Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How bad could you beat someone in a Minute?
He would look just like Zimmerman 0 0%
Severly Enough that anyone could tell i had beat him severely 5 15.63%
Just into a coma 2 6.25%
Beat thm to death. 28 87.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 02:26 PM

639 posts, read 828,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sturmgeist View Post
You can make a case that Trayvons extraordinarily intimidating appearance combined with verbal threats alone is near enough justification to stand your ground and shoot him, let alone his 6'3 football playing, gold teeth having, musky smelling body hovering over your 5'9 pudgy frame pounding your face to dust in an unprovoked attack.
911 dispatch told the keystone cop wannabe NOT to pursue
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2012, 02:27 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,185,973 times
"How bad could you beat someone in a Minute?"

That sounds like the title of a futuristic TV game show.

4,042 posts, read 3,529,230 times
Your poll is worthless. Nothing personal, it just is.

This is like asking how much food can you eat in a minute, it's way, too subjective.

How bad you could beat a person in one minute would depend upon whether you beat them with your hands, or with something you were holding IN your hands. How strong you were, how healthy you were that day...yada yada.

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
You can make a case that Trayvons extraordinarily intimidating appearance combined with verbal threats alone is near enough justification to stand your ground and shoot him, let alone his 6'3 football playing, gold teeth having, musky smelling body hovering over your 5'9 pudgy frame pounding your face to dust in an unprovoked attack.
Seeing as the doctor who examined his body said there was no evidence of him attacking anyone, and the police video and photographs show no physical damage to Zimmerman, I believe your opinion is misinformed.

And no, a verbal attack and questioning someone for following you is not grounds for using the "stand your ground" law to apply here, even the men who wrote it state that as a fact.

Old 04-02-2012, 02:30 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,585,253 times
I would suggest that it probably doesn't make sense to hold a person to their estimation of time while being beaten. Secondly, the beating could last a minute without it meaning consistent blows for a minute. Things like whether or not his hands were free in defense etc. would also matter.

I say that without suggesting that he either was or was not, but that bit of information wouldn't have any influence on my conclusion.

Old 04-02-2012, 02:33 PM

744 posts, read 811,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Cash View Post
911 dispatch told the keystone cop wannabe NOT to pursue
For all you know he stopped pursuing, he was attacked when he was back at his truck.

Trayvon was a dangerous individual and a ticking time-bomb but there's a small chance he could have become a normal person so of course I'm not happy that Zimmerman shot him in self defense. hopefully this will serve as a lesson to other 17 yr old hip hopping violent predators to change their ways.

When I was 14 I stole stuff multiple times from a Walgreens store which I deeply regret yet I turned out great so people can change

Old 04-02-2012, 02:54 PM

180 posts, read 211,293 times
You could beat someone to death in a minute. However, in regards to this case, I believe Zimmerman used unnecessary lethal force. A case of someone taking his role as neighborhood watch captain a little too seriously.

Old 04-02-2012, 02:55 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times
What a silly question......

Old 04-02-2012, 02:59 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,474,745 times
Quote:
Trayvon was a predator and just looking at his pictures(not the baby ones) scare me
lol. What?

Quote:
lol. What?

Quote:
For all you know he stopped pursuing, he was attacked when he was back at his truck.

Trayvon was a dangerous individual and a ticking time-bomb but there's a small chance he could have become a normal person so of course I'm not happy that Zimmerman shot him in self defense. hopefully this will serve as a lesson to other 17 yr old hip hopping violent predators to change their ways.
lol. What? April fool's day was yesterday man.

Old 04-02-2012, 03:59 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Default Has the OP admitted something or is it chest pounding bravado?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Zimmerman says that he was beaten for a least a minute. I know that myself were i to be sitting on a guys chest and beating him with my fists and then pound his head on the curb. Well he wouldn't be getting back up.
Are you admitting to an assaulting another person in your past? An affirmation of absolute knowledge would indicate personal experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies