Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 10:57 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Guess who has the right to decide whether or not to buy a product or service (unless it's an unconstitutional healthcare mandate we're talking about of course).

Epic

Deflection

FAIL
BULL! Go find a corporate boot to lick.

If it's $$$ wasted on a government employee it's $$$ wasted on a private employee, $$$ that's deducted as a legitimate business expense even though you've already tagged it waste.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2012, 10:59 AM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
A little too truthful for ya?

Quote:
I'm guessing your favorite 'people' are those whose name ends in INC?
Whose name ends in INC... OK... Sorry you have a problem with people using their own resources in making life better for themselves and others.

Old 04-03-2012, 11:04 AM

Quote:
BTW, nothing to comeback from. I'm not happy seeing the government buying $44 breakfasts but why are you OK with corporations being able to deduct that very same waste when tax time rolls around?
How do you know I'm happy with it? Another liberal assumption. Everyone is not exactly the same, you know.

Old 04-03-2012, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Whose name ends in INC... OK... Sorry you have a problem with people using their own resources in making life better for themselves and others.
No, I have a problem with the hypocrites who will tell me $$$ spent on a government employee is waste while the same $$$ spent for the same purpose on a private employee is a 'legitimate' business expense.

You know, like the same hypocrites who tell us government is the problem yet fight to sit at its head and grow it all the same?

Old 04-03-2012, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
How do you know I'm happy with it? Another liberal assumption. Everyone is not exactly the same, you know.
I thought your lack of expressing any concern was a pretty good clue

Old 04-03-2012, 11:11 AM

23,968 posts, read 15,063,270 times
1st, I object to any wasteful government spending on any and all levels.

There is another way the population is being scammed by the use of tax deductions. The society pages of most daily newspapers are always full of some charity do where the town rich entertain themselves every weekend at some country club dinner dance event. They donate to the charity, the charity is exempt. They charity puts on a do honoring somebody. It is all deductible.

The new one on me is the triathlon in every resort town, USA. The participant donates a thousand to a charity and the charity sponsors the participant. Nice gig if you can get one. Go to resorts all over the country doing your hobby "sport" every weekend while gaming the system. We are all paying for that, too.

Same deal as an idiot government employee setting up a cheerleading conference.

Just stop it.

Old 04-03-2012, 11:39 AM

Quote:
No, I have a problem with the hypocrites who will tell me $$$ spent on a government employee is waste while the same $$$ spent for the same purpose on a private employee is a 'legitimate' business expense.

You know, like the same hypocrites who tell us government is the problem yet fight to sit at its head and grow it all the same?
It depends what the government employee is doing to whether or not it's a waste. It definitely is not profitable since 100% of the funds come through a transfer of dollars - unlike a private business.

Quote:
I thought your lack of expressing any concern was a pretty good clue
No, it's a pretty good assumption.

Old 04-03-2012, 02:35 PM

13,044 posts, read 13,858,996 times
Default Fed GSA Execs have Lavish Conference in Las Vegas

GSA head resigns amid reports of lavish spending at Las Vegas conference - News - ReviewJournal.com

Fraud such that "...Government of the Public Sector Unions, By the Public Sector Unions, and For the Public Sector Unions shall not perish from the Earth."

Old 04-03-2012, 02:40 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times
"The report also found costs that exceeded the original projections and officials who skirted federal rules that set aside some contracts for small businesses. The internal review found questionable actions, such as the event planner asking the hotel that an agency employee who arrived a day early get "a friend of a friend of the owner rate (wink)."

Exceeded original projections. LOL. Every government employee should resign. It's sickening. Of course they all praise the great orator for accepting her resignation. He is cleaning up shop. LOL. Only democrats could give themselves credit for this type of nonsense.

Old 04-03-2012, 03:11 PM

57,232 posts, read 26,172,300 times
I heard this on the news today, I thought they had stopped all of this nonsense in government but here we go again. The GSA administrator resigned, the mind reader she hired didn't come up with much. This is not the unions in this case blame the administrator, doing this type of thing in this economy and this atmosphere you have to be crazy.

$75K to assemble 24 bicycles comes to over $3000 per bike, maybe they should have just bought them assembled?

"The conference also spent $75,000 for a training exercise to assemble 24 bicycles that were later donated at the agency's direction to the Boys' and Girls' Club.

Taxpayers also footed the bill for a $3,200 session with a mind reader, $5,600 for in-room parties, $3,700 for T-shirts and nearly $2,800 in water bottles."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies