Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 07:03 PM

2,539 posts, read 4,086,723 times

Advertisements

I guess it should have read, " Two young guys, (not allowed to say black race) beat white man with hammer!". I guess he wouldn't give them any nails so they could find a roofing job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2012, 07:04 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,283,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Nonsense, people defend themselves with handguns all the time without a peep or any questions asked.

Comparing EVERY murder to that of Trayvon Martin is getting really old. This has nothing to do with it, nor does it justify his killing. Since people keep referring to those of us who want justice for Trayvon or are empathetic and compassionate toward his parents as lefties can someone please tell me why the "righties" are only outraged when the victim is white and the culprits are black? Can someone explain why righties are incapable of compassion and turn their backs on children of God but claim to be men/women of God?

In case you missed my last post, once again I feel for the victim and hope that justice is served. I am glad that he survived the attack. If he had defended himself with a handgun, I certainly woudn't have taken issue with it. There is a difference between people who assault someone and steal a car and a boy being followed then killed while on his way back from a convenience store. If you don't get that, you are either an idiot or evil.
I'd rep you, but I apparently did that too recently. You are right on the money with this post.

Old 04-03-2012, 07:06 PM

2,539 posts, read 4,086,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Are they in jail.......
I think they got a job in the justice dept or the white house, fund raising or teaching morals to the potus's daughters, south chicago style!

Old 04-03-2012, 07:07 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
Default Couldn't be further from the facts!

[quote=Factsplease;23702020]There was an arrest....I guess if the criminals said the man went for their hammer the could've claimed self-defense under the stand your ground law and been released.......[/quote]

Why do you insist on the username factsplease when your posts usually are contrary to the facts?

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012...-media-silent/

Quote:
Suspects Julius Bender, and Yahaziel Israel beat the victim with a hammer then dragged him from his car and beat him some more.
Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

Quote:
(1) A person is presumed to have held a reasonable fear of imminent peril of death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another when using defensive force that is intended or likely to cause death or great bodily harm to another if:
(a) The person against whom the defensive force was used was in the process of unlawfully and forcefully entering, or had unlawfully and forcibly entered, a dwelling, residence, or occupied vehicle, or if that person had removed or was attempting to remove another against that person’s will from the dwelling, residence, or occupied vehicle; and............
(2) The presumption set forth in subsection (1) does not apply if:.....
(4) A person who unlawfully and by force enters or attempts to enter a person’s dwelling, residence, or occupied vehicle is presumed to be doing so with the intent to commit an unlawful act involving force or violence.
........(c) “Vehicle” means a conveyance of any kind, whether or not motorized, which is designed to transport people or property.

Old 04-03-2012, 07:08 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,530,120 times
The two men who are suspected in the attack were arrested. The justice system is working in this case.

The justice system was not working in the case of Trayon Martin. He was murdered in the street and his confessed killer skipped out of the police precinct with a pat on the head and a lollipop.

Interesting how the bigots are unable to see the difference in these cases. Oh well, I guess they are going to continue with their usual racist antics. Carry on.

Old 04-03-2012, 07:10 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,518,770 times
Quote:

Comparing EVERY murder to that of Trayvon Martin is getting really old. This has nothing to do with it, nor does it justify his killing. Since people keep referring to those of us who want justice for Trayvon or are empathetic and compassionate toward his parents as lefties can someone please tell me why the "righties" are only outraged when the victim is white and the culprits are black? Can someone explain why righties are incapable of compassion and turn their backs on children of God but claim to be men/women of God?
The first answer is because a large percentage of them are either racist or sympathetic to those who are. The second answer is because they are not Christian, as the teachings of Christ are ignored, and they are largely spiritually and morally bankrupt.

Old 04-03-2012, 07:13 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,126,416 times
I don't know how racism turned political, but whatever.

This story is just sad. I feel bad as a black man. I feel bad as an American. I feel bad as a human.

Are we really gonna let racism, political parties, etc tear us apart?

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
Default Projection?

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
The two men who are suspected in the attack were arrested. The justice system is working in this case.

The justice system was not working in the case of Trayon Martin. He was murdered in the street and his confessed killer skipped out of the police precinct with a pat on the head and a lollipop.

Interesting how the bigots are unable to see the difference in these cases. Oh well, I guess they are going to continue with their usual racist antics. Carry on.
The questions are:

1) Who are you calling a bigot ?
2) What part of the linked FL statute to the "stand your ground" law is unclear so that you yourself cannot see the difference between the two cases?

Quote:
(3) A person who is not engaged in an unlawful activity and who is attacked in any other place where he or she has a right to be has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground and meet force with force, including deadly force if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.

3,436 posts, read 2,948,991 times
[quote=lifelongMOgal;23702233]
Quote:
There was an arrest....I guess if the criminals said the man went for their hammer the could've claimed self-defense under the stand your ground law and been released.......[/quote]

Why do you insist on the username factsplease when your posts usually are contrary to the facts?

It's called sarcasm...Usually when a person begins a sentence with "I guess" they are not presenting a fact. Didn't know my username prohibits me from discussing issues and having an opinion, but thanks for letting me know. From here on out I will post factual data only. <=== In case you didn't catch it, that was sarcasm also.

I see that you skipped over the other part where I said that I am glad the victim survived ( glad is my sentiment, he survived is a fact) and I hope that justice is served ( my sentiments, not fact). Again, this has nothing to do with Trayvon Martin. Some of us are capable of feeling empathy toward any victim of an act of violence, regardless of race, religion or political affiliation - guess that is just how us lefties roll.

Old 04-03-2012, 07:15 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,565,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
How soon before the lefties come in with some typical....we don't know all the fact....
These two boys were arrested. I'm a liberal, and I say throw the book at them.

In the Zimmerman case, a man shot a child and got away with it (thus far).

Conservatives, how hard is it to see the difference?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies