Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2008, 04:10 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,328,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ga.Peach View Post
it does make a point , mother apes don't leave their newborns or young . But then the males stay close by too . No animal leaves their young with strangers but the human . Of course they don't need bigger and better houses and cars either .

Our family size home has almost doubled in size in the past couple decades . We need bigger living rooms to ignore our kids in . Places we can watch mostly violent and lewd entertainment .

The best place for a married man to get hooked up with another woman is at work . The temptation is unusually high for both genders acyually .

At work we see people at their best ,they are dressed nice, well groomed and at best behavior .

At home we have the selfish unkept ball fan or book worm . The woman with hair on head sitting in old comfy flannesl or old t-shirt . Both are now allowed the luxuary of taking out the frustrations of the work day on each other or yelling at the kids ,fighting over money and too tired for romance .

No wonder prostrate cancer is # 1 killer for men now, they seldom get to stimulate it . And breast cancer for women most use chemicles to dry up the milk so they can run back to work .

It cost a lot of money for women to work , baby sitters , clothes, gas, car payments , processed foods and many other work related exspenses .

Some poor women have to work , but most want to .

Just my opinion of course .
I hope you post here often.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2008, 04:22 PM

214 posts, read 473,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuAnn245 View Post
my ex husband was what you call a "head"....but it wasnt of our household, if you get my meaning.... I raised my family alone. anyone can pay bills, it takes a special person, male or female, to be a parent. I respect both sides, because Ive had to do it all. my case closed.
Are you saying you never had another relationship with a man ? I had rather fight it out with one man than several in different relationships .

Of course some men do some things we just can't live with . Beating a woman or running around is a couple ,both are dangerous .

Most of the time we exspect too much out of each other .

Old 01-05-2008, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
I hope you post here often.

Why , I must warn you, I don't have a lot of fans on these forums ?

Old 01-05-2008, 04:32 PM

139 posts, read 375,458 times
Default Equal opportunity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Brunolesci View Post
Do we really need "career women" in our society, rather than traditional, normal, regular women who are more apt to take on more traditional roles? Why is it the goal of almost every woman these days to have a career, rather than simply be supportive of a man who acts as head of a household? Can we not acknowledge that there are indeed differences between the genders, and women are better suited for certain tasks than others, many of which differ from those of men?

I think that though women may be more suited for things like taking care of children and playing other traditional roles, we should still have an equal opportunity in the workplace and in everything else.
I don't believe that everybody is created equally - everyone is different (by the way, I mean that in a good way)! BUT, I do believe in equal opportunity. Just because women may be more suited to take care of a household, does NOT mean that they shouldn't have a chance to be successful in a great career.
I think that so many women have goals as careers nowadays because it's possible! It used to be unheard of to have a woman who was a CEO of a large company, but now it's becoming more common. Women now have the chance to do what they really want to do, so why not? If a woman wants to be a genetic engineer or the CEO of a Fortune 500 company then nobody should stop her!

Old 01-05-2008, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
The problem with the stay at home wives is that most states dropped alimony in divorce. I would think for the couple that makes the choice to have one of them stay home, there should be some kind of signed agreement to cover the financial security of the stay-at-home if the other wants out of the marriage.

For example a couple I know by mutual agreement decided the wife should give up having a career and stay home. Everything worked out fine until he found a girl friend and the marriage ended and he no longer felt he should have to support her. Two kids -- one 18 and the other over 16 meant less than 2 years of child support for just the younger one and for a woman over 40 out of the work place for 19 years --- it wasn't a very good time.

This is where the equal rights, equal pay into play . We all lose because a bunch of militant femmist changed the laws of society .

When I was young if a man left he left with nothing and still had to pay alimony until his wife married.

Old 01-05-2008, 05:23 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuAnn245 View Post
p.s.s. just thought Id ask, was the wife big and fat?...19 years is a long time and Im guessing with no motivation she might have put on a lot of weight, and is not real quick on her feet about what to do...tell her to loose the weight and get moving, she needs her life back, and she CAN get it.
She's a relative so maybe I'm biased but she was attractive, a great housekeeper and mother. No -- she didn't get fat, more than she was when they married -- but he lost hair and got a bit heavier himself.

I think she just got "boring" to him, he ended up having an affair with a married co-worker.

The bad part was that when he decided he wanted to move on -- he meant for her to move on with nothing -- no job skills, no house, the older vehicle -- he even tried to keep the kids claiming since she didn't have a job she couldn't support them. A lawyer fixed that and she got the house and kids and he had to sell some of his toys to pay off some of the house for her, since she would only get less than 2 years child support. She could only find part time work at minimum wage at first since she didn't have a resume of any kind.

Plus -- she was devastated for having her world turn upside down -- not the most self-confident when it became important to join the working world. I just felt in a case like that alimony would be better since she gave up having a career by mutual decision.

Old 01-05-2008, 05:32 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
[quote=Yeledaf;2427309]100% true.

So what is the need for sexist comments like "I bet MEN think women are more suited to the subservient, cooking, cleaning, child rearing, buy-YOUR-mom's-birthday-gift, entertain YOUR guests,wash YOUR clothes, run YOUR errands, serve-you-beer-while-YOU-lay-on-YOUR-butt, type of tasks ????" -- aside from indicating that you may have been unlucky in your choice of men?[/quote

Taken out of context, Yeledaf, it might be.

And, I chose this forum after getting tired of posters in another chat room making EVERYTHING personal, (I learned more about their private lives than I ever wanted to know).
They ASSumed things about other posters with nothing to back it up, unable to discuss a topic without insults.

Please, could we just discuss the topic?

I have a hard enough time behaving myself (hence, my ID)but I swore to do it here since so many interesting topics are discussed...

My apologies if this is just a misunderstanding.

There, that's as nice as I get

Old 01-05-2008, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty53000 View Post
I think that though women may be more suited for things like taking care of children and playing other traditional roles, we should still have an equal opportunity in the workplace and in everything else.
I don't believe that everybody is created equally - everyone is different (by the way, I mean that in a good way)! BUT, I do believe in equal opportunity. Just because women may be more suited to take care of a household, does NOT mean that they shouldn't have a chance to be successful in a great career.
I think that so many women have goals as careers nowadays because it's possible! It used to be unheard of to have a woman who was a CEO of a large company, but now it's becoming more common. Women now have the chance to do what they really want to do, so why not? If a woman wants to be a genetic engineer or the CEO of a Fortune 500 company then nobody should stop her!

yea lots of women in the corporate world now,and take a good look at what a mess it is . The middle classs is almost exstinc . So this may be a bad example if your promoting women in the workplace . Before women got on the board , we had triving economy, less white collar crime and lots of jobs still in this country . Now white collar crime is rampant, jobs are in other nations , our food is dangerous , even our cats and dogs can't eat the stuff, our kids exsposed to dangerous levels of lead and other toxins , and new clothes fall off your back after the second wash because some poor little child in third world sewed it together to maker some has been Hollyhood female star richer . i could go on, but ............

Old 01-05-2008, 05:58 PM

139 posts, read 375,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ga.Peach View Post
yea lots of women in the corporate world now,and take a good look at what a mess it is . The middle classs is almost exstinc . So this may be a bad example if your promoting women in the workplace . Before women got on the board , we had triving economy, less white collar crime and lots of jobs still in this country . Now white collar crime is rampant, jobs are in other nations , our food is dangerous , even our cats and dogs can't eat the stuff, our kids exsposed to dangerous levels of lead and other toxins , and new clothes fall off your back after the second wash because some poor little child in third world sewed it together to maker some has been Hollyhood female star richer . i could go on, but ............
I don't think women in the workplace are to blame for crime, dangerous food, levels of lead, and the quality of clothing.
In fact, last I checked, it was a male who was one of the CEO's of a company that was producing the toys with the toxic levels of lead.
Toy company CEO kills self - CNN.com (http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/asiapcf/08/13/china.toymaker.ap/index.html - broken link)

I'd like to see evidence or facts that support what you say about women being a cause of how you believe the corporate world is a mess. I'm not denying that it's a mess, or that there are some problems in the economy, I'd just like to see proof as to how women being in the workplace could be to blame.

Old 01-05-2008, 06:01 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,328,678 times
[quote=Who?Me?!;2428352]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
100% true.

So what is the need for sexist comments like "I bet MEN think women are more suited to the subservient, cooking, cleaning, child rearing, buy-YOUR-mom's-birthday-gift, entertain YOUR guests,wash YOUR clothes, run YOUR errands, serve-you-beer-while-YOU-lay-on-YOUR-butt, type of tasks ????" -- aside from indicating that you may have been unlucky in your choice of men?[/quote

Taken out of context, Yeledaf, it might be.

And, I chose this forum after getting tired of posters in another chat room making EVERYTHING personal, (I learned more about their private lives than I ever wanted to know).
They ASSumed things about other posters with nothing to back it up, unable to discuss a topic without insults.

Please, could we just discuss the topic?

I have a hard enough time behaving myself (hence, my ID)but I swore to do it here since so many interesting topics are discussed...

My apologies if this is just a misunderstanding.

There, that's as nice as I get
I'm nice, too. I just don't like being described as a "lay-on-my-butt" slavedriver who doesn't do any work around the house or take any responsibility, just because I'm male...that, unless I'm mistaken, is a sexist generalization, and does not contribute to any reasonable discussion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies