Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2012, 07:03 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,559,730 times

Advertisements

This is basically the occupy movement, taking another form. They want to go into local communities and organize to their liking. Their liking includes knocking on doors using phrases such as racial and social justice. They talk about civil disobedience, and showing up at shareholder meeting for the banks and select corporations.
I don't like it, sounds like Agenda 21 clothed in sweet utopian rhetoric, or Communism.
Meetings are to be held nationwide, in homes, April 9-15th.
Bill Moyers did an entire program with them today.

The 99% Spring | On April 9th-15th, 100,000 Americans will train for non-violent direct action. We are the 99% Spring.

The main organizer is George Goehl, from The Nation
George Goehl | The Nation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2012, 07:17 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,120,288 times
Anything to disrupt the corrupt government organization we have in place today.

Old 04-01-2012, 07:44 PM

45,203 posts, read 26,417,923 times
When they protest to "reclaim the country" from the government, they will get my support.
Unfortunately they want use government to redistribute wealth, so they are actually part of the problem.

Old 04-01-2012, 08:36 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times
If they would exercise their protest at the ballot box and vote out the shucksters in office I would support them too. Sadly they are just being the "useful idiots" that Karl Marx talked about.

Old 04-01-2012, 10:46 PM

4,003 posts, read 10,836,916 times
They really need to drop the 99% moniker. Most of us could care less about their whining. Some people are really rich, get over it.

Old 04-02-2012, 03:24 AM

4,437 posts, read 4,865,092 times
As many here know I have been involved with the Occupy Movement from day one and this group is not the Occupy Movement , it is a front group for the Democratic Party that is trying to co-op the Occupy Movement to get their candidates elected.
The Occupy Movement has worked very hard to steer clear of either of the two major parties because as we all know they are both bought and owned by the corporations.

Old 04-02-2012, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
As many here know I have been involved with the Occupy Movement from day one and this group is not the Occupy Movement , it is a front group for the Democratic Party that is trying to co-op the Occupy Movement to get their candidates elected.
The Occupy Movement has worked very hard to steer clear of either of the two major parties because as we all know they are both bought and owned by the corporations.
I don't think Occupy was real to begin with. These kind of people were always behind it, in the shadows. Anonymously

Old 04-02-2012, 11:14 AM

5,419 posts, read 9,193,173 times
Glad I live in a small town, that way I don't have to deal with idiots knocking on my door. I'd just shut it in their faces anyway.

Old 04-02-2012, 12:52 PM

If only it were that easy, Jordan. This is what we are up against.

Quote:
In most communities, your mayor, city council members and county commissioners are automatically members of national organizations like the National Conference of Mayors, National League of Cities, and the national associations for city council members, and the same for commissioners. Those in the state government also have the National Governors Association and state legislators have their national organization. For the past fifteen years or more, each and every one of these national organizations have been promoting Sustainable Development. The National Mayors Conference and the Governors Association have been leaders in this agenda, many times working directly with UN organizations to promote the policy. This is the message your local elected leaders hear; from the podium; from fellow officials from other communities; from “experts” they’ve been told to respect; in committee meetings; from dinner speakers; from literature they are given at such meetings. They are told of legislation that will be soon be implemented, and they are even provided sample legislation to introduce in their communities. There is also a second horde involved in the sustainablist invasion – state and federal agency officials including EPA agents; air and water quality agents; Interior Department officials, HUD officials, energy officials, Commerce Department officials, and on and on – all targeting your locally elected officials with policy, money, regulations, reports, special planning boards, meetings, and conferences, all promoting the exact same agenda.

And don’t forget the news media, both locally and nationally, also promoting the Sustainablist agenda, attacking anyone not going along, ready to quickly use the “extremist” label. The message is clear – Sustainable Development is reality – politically correct, necessary, unquestionable, and it has consensus.
but there are ways to fight back
Agenda 21 - How to fight back!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies