Publique, and der Schutztruppen kept the peace by force of arms. Once the Europeans left the place descended into anarchy (again).

Africa has perhaps the most amount of ongoing armed conflicts and the highest rate of violence on Earth.

Old 03-29-2012, 12:53 PM

4,954 posts, read 3,653,271 times
Just some facts to keep things straight. I did not witness this altercation hence, I have no judgment of anything in this matter.

Quote:
Robert J. Zimmerman served as a full-time magistrate from 2000-2006. Please be advised that in Virginia magistrates are judicial officers, but they are not considered "judges" and do not possess trial jurisdiction
Zimmerman: Dad worked as magistrate
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a troll?
Political Leanings of Publications

Old 03-29-2012, 12:54 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,195,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Yes, because you were there. Are you still hanging on to this tired and unproven lie?
When a black person is involved some will always no matter what,make it thier fault. Remember there was an entire video of Rodny King being beat and because he was black it was ignored. All the club(you know who they are) on here is doing is feeling great that this injustice has and is happening. Their hatred for Obama makes them glad that this kid was gunned down by some..........

Old 03-29-2012, 12:55 PM

Fox pulls Ben Stiller Neighborhood Watch film in wake of Martin incident | NEXTGEN FM

This actually is probably a close representation of Zimmerman's frame of mind.

Old 03-29-2012, 12:56 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,809,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohbaby View Post
I have often wondered why this whole country's history is based on lies, all lies. Then I grew up and got to work side by side with the ancestors of the writers of this history. george zimmerman got his lying from his daddy, judge zimmerman. The thing that tickles black people is when white people pretend to know the black lingo (of course when it's convenient for them). judge zimmerman should have stayed home because I don't know one black person who would of said anything close to the corny BS that came out his mouth. For the people on this post who thinks george is so innocent, if you pray at night, while you're down on your knees, ask God to replace all that envy, hatred, prejudice, and green in your hearts for black people with some love.

His story is totally unbelievable. A teenage boy with no history of violence decides to confront a strange man. According to Zimmerman's father Trayvon said "Do you have a problem with me, homie?", then says "You do now", punches him in the face, slams his head on the ground, goes for his gun and says "You're gonna die tonight". Then after Zimmerman shot him he says "you got me". That is some BS. It sounds like a poorly scripted movie.

In real life people typically don't have all these one liners while throwing punches, going for someone's gun and getting shot. Trayvon was not a mafia member, had no criminal record and no history of violence. On the same night Zimmerman allegedly had his head banged against the concrete, he was coherent enough and strong enough to pull his gun out of his holster, bring it up to Trayvon's chest, shoot him and walk away without a scratch or a bandage and what about the grass stains he was supposed to have on the back of his jacket? BS.

Old 03-29-2012, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Africans? Peaceful? The only time Africa was peaceful was when the King's African Rifles, la Force Publique, and der Schutztruppen kept the peace by force of arms. Once the Europeans left the place descended into anarchy (again).

Africa has perhaps the most amount of ongoing armed conflicts and the highest rate of violence on Earth.
Yes, but our friend Ed would have you believe that non-US blacks are a peaceful sort. Delusion in its highest form.

Old 03-29-2012, 12:57 PM

90,352 posts, read 113,737,101 times
I'm about halfway done with this thread, time to post some responses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Don't ask me the questions. Tell me why you don't think justice has been served. Afterall, you made the claim. I'm ready to hear your reasoning.

The fact of the matter is that you are 1 of thousands of people who have let emotions obscure rational thinking. The only rational thinking that should be put forth is the thinking that allows Constitutionally protected due process play itself out. Don't you think that with the DOJ involved there would be a quick and swift charge if it were so cut and dried as you and your cohorts make it out to be? Who actually gains from delaying charges if those charges are inevitable? Certainly not the police! So why would they delay? There's no logical reason....which seems to point to a very weak case.

I've said all along that the rush to judgement in this case is a showcase of shame for America. Don't be apart of that crowd.
It is hardly "rational" to think that shooting an unarmed person one has been following after told not to deserves no investigation by the local police.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
I have no idea why. They refuse to look at the fact that there is no blood, no swelling, no bandages, he is walking fine, he is calm, he looks totally not injured.

But they zone in on a poorly enhanced zoom showing a line in the head, ignoring everything else.

If that, was indeed, the gash that "needed stitches", it would be bandaged. Police would be wearing gloves.
^^This, in the bold. Virtually "everyone" in police and health professions is taught to wear gloves when touching body fluids of another person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Like I said in a previous thread, I'm not so sure about this case anymore. Zimmerman did call the police, and I do think you have a right to ask someone you have never seen before what they are doing on your property, or in this case, in your complex (especially if you are part of a NW group). People say that the kid's past doesn't matter, I disagree. This is essentially a credibility issue. Zimmerman is no saint, but if the kid does have a history of burglary and assault then I do think that matters. As for the injuries on Zimmerman, nobody can accurately assess anyone's injuries from a surveillance camera, especially if Zimmerman was treated on the scene before he was taken into custody.
Trayvon Martin had no juvenile record whatsoever. He had a history of school suspensions, none for assualt that I am aware of. Since he was a total stranger to Zimmerman, none of that matters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I'm actually in your boat. I'm not so sure either but I still maintain there is not enough here for an arrest. I also think the kid's background plus Zimmerman's account of him are key and folks are simply glossing iver it.

His father and girlfriend were not home. He was going to be staying there for an extended period of time serving out a 10 day suspension. I think it's quite possible that when Zimmerman observed him he was casing homes to burglarize during his "down time" later in the week when everyone was at work.

I think seeing this man following him he wasn't so much afraid as angry. So things just jumped off from there.
It's shocking that you would think fatally shooting someone unarmed and unknown to the shooter should not result in an arrest. Note that arrest does not mean conviction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.