Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 04:05 PM

23,410 posts, read 36,860,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
I've never known a straight person that had it, but doesn't prove a thing, does it? I've known someone that had it but not strongly, and yet I was convinced that he was straigth. Oh heck, he was a fox so I actually wanted to think he was straight, and he was closeted so I was so shocked when I found out he was indeed gay.

I believe the majority of folks that have gaydar are indeed gay. Seems it shows on gay guys more than on gay women. We make a big mistake if we think we can tell gay women simply by their styles of clothing and hair. I've thought so about a couple of gals, before and then hearing them talk it was clear that they were cougars, and nope....not what I had guessed.

One of the other foxiest gay guys I ever befriended had only one tad of gaydar and it was this thing he'd do with his hands. He was macho to the core in every other way. He is THE only friend that could get me to do sorta daredevil stuff in the seventies because if HE said I would be kept safe, I knew I would be, and was. I hardly noticed the hand thing but my sis did, and told me she knew he was gay.

Why is this subject controversial? It's news to me. Seems it's one of the few things about gays that wouldn't be.

LOL I always thought gaydar was a gay person having the obvious appearance OF being gay! LOL never mind....still dunno why it's controversial.
Oy vey.
I've always been able to know a man was gay from 50 paces.
Every woman I know can do the same thing.
Shoots down your little theory, doesnt it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2012, 04:10 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,255,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post
I’m told that this is controversial, so here it is.

I don't come here often, so please be nice.

Maybe we all have it, but don’t acknowledge it!

Is it something that gay or straight people can have, or are you of the opinion, that only gay people have it?

So, do you have it?

Are you straight, or are you gay?
Sure, many people are easy to tell, but it doesn't matter, they are mostly all nice. (except the one my 3 year old and I came across out of a rest room. Bit of gay rage in Palm Springs)

Old 04-03-2012, 05:11 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,329,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
A lot of times you can just tell by looking at them.
So you miss 90%.

Old 04-03-2012, 05:15 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,820,437 times
What are you asking? Can I tell if someone is gay by their appearance/behavior?

Old 04-03-2012, 05:15 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,329,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
I think that poster is saying and because do gays even matter in our society? Does it really make a difference if they remove themselves from the gene pool?

I say it does make a difference and natural selection would cheer them right off the cliff (no wheelchairs or nudges needed).
Your lack of understanding of evolutionary biology is noted.

Old 04-03-2012, 05:19 PM

23,410 posts, read 36,860,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
What are you asking? Can I tell if someone is gay by their appearance/behavior?
You've never heard of gaydar?
That must have been you in the SNL clip I posted earlier!

Old 04-03-2012, 05:21 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,161,296 times
Many studies have shown that a person will start sizing up another person within 3 seconds of meeting them. "Gaydar" is probably just an aspect of that internal radar we have when it comes to other people. I sometimes have a very strong aversion to a person as a first impression and can't really put my finger on exactly why. Dogs are often like this, too; some people they will take an instant like to and others they back off from.

To sum it up: It's the vibes, man, the vibes.

Old 04-03-2012, 06:06 PM

29,095 posts, read 25,911,475 times
My "gaydar" detects that this is a gay thread.

Old 04-03-2012, 06:13 PM

5,671 posts, read 4,330,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
I'm all for stupid people jumping off a cliff if that's what they want for themselves.
I'd try to discourage him or her. Homosexuality though, does not seem like it would have nearly so many long-term negative repercussions for the individual in question.

Old 04-03-2012, 06:15 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,942,134 times
Nope...don't have it, unless someone is totally butch or flaming.....otherwise, I figure they're simply a person!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies