Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 10:36 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,447,778 times

Advertisements

This supportive activity by Village Voice is wrong.

What Rush Limbaugh said was wrong.

What the Church did with pedophelia cover-ups within their ranks was wrong.

Now that we have that cleared up, on to the next thing...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2012, 11:05 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,562,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post

They are not in the same category.
This is modern day slavery, and nobody seems to care! At the very least, advertisers should put pressure on these papers, the public should be outraged.
Craig found a way to stop these ads, the others can too.
Better solution is to legalize prostitution, follow Nevada's lead.

Old 04-02-2012, 11:14 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,937,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
So you're only interested in comparative wrong? Rush misspoke, went off, said pretty much what everyone was already thinking (and he was right, BTW)... and because his audience is so huge (for a reason) it makes his crime (what crime) legit. He said that she was a shill, and she was!!

I'm beginning to think Progressive should be spelled Hypocrit.
1) No he didn't and the proof is that he relished it and continued on the next day.
2) I never said he couldn't say anything. He can say what he wants. He also has to deal with consequences if there are any and again the VV stuff happened over a year ago. It was in the news then and Rush is (or was) now.
3) Hypocrit(e)? What are you talking about? I never said that what Rush did was wrong. All I said was it was more recent. Try reading before vomiting your nonsense back at me. What the VV did is obviously much more vile than Rush but I could care less what Rush said which BTW was much more than her just being a shill.

You response is actually pretty pathetic and really has nothing to do with what I actually said.

Old 04-02-2012, 11:32 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,808,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
Why the double standard for this historically "alternative" and "progressive" newspaper?

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/18/op...eir-goods.html

Pretty damn disgusting if you ask me. I don't think Limbaugh was right in calling Sandra Fluke a **** but a bit of name-calling is nowhere near as bad as this. Yet there's never been a ton of media coverage about Backpage and Village Voice's connection to underage sex trafficking.
We are trying to do something about it. Do you want to help?

Quote:
Tell Village Voice Media to Stop Child Sex Trafficking on Backpage.com
http://www.change.org/petitions/tell...n-backpage-com

Village Voice Media is an American privately held corporation, headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona. Thanks for bringing this issue to everyone's attention.

Now, would you please supply the link to sign the petition to get Rush Limbaugh off the air for his foul remarks? Thanks.

Old 04-02-2012, 11:56 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post

So very true. But I am sure some here will not let that get in the way of their selective outrage.

Old 04-02-2012, 12:02 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,340,061 times
This is thoroughly disgusting and should be stopped immediately. Hopefully the attention will create laws to stop child trafficking.

But don't be silly enough to compare the saleability of a story about Rush vs The Village Voice. Stories about Rush sell. News outlets aren't in business for their health.

Old 04-02-2012, 01:09 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,749,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
We are trying to do something about it. Do you want to help?

http://www.change.org/petitions/tell...n-backpage-com

Village Voice Media is an American privately held corporation, headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona. Thanks for bringing this issue to everyone's attention.

Now, would you please supply the link to sign the petition to get Rush Limbaugh off the air for his foul remarks? Thanks.
This is very interesting. This petition very gently asks the Voice to stop sex trafficking ads. While the poster wants to shut down Rush Limbaugh for mere comments. It kind of draws a bright line under what activity the left considers worse.

Old 04-02-2012, 01:11 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,340,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
This is very interesting. This petition very gently asks the Voice to stop sex trafficking ads. While the poster wants to shut down Rush Limbaugh for mere comments. It kind of draws a bright line under what activity the left considers worse.
Nice try

Old 04-02-2012, 02:52 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,975,697 times
Is the Village Voice the defacto leader of the the left in America? ........Nooooooooo!

Does every major Dem candidate just crave to go on the "Village Voice" to get their blessing? .....Noooo!

Old 04-02-2012, 02:58 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,749,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
Nice try
That is a well reasoned, thought out and expressed refutation of my post. I bow down before your superior intellect!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies