Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 12:46 PM

152 posts, read 150,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
WOW. I live like in between those 2 cities. I always go to Franklin my mother is a teacher up there and Seneca is where my SIL works and we had thought about moving to. My goodness. Talk about hitting home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2012, 12:48 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,119,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
Again, what hypocrisy? Are forumites saying these guys should escape any hate crime charges?
They're not saying anything at all! That's the point. Compare this thread to the homosexual/granny fight thread. You'll see exactly what i'm talking about.

It's called hypocrisy and selective reasoning. Just because you don't want to acknowledge it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Old 03-30-2012, 12:49 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,536,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Shouldn't the defenders of hate crime laws being clamoring with outrage over this crime? Of course they should....but instead they'd rather go nuts over a 70 year old woman beating a homosexual with a cane to show their vociferous defense of hate crimes. A white man beaten by black thugs? Not so much.

That's the point.

So the defenders in this thread NOW are negated because what again???? This was a hate crime, South Carolina does not have a Hate Crime statute for what ever reason. The case was sent to the FBI. But here's the most important kicker. The accused are in CUSTODY.

Old 03-30-2012, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
So the defenders in this thread NOW are negated because what again???? This was a hate crime, South Carolina does not have a Hate Crime statute for what ever reason. The case was sent to the FBI. But here's the most important kicker. The accused are in CUSTODY.
All four of you should be commended.

Old 03-30-2012, 12:52 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,645,078 times
Quote:
Actually, i'm not bitter at all. The more liberal hypocrisy raises its ugly head, the more important it becomes to expose it and hold people accountable for it.
You are doing neither, don't kid yourself.

Old 03-30-2012, 12:55 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,536,673 times
Quote:
All four of you should be commended.

I just read the Granny story and it was a hate crime. The law is the law. If a Black assaults someone while making racial statements and if hate crime is on the books they need to be charged. If the Prosecutor fails in doing so, it is up to the the citizens to hold him or her accountable.

Old 03-30-2012, 12:56 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,645,078 times
Quote:
FBI statistics are irrelevant to the culture of this forum. I'm merely pointing out the hypocrisy espoused by the liberal on this forum.

If I were going to rail against hate crime statistics, then I would have done so with data to back it up. That's not the point.
Can you give an example?
I don't see any hypocrisy.

Old 03-30-2012, 12:56 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,473,842 times
Quote:
They're not saying anything at all! That's the point. Compare this thread to the homosexual/granny fight thread. You'll see exactly what i'm talking about.

It's called hypocrisy and selective reasoning. Just because you don't want to acknowledge it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
Dude. The people are in the other thread inflaming each other. There has yet to be one person in this thread that has stated that this shouldn't be a hate crime. The only one going off is you. It's like you are yelling at a wall.

In a thread started by EdwardA (no surprise) stating that that particular hate crime shouldn't be a hate crime even though it fits all the parameters for a hate crime, had anti-hate crime supporters like yourself rushing to condemn the gay guy that got beat with a cane. You even called "liberals" limpwristed if I recall correctly. Hell, even one the people on "your side" in this thread right here claimed that hate crimes don't exist in his universe in the other thread while screaming hate crime at the top of his lungs here. In my opinion, neither should even be a topic in this forum because there is no controversy. It is just more of the same "look at what (insert group I what to mischaracterized) did!

Old 03-30-2012, 12:58 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,203,370 times
This should be charged as a hate crime. Since SC does not have hate crime laws, maybe that is why they sent it to the FEDs.
I still don't see any hypocrisy...

Old 03-30-2012, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
Yep, sounds like a hate crime. And the perps have been charged. Anything else?
Yep, plenty. Go look at the other threads and the number of comments.

Black and/or homosexual? Plenty of outrage.

Straight white male? Crickets.

It's called hypocrisy to the nth degree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies