Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 02:06 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
Exactly. It's good to see there are still folks out there who haven't bought into the "diversity" and "multiculturalism" agenda. I come from Irish/Italian stock and I do not wish to dilute it!

My kids will not have identity issues and they will be taught to be proud of their heritage so they can pass it down to their children.
Right, because Italians are "pure"

Sorry to inform you but it was just a short swim across the Mediterranean to Africa...just saying
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2012, 02:07 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,097,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Would you disown your kid if they married out of their race??
No way. As a libertarian, I feel that people should be free to marry whoever they like. And blood is blood, no matter what the circumstances.

With that being said, I will teach my children to take pride in their European heritage. That may seem "crazy" to some of the sheeple out there, but as a free man, I have certain preferences and I do not force my beliefs on others.

Old 04-01-2012, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserkr View Post
Same here Tim. Seems like Asians are doing the same and kudo's to them for it. Nothing better to see than folks sticking together despite the overwhelming political correctness war to mix. I love waking up every morning and seeing my beautiful children who resemble me in skin tone and facial features.
Really? Maybe someone should tell all of the Asian women married to White men because I don't think that they got that memo.

Old 04-01-2012, 02:09 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,449,121 times
Quote:
No way. As a libertarian, I feel that people should be free to marry whoever they like. And blood is blood, no matter what the circumstances.

With that being said, I will teach my children to take pride in their European heritage. That may seem "crazy" to some of the sheeple out there, but as a free man, I have certain preferences and I do not force my beliefs on others.

You seem to want to force your Stromfrontesque beliefs on your kids...

Old 04-01-2012, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Right, because Italians are "pure"

Sorry to inform you but it was just a short swim across the Mediterranean to Africa...just saying
Where did I mention purity?

There is no "pure" European people. Celts mixed with Franks, Saxons, Angles, etc. My grandfather was Black Irish (Spanish blood via the Armada) and my grandmother was Sicilian (Norman, Viking, Arab, Greek, etc.).

That is why Europeans are the most phenotypically diverse peoples in the world. Red hair, brown hair, black hair, blonde hair. Blue eyes, brown eyes, green eyes, hazel eyes, etc. etc. etc.

I'm assuming you people don't know much about European history, based on your reaction to my "Irish/Italian stock" comment.

Old 04-01-2012, 02:10 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,472,864 times
I think it is funny how people are accusing other people of mixing because they want to adhere to political correctness. Do you guys even read what you are typing?

Resemble skin tone ad facial features. lol. If its your kid, they are going to resemble one way or another.

Old 04-01-2012, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
You seem to want to force your Stromfrontesque beliefs on your kids...
I will educate my children, not the "state".

With that being said, they will be free to choose whatever partner they want.

And no, I am not afraid to be proud of my European heritage. The PC walls are caving in and I sense panic.

Your ad hominem attack is a sign of logical weakness. I suggest you take a course in critical reasoning so you can avoid such mistakes in the future.

Old 04-01-2012, 02:12 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,991,168 times
Quote:
But Asian-Americans are bucking that trend, increasingly choosing their soul mates from among their own expanding community.
So this means Asian-Americans are racist then.

Old 04-01-2012, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Where did I mention purity?

There is no "pure" European people. Celts mixed with Franks, Saxons, Angles, etc. My grandfather was Black Irish (Spanish blood via the Armada) and my grandmother was Sicilian (Norman, Viking, Arab, Greek, etc.).

That is why Europeans are the most phenotypically diverse peoples in the world. Red hair, brown hair, black hair, blonde hair. Blue eyes, brown eyes, green eyes, hazel eyes, etc. etc. etc.

I'm assuming you people don't know much about European history, based on your reaction to my "Irish/Italian stock" comment.
Your comment regarding diluting your "Irish/Italian" stock reflected your lack of knowledge.

Old 04-01-2012, 02:13 PM

2,093 posts, read 4,695,886 times
Quote:
Care to elaborate?
I don't want to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies