Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 11:21 AM

867 posts, read 498,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Great American, how?

Decent? How? Tried and true, how? Honest? Really?

Hell, here is one blantant lie:

Defense cuts. In an October speech on national security, Romney promised to "reverse President Obama's massive defense cuts." One problem: Pentagon spending has gone up under Obama, from $594 billion in 2008 to $666 billion. The 2011 request was for $739 billion. As Rick Perry would say, "Oops."

So there you go. Tip of the Iceberg. I could go all day.
From what I see, you do, without a fact or shred of evidence or substance.

His business and Olympics record is pubic knowledge, but something, you, obviously, are ignorant of. Ignorance is a hallmark of liberalism
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2012, 11:23 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatles4evr View Post
From what I see, you do, without a fact or shred of evidence or substance.

His business and Olympics records is pubic knowledge, but something, you, obviously, are ignorant of. Ignorance is a hallmark of liberalism
So now you're saying that Romney DIDN'T say that?

What did he say then?

Old 04-08-2012, 08:34 PM

867 posts, read 498,204 times
Quote:
So now you're saying that Romney DIDN'T say that?

What did he say then?
It's an irrelevancy. An imagined tempest in a teapot. Have you got an substantive criticisms or is dungrenade tossing as far as you go?

Old 04-10-2012, 02:30 PM

78,384 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Well, yea. Of course. But how is that any different than any other group in that case?

If Republicans had positions that blacks see as being good for black folks (whatever that means...and i seriously don't really know), they'd vote Republican too. I think your premise is that blacks blindly vote Democrat. Some do, but that wouldn't IMO be any different than the percentage of whites that blindly vote Republican.
I'm not talking about black and white voting patterns.

I'm talking about organizations that rate and endorse candidates based upon their voting record that have a proven track record of crossing party lines.

I've proven the NRA has endorsed large numbers of pro-gun democrats in the past, including Daschle. They even thought long and hard about endorsing Reid but had issues with some of his recent stances.

I'm feel the NAACP merely endorses out of political ties and obligation and will not endorse republicans even if they have a pro-NAACP voting record.

Seriously, before you said the NRA was just joined at the hip to republicans and now you just waive it off as every organization supports candidates that support their positions. A complete 180 turn in your claim about how the NRA endorses.

Old 04-10-2012, 03:22 PM

161 posts, read 211,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatles4evr View Post
He is not the best pick, per se, but the only good one to survive the media hate-fest against conservatives.
"media hate-fest" really?

So much for Fox being the most watched network. I see that it is convenient for Conservatives to to say how Fox is number one and then turn around and cry Liberal bias in the media.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies