U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2012, 07:14 PM

9,857 posts, read 6,166,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Aren't you anti-abortion too though?. Which is it????. You have to pick one.
I think a lot of that are illegals.
We have three times the normal level of welfare in our state and it's illegals.

Among the poor that do that, I can see one accident. After that IMO it is outrageous. There are Fluke brand condoms and other cheap products to prevent kids without having to kill the unborn.

Maybe after the first one giver no social programs or support without an implant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2012, 07:17 PM

25,523 posts, read 40,587,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I'm glad you brought that up! Not only are poor people having children they can't afford (Medicaid), they also pony up to the Government Teat via WIC after the child is born....to the tune of 9 million women per year!

So tell me....how exactly does that fit into the personal responsibility theme that I promote on this forum?

It doesn't! That's why it's disgusting what this nation has become in the sense that personal responsbility is non-existent in a very large portion of our society.

And what do you we get from you and your cohorts? "Oh well! That's life!"
I never said "that's life!" I said "that's reality," followed by a number of reasonable and logical methods of reducing the problem (on your WIC thread) - what have you offered as solutions, aside from the fantasy that people all over the country will hear & listen to your pleas for personal responsibility?

Old 04-03-2012, 07:18 PM

23,852 posts, read 17,786,985 times
We just saw a young (16ish) Hispanic female in the grocery store. Is there any question in my mind that she won't be able to afford bringing that baby into the world? Not one question. Without a doubt, she will be another expensive statistic, as will her kid.

Why am I supposed to be responsible for funding her (and his) irresponsible actions?

Someone feel free to school me. I'm all ears!

Old 04-03-2012, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
I think a lot of that are illegals.
We have three times the normal level of welfare in our state and it's illegals.
So first you only "think it's illegals," and then you make an absolute statement it is their fault? Do you have statistics to back up this claim? Illegal immigrants cannot legally acquire these benefits, and in my observations (and most of you know I have a ton of experience with this demographic), the fraudulent collectors are a small minority... sorry, but it's mostly our fellow white Americans who receive the highest amounts of welfare. And stats will prove that!

Old 04-03-2012, 07:23 PM

14,307 posts, read 10,400,242 times
Quote:
We just saw a young (16ish) Hispanic female in the grocery store. Is there any question in my mind that she won't be able to afford bringing that baby into the world? Not one question. Without a doubt, she will be another expensive statistic, as will her kid.

Why am I supposed to be responsible for funding her (and his) irresponsible actions?

I see this all the time in So. Calif. and it is mostly Hispanics. Real young ones with one in the oven, one in a stroller and another one in tow. I would be williing to bet that they gave birth on our dime and are on every kind of welfare program that they can get on compliments of the U.S. taxpayer. Many of them are here illegally. Those who say that illegals can't get welfare certainly aren't talking about the ones with an achor baby or two or three, etc. That is how they get on it and they are the biggest abusers of it.

Old 04-03-2012, 07:23 PM

Quote:

I sure hope you meant to say a PREGNANT Hispanic 16yo, since projecting future stability based on race wouldn't be very tolerant (or logical) of you. Even so, why did you have to specify Hispanic? Wouldn't a pregnant non-Hispanic teen be just as likely to need welfare for her child?

Old 04-03-2012, 07:24 PM

20,979 posts, read 14,378,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
You know what I think is funny. The "right -leaning" posters in this thread are talking about Provider class and Recipient Class and yet they have the tenacity to say "lefties" are the ones using class warfare. lol
You are.

0b0mba is driving the warfare.

One thing is clear...there is a recipient class and a provider class. Do you disagree?

Lefties are caught up in the lie about the rich "not paying heir fair share" when most of the taxes are paid by those wealthy.

But when have fact gotten in the way of a good leftie byline?

Old 04-03-2012, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I see this all the time in So. Calif. and it is mostly Hispanics. Real young ones with one in the oven, one in a stroller and another one in tow. I would be williing to bet that they gave birth on our dime and are on every kind of welfare program that they can get on compliments of the U.S. taxpayer. Many of them are here illegally.
Ah, so I leave the forum for a few hours, and it's turned into a bash Hispanics party? Was that your intention, Aero, or did this take on a life of its own?

Again, statistics show the non-Hispanic whites receive the most welfare in this country - at least that's what I saw the last time I researched this topic.

Old 04-03-2012, 07:27 PM

8,948 posts, read 6,110,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
I never suggested you did write that. Why did you assume I did? Why so defensive?

Is not Obamacare the first step to single-payer socialized health care? Aren't taxpayer funded health benefits, such as the HHS rule for contraception and birth control, exactly what some posters in this very thread have referred to when discussing "free birth control"? This was exactly why my reference to how expensive the costs of childbirth will become once it is "free".
My post had nothing to do with any of those things.

My post was referencing the point trying to be made that "personal responsible" people who can pony up the cost of a hospital birth are the only ones that should be having children.

My point is - how much money is it going to take to make one "personally responsible"? There are plenty of people that can afford to raise a child on a daily basis that can't come up with the requisite upfront cost of an expensive hospital delivery.

My point was - having a baby in a hospital because you really have no other choice and being able to raise one well on a modest income are two totally different kettle of fish. It doesn't necessarily follow that because the first is out of reach that the second is too.

My objection is - it's becoming an elitist sport to be able to "afford" to even deliver a child, and the fact that one can't come up with $9000 - $20,000 to cover the cost shouldn't make one a target for the "personally responsible" moral police.

Old 04-03-2012, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
You are.

0b0mba is driving the warfare.

One thing is clear...there is a recipient class and a provider class. Do you disagree?

Lefties are caught up in the lie about the rich "not paying heir fair share" when most of the taxes are paid by those wealthy.

But when have fact gotten in the way of a good leftie byline?
You do realize many lefties are rich too, right? This "leftie" would never claim the rich don't pay their fair share - lord no, not with the knowledge I have from seeing what my father pays every year!! Yikes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies