U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-29-2012, 02:37 PM
 
Location: Hoboken
19,891 posts, read 16,335,494 times
Reputation: 3123

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Then maybe you should start a nasty thread filled with phony outrage.

Of course this thread is factual. Who said I'm outraged? I do think it is shameful, but have come to expect this kind of thing from Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-29-2012, 02:39 PM
 
Location: Hoboken
19,891 posts, read 16,335,494 times
Reputation: 3123
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Is there proof that he even saw the letter? Do you know how many letters are received daily? Do you have any idea how many hands they go through?
Do you know how many actually end up in his hands?

OR...are you just assuming that since letters were sent, that they went right through to his desk, and were given high priority?

He is responsible for what happens in his administration. If he wants to take the credit for things like Seal team 6 getting Bin Laden then he has to accept the blame for things like this.

By the way, I suspect the young woman involved in the imbroglio with Limbaugh didn't contact him, nor did the family of the kid in Florida.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-29-2012, 02:45 PM
 
4,043 posts, read 3,007,048 times
Reputation: 1952
Are true narcissists actually capable of feeling "shame?" Seriously, now.

I never dreamed I would see even the most lib or "hip" president put his middle finger up on the side of his face and flip-off another candidate in public, but BO did that. (The now-defunct TV show "Lie To Me" even got it, and used that clip in one of their shows shortly after he did so.)

Nah....shame for this guy is not likely and maybe impossible.

Body language is truly a science. His screams beyond arrogance to self-worship, even. The ods of cameras being able to catch someone as powerful as a president with that nose artificially-high in the air as if catching insects THIS many times, are very low.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-29-2012, 02:48 PM
 
Location: Middle of nowhere
20,332 posts, read 10,467,447 times
Reputation: 7964
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
He is responsible for what happens in his administration. If he wants to take the credit for things like Seal team 6 getting Bin Laden then he has to accept the blame for things like this.

By the way, I suspect the young woman involved in the imbroglio with Limbaugh didn't contact him, nor did the family of the kid in Florida.
The kid in Florida was commented on because Obama was asked a direct question at the end of a press conference. The other one, probably because it was involved in a huge case that had to do with the healthcare law, and rush is a national radio host.

How is he responsible for knowing every piece of mail that is sent to the white house?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-29-2012, 02:52 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
12,764 posts, read 7,837,169 times
Reputation: 13083
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
That of course makes no sense.

Obama is a world leader, who picks and chooses which events to comment on. It just so happens that he only comments on situations that benefit him politically.
Oh, definitely!

Just like Romney, Gingrich, Santorum, and Paul!

Just like the mayor of my township when he's up for re-election!

Who'da thunk?

Poor me, I always thought that when someone becomes President of the USA time begins to stretch out for that person...a day lasts a month...a year, a decade. After all, it HAS TO! There is just so much going on in a country of 300 million, not even counting the rest of the world! The President needs all that time to respond to every single global event; every single interaction between two people; every single interaction among all groups.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-29-2012, 03:02 PM
 
Location: Hoboken
19,891 posts, read 16,335,494 times
Reputation: 3123
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
The kid in Florida was commented on because Obama was asked a direct question at the end of a press conference. The other one, probably because it was involved in a huge case that had to do with the healthcare law, and rush is a national radio host.

How is he responsible for knowing every piece of mail that is sent to the white house?
That's the point isn't it? Obama only inserts himself into subjects for political gain.

As for the mail bit, I have answered that. Please re read the post you responded to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-29-2012, 03:04 PM
 
Location: Hoboken
19,891 posts, read 16,335,494 times
Reputation: 3123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Oh, definitely!

Just like Romney, Gingrich, Santorum, and Paul!

Just like the mayor of my township when he's up for re-election!

Who'da thunk?

Poor me, I always thought that when someone becomes President of the USA time begins to stretch out for that person...a day lasts a month...a year, a decade. After all, it HAS TO! There is just so much going on in a country of 300 million, not even counting the rest of the world! The President needs all that time to respond to every single global event; every single interaction between two people; every single interaction among all groups.

Apparently you are correct, he got involved in a spat betwee two private citizens. He inserted himself into an ongoing investigation, he is hanging with LMFAO and to top it all off, he can fit in 50 plus rounds of golf.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-29-2012, 03:08 PM
 
Location: Middle of nowhere
20,332 posts, read 10,467,447 times
Reputation: 7964
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
That's the point isn't it? Obama only inserts himself into subjects for political gain.

As for the mail bit, I have answered that. Please re read the post you responded to.
A military operation, and a murder case. Yep no difference.
How many murders are there every day in this country?
How many huge military operations?
Which do you think he would be responsible for knowing about?

Do you think he sits and reads accounts of every murder in this country? I didn't even vote for him, but understand that is not part of his job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-29-2012, 03:12 PM
 
Location: Hoboken
19,891 posts, read 16,335,494 times
Reputation: 3123
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
A military operation, and a murder case. Yep no difference.
How many murders are there every day in this country?
How many huge military operations?
Which do you think he would be responsible for knowing about?

Do you think he sits and reads accounts of every murder in this country? I didn't even vote for him, but understand that is not part of his job.

Yikes, You don't get that they are the same principle? If he can claim credit for the successes that happen during his Presidency, he has to accept the failures as well. In this instance the failure to respond to the letters of a slain foreign national.

I didn't mention that he should be aware of the murders but the letters. Sheesh.

By the way, I would be fairly certain the State Department is aware of every murder on US soil of foreign nationals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-29-2012, 03:16 PM
 
Location: Hoboken
19,891 posts, read 16,335,494 times
Reputation: 3123
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
The kid in Florida was commented on because Obama was asked a direct question at the end of a press conference. The other one, probably because it was involved in a huge case that had to do with the healthcare law, and rush is a national radio host.

How is he responsible for knowing every piece of mail that is sent to the white house?
Well that's the point isn't it? Obama got involved because it had a political advantage for him.

I have already answered the mail bit. Re read the post you responded to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top