Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2012, 12:32 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,599,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Wrong. Taking responsibility for your children doesn't mean you should kill them. In this age of many many forms of birth control, and the availability of sterilization, you don't have to have children you cannot afford but would only abort if you had to pay a dime toward their support.
I think the "after the fact" reality is what were talking about here. The op states that we've already paid for 40%. I'm gathering we need to focus on how to lower the cost of health care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2012, 12:33 AM

37 posts, read 24,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I am anti-abortion. Please don't assert that my solution to your problem is abortion. You couldn't be further from the truth.

My assertion is not that a person doesn't "deserve" to have children.....my position is that people shouldn't get pregnant with a child they can't afford in the first place....and then compel taxpayers to pay for their bad decisions and irresponsible actions!

See the difference? It sure doesn't sound like it considering your unapologetic use of taxpayer funded entitlements.
Well excuse the ***** out of us because sometimes ***** happens.

Old 04-04-2012, 12:39 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,016,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
I'm gathering we need to focus on how to lower the cost of health care.
That's easy "Medicare for All".

I still don't want to be paying for deadbeat women or men.
Seriously, if you can't afford to support a
child's BASIC needs, without government assistance....
you shouldn't be having any.

Old 04-04-2012, 12:45 AM

5,906 posts, read 5,736,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
It's just a little snip This is what I think needs to change, and that's
where the Education comes in.
EXACTLY.

Quote:
And yes, a vasectomy reversal is still somewhat expensive $6000 - $15,000,
but I think if it was done more frequently, the price would come down.

I'm still hoping for a male pill - I really think most guys would take it
religiously
If they didn't take it willingly, I'm sure there are ways of slipping it in their beer...or nachos...maybe as a pizza topping.

Old 04-04-2012, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
This is not about "personal responsibility", it's about how the cost of even the most basic things in life, such as giving birth to a baby, has gotten so ridiculously over inflated that to actually pay for it is out of the realm of possibility for your average wage earning family.

Couple that with the fact that midwives' duties have been heavily regulated and are even illegal in some places, and there's not much alternative but to go into an expensive L&D ward to do what mothers have been doing naturally and for no cost for all human history.

If our great/grandparents had had to put forth the level of "personal responsibility" (ie money) required now to give birth to us back in their day, most of us wouldn't be here.
I don't know about that, you'd just be put out to plowing a little younger
than usual

I had to snicker at your post. I'm married to a doctor and my son was delivered by a midwive
You are so right about the hurdles midwives have, and no that is not funny. Give a wave to the lawyer/doc community
It's become big business to deliver. Even on Medicaid, they
pay a pretty hefty chunk of change.

Don't have to really worry that much about Medicare on this issue

Old 04-04-2012, 01:08 AM

30,322 posts, read 51,921,120 times
Quote:

So basically, you're saying we should wag fingers at the "victim" rather than arresting or rehabilitating the "criminal?" That doesn't make much sense to me, especially when this BASIC need you speak of can cost thousands upon thousands of dollars.

Old 04-04-2012, 01:10 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,599,276 times
Quote:

But you already are. Just stating you don't feel like it is a little useless, unless you already know that and are just having a bit of a rant.

Old 04-04-2012, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
But you already are. Just stating you don't feel like it is a little useless, unless you already know that and are just having a bit of a rant.
The fact that I'm already paying for it, doesn't mean I have to like it.
Getting kind of tired of this holding my purse strings for ransom.
They are here, therefore it must be paid bull****.

If all these folks want to bring children into the world, without any
means of support, other than what a government taxation system
can dole out to them, at my expense...

Eventually, it will become unsustainable. I'm a true believer in
self reliance. It made me the libertarian I am today
Dems can keep printing money for welfare, and Repubs can keep
printing money for war. It's truly unfortunate for folks like me, having
to pay for both your **** ups, in more ways than one.

Last edited by pollyrobin; 04-04-2012 at 01:40 AM..

Old 04-04-2012, 01:38 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,284,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Democrats have zero desire to address this issue because they perceive illegal immigrants to be future votes. Does it get any more treasonous?
Illegal immigrants dont vote..

Last edited by jambo101; 04-04-2012 at 02:17 AM..

Old 04-04-2012, 01:39 AM

6,137 posts, read 4,860,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXxaimeexXx View Post
I didn't need a mother then, and I sure as hell don't need one now. So take your holier than thou sanctimony and shove it.
Wow. What you need is some god damn Xanax now, and some help with anger management when you have the free time. You're making mogal's case for her.

Your anecdotal story is just that, anecdotal. Here are some facts on single parent families.

- 75% of children/adolescents in chemical dependency hospitals are from single-parent families.
- More than one half of all youths incarcerated for criminal acts lived in one-parent families when they were children.
- 63% of suicides are individuals from single parent families
- 75% of teenage pregnancies are adolescents from single parent homes

Take it from someone who lives in one of the most welfare and single-mother filled areas in the country. If you really think more single parenthood, more teen pregnancy, and a 40% rate of birth on welfare are anything but horribly destructive to society, you are blind, naive, or just plain old stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies