U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-05-2012, 01:04 PM

5,893 posts, read 2,365,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon View Post
Those are things that people don't choose though. Having a baby is a choice...I think most people know where babies come from.
So you're pro-choice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2012, 01:07 PM

1,053 posts, read 618,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
So you're pro-choice?
I am. Although I honestly DO hate abortion personally because I know what it entails. It does kill an innocent life that didn't ask to be brought into being. I am definitely for birth control though, much more humane to prevent getting pregnant in the first place.

Old 04-05-2012, 01:11 PM

Either we mandate who can procreate, invest in comprehensive sex education for the young, or eliminate prenatal/delivery Medicaid coverage and watch the infant and maternal mortality rate skyrocket...or just keep whining on and on and on about who 'should' or 'should not' get pregnant ('cause clearly, that's working so well).

What's it gonna be?

Continuing to whine against 'the poor' is not a solution.

Old 04-05-2012, 01:12 PM

Quote:
I am. Although I honestly DO hate abortion personally because I know what it entails. It does kill an innocent life that didn't ask to be brought into being. I am definitely for birth control though, much more humane to prevent getting pregnant in the first place.
So am I.

But what do you propose, if anything, to reduce the amount of pregnancies of the type to which you object?

Old 04-05-2012, 01:14 PM
Status: "From Now On..He Will Be Called Dingle Barry" (set 22 days ago)

22,489 posts, read 9,713,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlude View Post
We had children irresponsibly, just like every culture since the dawn of time. The idolized golden age of personal responsiblity only exists in your head.
Planned Parenthood is the reason you're (presumably) a responsible person? It's not something you figured out on your own? Is that what you're saying?

Old 04-05-2012, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Guys carried condoms in their wallets and there were a lot of unwanted children.
Planned Parenthood is the reason why guys don't carry condoms in their wallets anymore? Planned Parenthood is operating in high schools now and other social hangouts in attempt to influence personal responibility? Is that what you're saying?

Old 04-05-2012, 01:18 PM

1,053 posts, read 618,474 times
Quote:
So am I.

But what do you propose, if anything, to reduce the amount of pregnancies of the type to which you object?
As I said before, mandatory birth control for welfare & food stamp recipients. It's not forced because a person chooses to apply to these programs.

Old 04-05-2012, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Ok, then is it a lapse in 'personal responsibility' to develop cancer, Parkinson's, or a femoral fracture when one's insurance is dropped or when one is out of work and uninsured?
I'll not dignify this comment beyond this: If you can't see the difference between making the choice to have sex......that can and does result in pregnancy....and a person who develops a disease through no choice of their own......then there's no reason whatsoever to continue debating with you.

Quote:
Those are things that people don't choose though. Having a baby is a choice...I think most people know where babies come from.
Exactly!

Old 04-05-2012, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Planned Parenthood is the reason you're (presumably) a responsible person? It's not something you figured out on your own? Is that what you're saying?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Planned Parenthood is the reason why guys don't carry condoms in their wallets anymore? Planned Parenthood is operating in high schools now and other social hangouts in attempt to influence personal responibility? Is that what you're saying?
What on earth are you yammering on about?

Maybe you should exit your personal Ivory Tower and ask people directly why they don't use condoms, why they do/don't use PP services, why they feel the need to have a child or not.

Anything else just seems to be one crabby guy making expansive value judgments to appease his own sense of superiority.

Old 04-05-2012, 01:20 PM

Quote:
As I said before, mandatory birth control for welfare & food stamp recipients. It's not forced because a person chooses to apply to these programs.
Ok, and what about people whose incomes exceed the cut-off for those programs, but who still qualify for prenatal/delivery-specific Medicaid?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies