Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 01:27 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,909,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
"His failure to respond to three letters sent to the White House was because there was no "political value" and not worthy of a few minutes of his time.
They spoke out as teenager Shawn Tyson began a life sentence after being found guilty of the murder of James Cooper and James Kouzaris last April."

Parents of murdered British students criticise Barack Obama - Telegraph

The apologists will come out of the woodwork, but this is simply disgraceful.
Justice was done here. There was an investigation, a trial and a conviction. The police did their job in this case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2012, 01:29 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,686,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
Justice was done here. There was an investigation, a trial and a conviction. The police did their job in this case.
No one is arguing otherwise.

Old 03-29-2012, 01:38 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,593,657 times
Quote:
Of course Obama elects to insert himself in some muders and not others. As the family of the murdered tourists correctly point out, he inserts himself for political gain. Of course he wouldn't respond to the tourists family, there was nothing for him in it.
Here's an idea:

Why don't YOU send a letter of condolence to the British family?

What's that you say..."I'm not to blame for the murder"?

Hmmm...who's to blame? Oh yeah, the person sitting in prison right now.

But, you are SO SORRY, right? So, send 'em a sympathy card. Let them know that SOME Americans have a little class...

Old 03-29-2012, 01:39 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,038,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post

The conservatives want to see Obama express his sympathy to the parents. They see it as hypocrisy that he didn't--because of the beer summit and Trayvon Martin, and call him a political opportunist.

Never mind that the White House gets millions of letters a day.

Old 03-29-2012, 01:40 PM

8,012 posts, read 11,351,100 times
lol at siding with the british over president obama...smh.

Old 03-29-2012, 01:47 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,375,906 times
Quote:
Of course not. They saw a guy trying to get into a house without a key. I appeared to the cop this person was breaking into a house.
Not quite.

The cops were responding to a call from a nosy neighbor who called them because she incorrectly assumed she was witnessing a guy breaking into a home.

She was wrong.

Quote:
When he asked the home owner for identification, the home owner refused. The cop did everything right, the professor was a confrontational jerk.
The home owner was on his own property, committing no offense. He explained it to the cops. They kept pressing, he pressed back, they hauled him away.

Dumb move.

Guy at his own place, doing nothing wrong shouldn't be hassled/arrested by cops dispatched for a bogus call.

Old 03-29-2012, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Here's an idea:

Why don't YOU send a letter of condolence to the British family?

What's that you say..."I'm not to blame for the murder"?

Hmmm...who's to blame? Oh yeah, the person sitting in prison right now.

But, you are SO SORRY, right? So, send 'em a sympathy card. Let them know that SOME Americans have a little class...
Unfortunately I don't think my letter would carry the same weight.

I am not sure why it matters who committed the murder. Clearly Obama doesn't think so. He recently got nvolved in a politically charged murder case.

Old 03-29-2012, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Not quite.

The cops were responding to a call from a nosy neighbor who called them because she incorrectly assumed she was witnessing a guy breaking into a home.

She was wrong.

The home owner was on his own property, committing no offense. He explained it to the cops. They kept pressing, he pressed back, they hauled him away.

Dumb move.

Guy at his own place, doing nothing wrong shouldn't be hassled/arrested by cops dispatched for a bogus call.
Lol, that's exactly what I said, the Professir was attempting to enter the house without the benefit of a key. Instead of producing evidence that he was the homeowner he chose confrontation.

Old 03-29-2012, 01:55 PM

24,261 posts, read 14,112,263 times
Quote:
Unfortunately I don't think my letter would carry the same weight.

I am not sure why it matters who committed the murder. Clearly Obama doesn't think so. He recently got nvolved in a politically charged murder case.
Can you post links to all of this involvement? I saw 1 statement at the end of a press conference, in answer to a question asked by a reporter.

Old 03-29-2012, 01:56 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,038,972 times
Go on line, type in "How many letters does the Whitehouse receive in a day? You get this:

How many letters does the White House mail receive in a day

The White House receives about 40,000 pieces of mail a week. (The First Lady's office separately gets about 5,000 pieces weekly.) All mail is processed first at a nearby military base where it is opened and examined prior to being forwarded to the White House staff for disposition. The response time for White House correspondence is therefore slower than people might expect.

The number of e-mails the White House gets is significantly greater than even those numbers, and can spike during contentious political fights to tens of thousands a day.

40,000 divided by 7 = 5,714.2857 per day. Wow, that's a lot of reading.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies