Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2012, 11:21 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,528,510 times

Advertisements

Qualityguy, so you're tempting me to be totally off-topic here? Duude....at least tie the two subjects together. Okay, I'll try....

I do not see any evidence that Zimmerman committed a hate crime. I don't have all of the facts but I sure as heck am learning more about both him and the younger fella. They both have some behavior issues in their recent past.

If....if we are getting some truths about it, Zimmerman could have provoked the kid by following him.

We need to get truth and confidence with it that we can believe what we are getting, ya know? Right now we've got the left milking this thing in honestly inciteful ways and since this is an election year and we have a black candidate it's not clear who in the news really knows, and I don't trust ANY of them, yet.

Granny was absolutely wrong if that newsstory's got it right and didn't leave something glaring out.

Zimmerman....it's good that there's another investigation of this going on, IF that's true, but I sure as heck don't trust the Racist, Holder upon hearing that the "justice" dept. is interested in it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2012, 11:27 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,659,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
Qualityguy, so you're tempting me to be totally off-topic here? Duude....at least tie the two subjects together. Okay, I'll try....

I do not see any evidence that Zimmerman committed a hate crime. I don't have all of the facts but I sure as heck am learning more about both him and the younger fella. They both have some behavior issues in their recent past.

If....if we are getting some truths about it, Zimmerman could have provoked the kid by following him.

We need to get truth and confidence with it that we can believe what we are getting, ya know? Right now we've got the left milking this thing in honestly inciteful ways and since this is an election year and we have a black candidate it's not clear who in the news really knows, and I don't trust ANY of them, yet.

Granny was absolutely wrong if that newsstory's got it right and didn't leave something glaring out.

Zimmerman....it's good that there's another investigation of this going on, IF that's true, but I sure as heck don't trust the Racist, Holder upon hearing that the "justice" dept. is interested in it.
OK, Sorry to git ya adrift. You handled it fairly diplomatic style.

A Dynamic Christian friend, who has 'seen' things God has shown her, told me last night....He's Guilty as Sin.

Anyway, I believe he is Toooooooo!!

As for Granny, think she has 'style' too.

Old 03-31-2012, 11:35 PM

30,345 posts, read 51,930,608 times
Quote:
I have a copy of The Bible from the Ancient, Eastern Text from the Aramaic of the Pe****ta, to English. It says the same things the KJV does but with richer, fuller language and clearer, also.
I looked up these scripture that are referenced on this page to see if they indeed do say what is claimed, here...
Scripture Catholic - HOMOSEXUALITY

It clearly says in New as well as Old Testament that a man lieing with another man is a perversion, etc.
Do you speak Hebrew, or are you relying on translations? I'm not fluent in Hebrew, but do speak enough to understand most of the Biblical language - and not only is the wording different than you claim, but interpretations are varied and conflicting from all sides. The most popular belief is that "shall not lie with a man AS WITH a woman" means OR WITH, according to the usual translation of such a phrase from ancient language. I could find another link contradicting what your link claims, but that would be pointless and would prove nothing in the end.

This reminds me of the frequent misunderstanding of Shakespeare's famous line "Romeo, Romeo. Wherefore art thou, o Romeo?" Sooooo many people think that means where are you, Romeo, when it actually meant why are you Romeo, as in why must you be a member of the family my family hates so strongly?

Regardless, the fact that you can find multiple translations and interpretations of these Biblical passages proves only one thing - that you cannot take those words as having only one possible meaning, and that there are no absolutes when it comes to interpreting the Bible. We all have our opinions, but nothing can be said as 100% this or that. Sorry for the religious off-topic rant, LOL.

Old 03-31-2012, 11:36 PM

If that's what you call style then I'm glad I'm void of it. Granny's a shameful, old fart, but then they did say the two houses have a "history" and she's apparently very upset that one of her own bloodline is living at THAT house. *(If we can find a level of confidence about the Zimmer story, if ONLY we can get past the emotions and inciteful rhetoric we just may have our suspicions confirmed.)

Old 03-31-2012, 11:39 PM

P.S. The word "homosexual" doesn't even exist in Hebrew, and I don't think the word "perversion" is present in the Hebrew text either (as far as I recall). Why didn't my Rabbi ever teach us homosexuality was an abomination? Are you saying he was wrong, and you know more than a theological scholar?

Old 03-31-2012, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Do you speak Hebrew, or are you relying on translations? I'm not fluent in Hebrew, but do speak enough to understand most of the Biblical language - and not only is the wording different than you claim, but interpretations are varied and conflicting from all sides. The most popular belief is that "shall not lie with a man AS WITH a woman" means OR WITH, according to the usual translation of such a phrase from ancient language. I could find another link contradicting what your link claims, but that would be pointless and would prove nothing in the end.

This reminds me of the frequent misunderstanding of Shakespeare's famous line "Romeo, Romeo. Wherefore art thou, o Romeo?" Sooooo many people think that means where are you, Romeo, when it actually meant why are you Romeo, as in why must you be a member of the family my family hates so strongly?

Regardless, the fact that you can find multiple translations and interpretations of these Biblical passages proves only one thing - that you cannot take those words as having only one possible meaning, and that there are no absolutes when it comes to interpreting the Bible. We all have our opinions, but nothing can be said as 100% this or that. Sorry for the religious off-topic rant, LOL.

Gizmo, nothing wrong with your rant on religion since this thread's subject is one that often brings religion into it, so do not apologize.

You do not have a Hebrew bible that does not say what all of those scriptures say. I know about mistranslation problems and I also know the beauty of the Pesh!!ta being directly from the Armaic. I also know that good 'ole KJV wasn't so messed up that it added homosexuality misunderstandings in the old AND new testament that many times.

There's stories of two angels appearing at a house and some men just about knocked the door down wanting to have sex with the angels. There's a lot more reference to homosexuality in the bible than most people know about. They are not all mistranslations, not at all. That's why I grabbed my Aramaic version because I know what an excellent job was done on it.

Then I do have a couple of Jewish friends, and one is an elderly gentleman and if the bibles in my house were shot full of holes by his knowledge and life's experiences then I'd know about it by now.
He is the person that brought the Aramaic from the Pesh!!ta to my attention many years ago.

Old 03-31-2012, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
The little old lady has had at least one stroke, maybe more. They will affect people, and sometimes they do act irrationally. He is an actor, and he is living with his mommy.
It was still an unnecessary attack on him, as you were using those details... implying that he's acting and embellishing the story, despite the fact that witnesses (including the woman's own son) have collaborated/supported him? I guess you know more than people who were actually there?

Quote:
All my points are valid.
Not really... is it "valid" to say somebody should fear their son getting AIDS from a roommate? Is it valid to say religious/personal beliefs are a fair explanation for violence? I don't think so.

Quote:
You can have your opinion, I can have mine. I gave a few possible scenarios and you publicly attack me. You are not a very tolerant person.

Everyone does have the right to an opinion, and the Constitution says I have the right to speak.
When did I EVER say you don't have the right to speak your opinion, and how was I being intolerant? I have a right to respond to your opinion, so if anyone's being "intolerant" it's you. But really that word doesn't apply anywhere in this conversation, so I'm not even sure if you know its meaning.

Old 03-31-2012, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
P.S. The word "homosexual" doesn't even exist in Hebrew, and I don't think the word "perversion" is present in the Hebrew text either (as far as I recall). Why didn't my Rabbi ever teach us homosexuality was an abomination? Are you saying he was wrong, and you know more than a theological scholar?
Not even your Rabbi needed his theological education to know that it's unnatural, that it's a perversion of nature. Just as our constitution wisely said, "we hold these truths to be self-evident," many things truly are.

Very oversimplified example is...one plus one equals two. How do you know this?

You can see it/know it for yourself.

Old 03-31-2012, 11:51 PM

11,289 posts, read 26,191,557 times
Duh, this is the meaning of "hate crime".

Old 04-01-2012, 12:00 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,659,647 times
Quote:
Not even your Rabbi needed his theological education to know that it's unnatural, that it's a perversion of nature. Just as our constitution wisely said, "we hold these truths to be self-evident," many things truly are.

Very oversimplified example is...one plus one equals two. How do you know this?

You can see it/know it for yourself.
I was going to refer him to the scripture verse which states >

2 Corinthians 3:6 - Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

God confirms His Word.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies