Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 06:16 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Eh? The other posts of the OP that I read says he's a 22 year old living with his father in a house he's going to "own" some day.
You know what, i am P.O. right now, i hate people who play games, i tell you i really do.

I know and sorry guy, but please do not email me, and say something different in my eamil, then you have stated in your post. I hate that, that is lying.
Question, why do you tell me in a email, that you are 22 but stated in your post, your a senior, i don't like this crap, sorry but i don't.

Are you 22 or a senior really, i hate people who play games, honestly, i am done with this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2012, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
There was nothing to indicate 'sarcasm' in the post.

Many, many folks feel that there is 'merit' in tongue-n-cheek posts like these, while others 'fail' to see the humor.

One other point .. If so many young folks feel that the older folks don't care about their future .. 'why' is it that they tend to 'overlook' the fact that the Obama administration is spending theirs and their children's future away?
(Do these young folks actually 'believe' that Obamacare will be paid out of pocket .. by Obama?)
DAMN good question, why do people not care about this or their children's future. Obama administration, is definitely spending it away, but, i'm sure they can explain it away.

Old 04-01-2012, 06:20 PM

2,836 posts, read 3,495,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
Wendell Phillips
You've sent these "quotes" off to Obama and the Democrats?
The writings of John Ruskin epitomize what is wanted, what is needed, what is required. Indeed, must it be so, for the true greatness of a nation shall not be measured by its wealth or power, but by the way it provides for the welfare of its people.

Old 04-01-2012, 06:22 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
You know what, i am P.O. right now, i hate people who play games, i tell you i really do.

I know and sorry guy, but please do not email me, and say something different in my eamil, then you have stated in your post. I hate that, that is lying.
Question, why do you tell me in a email, that you are 22 but stated in your post, your a senior, i don't like this crap, sorry but i don't.

Are you 22 or a senior really, i hate people who play games, honestly, i am done with this.
Are you talking to me or the OP? I've never claimed to be either a senior or a 22 year old kid.

???

Old 04-01-2012, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Are you talking to me or the OP? I've never claimed to be either a senior or a 22 year old kid.

???

No not you, the OP he emailed me, and said sorry. But i don't believe in games, not on this site, or in your life He says he is 22 but in is post, underneath it states him as a senior, well which one is it really?
But come to think of it, how old are you? lol

Sorry, i just thought you would know what i meant.

Old 04-01-2012, 06:29 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
No not you, the OP he emailed me, and said sorry. But i don't believe in games, not on this site, or in your life He says he is 22 but in is post, underneath it states him as a senior, well which one is it really?
But come to think of it, how old are you? lol

Sorry, i just thought you would know what i meant.
I'm doing well! Although you are still living in my favorite place on earth...but we won't discuss my jealousy here.

Old 04-01-2012, 06:35 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,834,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendell Phillips View Post
The writings of John Ruskin epitomize what is wanted, what is needed, what is required. Indeed, must it be so, for the true greatness of a nation shall not be measured by its wealth or power, but by the way it provides for the welfare of its people.
Since we are doing quotes ..
Quote:
“Bad men cannot make good citizens."

” Self-governing requires individual citizens govern their own behavior first and foremost".
Patrick Henry

Old 04-01-2012, 06:59 PM

2,836 posts, read 3,495,723 times
I doubt that there are many Americans that have the self-dicipline to "govern their own behavior first or foremost" - much less govern the behavior of others.

Old 04-01-2012, 07:07 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,594,911 times
People for the most part have ALWAYS been out for themselves......this includes the Gr**dy G**zer crowd.

That is supposedly why we have crud called politicians..........to make hard decisions about things that are unpopular among Amerit**ds in general.

Do you think that someone who is recieving B*by M**ma B**efits is going to agree to a cutback in said benefits.........LOL.

Last edited by tickyul; 04-01-2012 at 08:04 PM..

Old 04-01-2012, 07:08 PM

2,861 posts, read 3,850,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sturmgeist View Post
Back in the old days they actually cared about future generations, now they just feel entitled and it's all me me me, screw the grand kids.

If you're past 65 years old and you need an organ transplant of any kind you shouldn't get it unless there are no younger candidates in need, also no 100s of thousand-millions$$$ worth of treatment for you unless you pay out of pocket. Seriously they should be given a big bag of heroin so they can live out their last days comfortably but don't burden society with extremely expensive end/near-end of life care and die like a man, with dignity.
Why start eliminating candidates at at 65 ? Expanding on the OP's suggested approach, the transplant priority list could be sorted by age....and the youngest candidates could always get the organ... no? This would be simple for the state to administer, in fact no one would need be involved in the decisions. It would simply require a computer to sort, reprioritize, and publish the list each time a candidate was identified.

Further beauty of this 'accelerated' approach would be that the government will save even more medical costs of the sick and aging .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies